WJC: 2023 Czech Team

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
I hope you understand why I am skeptical we win?

58 to 15.. good lord!
This tournament is not a reason to be skeptical and expect to lose. I will give some money to the Czech Republic to win, unfortunately the odds are no longer 4.10 but only 3.8. It went down very quickly, but I still don't understand why Sweden is the favorite. And if I lose money but Sweden wins, I'll be happy.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I expect the CZE - SWE game to be a thrilling one. Looking forward to it.
My dream is that we end 3 nasty droughts here

The Canada one which we've done
The 20 year Swede one which I'm giving us a 40% chance tomorrow
The 17 year medal draught which I'm giving us a 35% chance at

I want to believe but history is damning! Hope the Czechs are not buying into their own hype and very humble going in. Not scared but respectful.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Poor Alscher didn't make the cut.. not sure if Sapousek plays or not.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice

Poor Alscher didn't make the cut.. not sure if Sapousek plays or not.

Sapoušek should be dressed for the game as the 13th forward.
Alscher, Pajer could only be added if somebody's injured. That's the new rule. You have a 20+3 roster, buth you can substitute an injured player by adding a new one. The injury of course has to be confirmed by the tournament medical committee.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Sapoušek should be dressed for the game as the 13th forward.
Alscher, Pajer could only be added if somebody's injured. That's the new rule. You have a 20+3 roster, buth you can substitute an injured player by adding a new one. The injury of course has to be confirmed by the tournament medical committee.
Is that new?

Imagine our D being so strong that Alscher is 8? What a great problem to have. Outside of Spacek, Svozil and jiricek.. he is very close to the rest and id argue more likely to make NHL then Moravec, Cech and tichachek. 1 year younger.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I think Alscher needs to develop his defensive game a bit, as well as the puck control under a pressure. He is 2004, can play at the WJC next year. He is a good prospect, physically strong, he's going to be really good in a few years.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I think Alscher needs to develop his defensive game a bit, as well as the puck control under a pressure. He is 2004, can play at the WJC next year. He is a good prospect, physically strong, he's going to be really good in a few years.
We are in good shape next year... Alscher and Hamara are back! Dvorak will be joining and, probably, Koci. Not a bad start at all for the older guys. While the younger guys will be some combo of Badinka, Galvas, Jiricek and Svozil (not sure which ones are 2 years away and which ones are a year away). 2 years from now, we may have a better D core then we have today. Kind of crazy to me.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Bad omen! Our insane win streak is over... The U18 lost to Swiss in shootouts and the U17 lost 5-2 to Finland. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Might be the greatest 48 hours of Czech hockey in 2 decades with our Spengler, U18, U17, U16 and U20 teams all winning at the same time. Also, I think those might not be under 16,17 and 18 teams but actualy 16, 17 and 18 teams.

• Haha
Reactions: GettingYourMoms

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
We are in good shape next year... Alscher and Hamara are back! Dvorak will be joining and, probably, Koci. Not a bad start at all for the older guys. While the younger guys will be some combo of Badinka, Galvas, Jiricek and Svozil (not sure which ones are 2 years away and which ones are a year away). 2 years from now, we may have a better D core then we have today. Kind of crazy to me.
I very much doubt Koci will be in the mix next year. Average at best player.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Same lineup as first 2 games but with Sapousek as a 13th forward.

It's funny because he was playing minimal minutes in Extraliga and that may actually be a great warmup to be a 13th forward here for the Czech team! Play 5 minutes and do NOT get scored on is pretty much the first half of his season. Hope he takes off in North America as he's staying here.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I thought we played real well.

Suchanek was great and no blame on him. He looks like a very good goalie here.
Jiricek with his most noticeable game and he looked awesome.
Guys like Marcel, Brabenec and Rysavy did a lot of good things too!
Sale made some great passes but wasn't that noticeable
Kulich had a bad night IMO... he did a great job getting us out of a PK but he had 2 noticeable fans and a third bobble on a PP that lost possession... gripping the stick? All his points are against Austria, I think?
D was good.. not their fault our forwards do stilly things

Taking penalties while celebrating a goal has to be the easiest fix for the coaches. It was a silly mistake that cost us all momentum.

Adversity is good... I never thought we were going undefeated. I don't buy the gold talk. I just want to win the quarters and these guys have a game good enough to win a quarter IMO. It'll be close, won't be easy.

Sweden is now on 21 years of beating us here.lol

Germany has won 3 in a row and hopefully we can get that monkey of our back and defeat them but it will be a tough match as they took Sweden to 1-0 and are patient and we struggle with patient teams.

Generally speaking, I'm really happy with how this tournament is going and, shockingly, we can still win the pool in a series of events:

Canada beats Sweden
We beat Germany (who can't move from 4th, they may not be that motivated tbh)

Not saying either will happen but it's not an outlandish scenario either.

Really enjoying this team and this tournament so far.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
1672349164324.png

I'm going to go the NYE here.lol

Germany is 4th no matter what.

Our max potential is 10 pts
Canada's max potential is 9 pts
Sweden's is 11 pts.. they are in the drivers seat.

Sweden beats Canada and we are 2nd
Canada beats Sweden and we are 3rd or 1st depending on Germany game

If we beat Germany, a Swede OT win would give them first and us second (same if Germany beats us and that happens)

Our only third place scenario, I think, is we lost clean to Germany and Canada beats Sweden in OT or regulation.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
View attachment 627815

I'm going to go the NYE here.lol

Germany is 4th no matter what.

Our max potential is 10 pts
Canada's max potential is 9 pts
Sweden's is 11 pts.. they are in the drivers seat.

Sweden beats Canada and we are 2nd
Canada beats Sweden and we are 3rd or 1st depending on Germany game

If we beat Germany, a Swede OT win would give them first and us second (same if Germany beats us and that happens)

Our only third place scenario, I think, is we lost clean to Germany and Canada beats Sweden in OT or regulation.
Good breakdown. The hand written parts gave me a good laugh. :)

So... Best case scenario, Canada can finish 2nd?

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
written parts
I am honestly not handicapped.. I type real well and have a good education.lol But my printing is worse than my 6 year old daughter already. True story. She just walked by and said 'Czechs had 2 and Sweden had 3'... burning her gifts.

Canada can win the pool... beat Sweden and cheer for Germany (who are on a 3 game win streak against us) to get us to OT.

I 'think' we play first so you'll know before your NYE game. Good luck!

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
I'll never forget that game. Worst game I've ever seen at this level. And hope I'll never see again!
Yeah, as far as the difference is concerned, yes. But from my point of view, maybe losing to Denmark is worse. Pastrnak was there, and Nico Ehlers actually beat them pretty much single-handedly. Or Latvia in August and lost 5-2.

Reactions: Swipes

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I am honestly not handicapped.. I type real well and have a good education.lol But my printing is worse than my 6 year old daughter already. True story. She just walked by and said 'Czechs had 2 and Sweden had 3'... burning her gifts.

Canada can win the pool... beat Sweden and cheer for Germany (who are on a 3 game win streak against us) to get us to OT.

I 'think' we play first so you'll know before your NYE game. Good luck!
Re : Writing

I didn't mean it in a bad way. It just caught me off guard and made me laugh. :)

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad