Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So we’re trading Toews because his contract is up next year. We’re doing the same to Mikko when his contract is up, and now we’re getting rid of Nuke because he did something which we don’t even know the whole story.

I mean why not just start a full rebuild right now? Imagine how many picks and prospects we can get for Toews, Mikko, Nuke, Makar and MacK
kXUFUA1.gif

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
what are the comps for Marchassault?
Strange case for sure. Deserves to be paid but it won't be in Vegas and I imagine he will be regressing very soon.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Brutal organization , if I was a free agent player , no amount of shiny Vegas bling lifestyle would be worth playing for ***hole ownership . They turn on you without a care it would seem . Say what you will about Sakic and management , they at least try to do right by the players . I can respect that
This is an adult game, played by adult rules.

Vegas is both open about it, and good at it.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I mean why not just start a full rebuild right now? Imagine how many picks and prospects we can get for Toews, Mikko, Nuke, Makar and MacK

In the language of Marc Bergevin, it wouldn’t be a rebuild, but a retool

Reactions: the_fan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

If your Slovak is rusty:

Tatar says he's working on a 1 year contract and smiled when asked if it was Pittsburgh.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Vegas' strategy of not giving a f*** about any of their players didn't burn them, because they were gifted a Cup contending team full of assets right out the gate, and won the Cup during the brief window they had.

If they didn't have such a competitive roster so early, their strategy would have looked awful.

If they didn't win, they'd be looking to do a reset and bring in new younger players, with the reputation of a team that will throw you overboard five seconds after you get on their boat, if they feel like it helps them get where they want to go.

Now they have the reputation of a Cup winner which will negate the problems with their approach. In true Vegas fashion they had to get lucky in multiple ways to win with their strategy.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Last thread was getting full. Continue all of the sky is falling discussion here.

Sky IS falling mate......on 31 other clubs as the puck drops this season, and our AVS fire up :hit:
We are going to come at this season with all our guns firing.

It's going to be as satisfying as givin the ol' missus a kiss on the cheek.

1692153175632.jpeg

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Perron aged very well and he's only 3 years older. Are you sure he's a good example?
I’m saying that’s the contract comparable. Not that it matters much but an early to mid 30s winger who is still productive. Good or bad is up to the individual to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad