WJC: 2023 Czech Team

member 305909

I have to say that I haven't seen this Czechia-rubbish as a made up English name for the country anywhere else than on these forums.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

Well, this is a rare one for me. I have NOTHING to complain about. I like the goalie choice, line combos, D, coaches and players. No controversies, no injuries, no politics.

Win or lose today, I can't complain and think everything was done well. I like the 'big boy North/South' lines, I like the PP, like the PK and all of it.

My only gripe is that Kulich needs to bury one and get going. I'm not saying he's been bad. I think he's our best forward but we've been winning games without him scoring. Imagine if he starts scoring? He is the black ace here.

Also, if some of you are rightfully wondering - does this f***en guy have nothing better to do? I've been sick for 8 days and sitting in my basement away from kids and wife, not drinking or excercising. So, to answer the question.. No, I literally haven't had anything better to do.lol It was this or blowing my nose.lol So apologies for my 70000 posts since December 23rd.. been a bit bored and it was at least good timing since we got to final of Spengler too! Plus my Oil have shit the bed and that is always fun to read online.lol

Never apologize for posting a lot. It’s nice to have some other Czech posters involved a lot here! Keep it up!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Never apologize for posting a lot. It’s nice to have some other Czech posters involved a lot here! Keep it up!
It's been excessive.. I will be healthy soon and legally blind.

Hope you got home safe! I'm heading your way tomorrow!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
First back to back Semi since 2004!

The goal was win a quarter. The goal is met.

I have zero things to bitch about.

Our next opponent is one of Sweden, Germany or Slovakia depending on the outcomes of the games.

We have 2 MONKEYS left - can't beat Sweden (20 years) and haven't medalled in 17.

Reactions: unkempt and Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
First back to back Semi since 2004!

The goal was win a quarter. The goal is met.

I have zero things to bitch about.

Our next opponent is one of Sweden, Germany or Slovakia depending on the outcomes of the games.

We have 2 MONKEYS left - can't beat Sweden (20 years) and haven't medalled in 17.
Well, then i think it's time you guys beat Sweden and i will root for you guys.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Czechia this year is like your typical Russian team strong and gritty with great chemistry. I absolutely love their D-Core.

Jiricek and Kulich really clicked tonight.

I made this prediction on December 21st, and behold they are one step closer. I’m cheering you guys on but I absolutely hate your goal horn! Sweden vs Czechia (most likely) is going to be intense.
4142DA48-90B5-4AF8-A6E0-5123972E5F35.jpeg

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Czechia this year is like your typical Russian team strong and gritty with great chemistry. I absolutely love their D-Core.

I made this prediction on December 21st, and behold they are one step closer. I’m cheering you guys on but I absolutely hate your goal horn! Sweden vs Czechia (most likely) is going to be intense. View attachment 629393
It'll be a tough game against Sweden, that's for sure. Thanks for the good wishes! Here's hoping for a Czech-Canada final!

Reactions: Goodman68

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I remember pre-draft scounting reports on Pastrňák. He was expected to become a valuable NHL playmaker with above average skating, however, his shooting and general finishing abilities were considered his weakness. Quite funny to say this about a guy who quicky became one of the best finishers in the NHL. Even the NHL teams' scouts sometimes fail to discover a players' true potential.
From what I remember at the time, Vrana was considered better than him. Although some of the guys on here predicted that Pasta would be the better overall player. He has become better every year and I recently noticed his stickhandling has improved considerably this season (it was always a little wobbly).

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I made this prediction on December 21st, and behold they are one step closer. I’m cheering you guys on but I absolutely hate your goal horn! Sweden vs Czechia (most likely) is going to be intense. View attachment 629393
Nice prediction... still a LOT of work to do! All 4 lines are clicking and all 3 pairs are clicking. Goalie is doing what is expected. Coach isn't doing stupid things. No injuries going into semi's and the same lineup (I hope) for the 6th game (give or take 2 periods).

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I was so excited I wrote an article.lol

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
When we played against u guys, we where missing our 2 best offensive players in Leo Carlsson and Fabian Lysell. But i dont think it will change alot, i still have you guys as the favorites.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
2 monkeys left! 1 game to end the medal draught and the Swedish dominance of us. They'll be stronger with those 2 horses back too!

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I was so excited I wrote an article.lol

Nice job.

I have faith that two monkeys will be removed on January 4th!

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
As far as connected 5 man unit play goes I think the Czechs have been the best of the tourney so far. Certainly some talented players as well but the coach has done a great job getting these kids to play cohesively. They support the puck extremely well.

Think it probably helps a lot of these players have been playing house league and other tournaments together most of their lives.

unkempt

Oct 19, 2006
Well, now comes the real do-or-die time. It should have come in the quarters but somehow that never materialized. The Swedes beat us, although by a narrow margin, so there is even more motivation (as if it was needed 😄).

But I don’t dare to predict the result. But I am sure that it will be close. What is the probability of beating the same team twice in one tourney? 😉

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, now comes the real do-or-die time. It should have come in the quarters but somehow that never materialized. The Swedes beat us, although by a narrow margin, so there is even more motivation (as if it was needed 😄).

But I don’t dare to predict the result. But I am sure that it will be close. What is the probability of beating the same team twice in one tourney? 😉
Among them big 5 it's very hard.

Tomorrow will be very tough! I can't even make a prediction... I'll be watching very nervously though.lol

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
This Czech team is just so big and fast that they're hard for anyone to contain. Add to that the best D core they've ever had at this tournament and a good goalie and they quickly become a top team this year. Let's hope they take down Sweden! Love an underdog story!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad