WJC: 2023 Czech Team

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Found 2 more positives.lol

Suchanek has allowed 5 goals against Canada and Sweden and that is DAMN good! He's a keeper.

I looked at the 'record' with Sweden... This is our FIRST point from them since 2002. Baby steps.haha

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Bitter loss, but did our U20 squad just thoroughly outplay Sweden? I sure could get used to that fast.

Given the results in the other group it's hard to say whether it's actually better to finish 1st or 2nd in our group, but just the fact it's well within the realm of possibility to come on top out of the group stage is crazy. Just need more out of forwards, the 1st line has been good, but at the end of day they only have 3 goals combined in the Kulich hattrick against Austria. Germany should be a good team to gain some confidence on in that regard - not the pushover Austria is by any means, but still a team you expect to beat.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
View attachment 627815

I'm going to go the NYE here.lol

Germany is 4th no matter what.

Our max potential is 10 pts
Canada's max potential is 9 pts
Sweden's is 11 pts.. they are in the drivers seat.

Sweden beats Canada and we are 2nd
Canada beats Sweden and we are 3rd or 1st depending on Germany game

If we beat Germany, a Swede OT win would give them first and us second (same if Germany beats us and that happens)

Our only third place scenario, I think, is we lost clean to Germany and Canada beats Sweden in OT or regulation.
Honestly I expect Czechia to finish 1st. I think Canada beats Sweden in regulation.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Honestly I expect Czechia to finish 1st. I think Canada beats Sweden in regulation.
I think Canada is the fav in that matchup too. Swedes find ways here though in round Robins. Should be a great game.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
1672419403278.png

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
ONLINE. Češi jdou na Německo se Sapouškem v první lajně | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje

Am I reading this wrong? Sapousek to line 1 and Sale is the 13th forward????? He has 3 points in 3 games putting him second in forwards with Kulich and behind Sapo?

Is he hurt? Sick? Help me?
Maybe they want to give Sapousek some good minutes so he's more "ready" before the QF? He's had some promising glimpses in the few shifts he got vs Sweden. Sale will get his PP minutes and it's not like he's not used to playing 4th line minutes this season is it :laugh:? He was kind of struggling with 5v5 pace on that 1st line. But maybe it's something else entirely...

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Maybe they want to give Sapousek some good minutes so he's more "ready" before the QF? He's had some promising glimpses in the few shifts he got vs Sweden. Sale will get his PP minutes and it's not like he's not used to playing 4th line minutes this season is it :laugh:? He was kind of struggling with 5v5 pace on that 1st line. But maybe it's something else entirely...
Like he confirmed he's leaving and they're punishing him? Crossed my mind.

To above, he setup Kulich for 2 great chances at 5 on 5.. either of those go in and he's not invisible. I won't say he's dominant or standing out of course.

Just a strange decision... reminds me of benching Spacek before the Quarters at the World's and I wanted the same lineup as they have chemistry.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I highly doubt that. He could easily get minutes elsewhere.
Sale hasn’t looked amazing but certainly not out of place imo.
This is a very weird decision. Czechs have been successful so far. Why change anything?
I think it’s much more likely that he’s sick or something.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Well go Canada go!

10 out of 12 points
Suchanek allowed 6 goals in 4 games.
Top 5 D scoring has 3 Czechs
Forwards picked it up here against Germany

Things are good and that 'might' be our best pool play in 20 years or more.

Nice job from Rulik so far. My ONLY gripe is Sale but hoping someone can explain what happened?

Fine with Kulich below average (by his high standards) as he has 1 more game to make up for it!

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
No one predicted this...

1672521077882.png

We are plus 18. 5-2 Canada and 2-3 Sweden makes us +4 against the big boys.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Well go Canada go!

10 out of 12 points
Suchanek allowed 6 goals in 4 games.
Top 5 D scoring has 3 Czechs
Forwards picked it up here against Germany

Things are good and that 'might' be our best pool play in 20 years or more.

Nice job from Rulik so far. My ONLY gripe is Sale but hoping someone can explain what happened?

Fine with Kulich below average (by his high standards) as he has 1 more game to make up for it!
Am I wrong for disliking going against those cheeseeating bastards? 4th place but 3 wins.

• Haha

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Like he confirmed he's leaving and they're punishing him? Crossed my mind.

To above, he setup Kulich for 2 great chances at 5 on 5.. either of those go in and he's not invisible. I won't say he's dominant or standing out of course.

Just a strange decision... reminds me of benching Spacek before the Quarters at the World's and I wanted the same lineup as they have chemistry.

Šalé was playing regularly in the 3rd period. He is the youngest guy on the roster, they almost surely wanted to give him some rest before the QF game. Speculating about strange intentions is just nonsense. They have 13 forwards, wanted to make sure all will be ready for the QF.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Šalé was playing regularly in the 3rd period. He is the youngest guy on the roster, they almost surely wanted to give him some rest before the QF game. Speculating about strange intentions is just nonsense. They have 13 forwards, wanted make sure all will be ready for the QF.
I'll go with this!

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

They're saving energy for their ultimate goal that is winning the QF after which they can take rest of the week off while also playing a couple additional meaningless game just for fun. It's good to have occasional breaks in the middle of a long season.

• Haha

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
As I said in the beginning of the tournament. The favorites for the final are Canada and Czechia, as long as they don't face each other before the final. With the three others as outsiders.

Reactions: smitty10 and Swipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad