Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
He's been linked to the Avs forever and now he's a pending UFA so yea, chances are he'll be here by the deadline.
Nah he'll get an ingrown toenail and won't be able to be traded at the deadline again. We all know it's against the law to make a trade before the deadline!

Reactions: Nihiliste

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Can we just go ahead and call the current second line "The Whipping Boy Line"?

It's not like they are getting caved (only Tatar is below 50% xGF), I think it's just that Bednar finally has a bottom six that he loves so the "second line" hasn't been getting a ton of ice lately.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Can we just go ahead and call the current second line "The Whipping Boy Line"?

It's not like they are getting caved (only Tatar is below 50% xGF), I think it's just that Bednar finally has a bottom six that he loves so the "second line" hasn't been getting a ton of ice lately.
Girard still sucks though

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Nick Schmaltz and Lawson Crouse for:

Sam Girard, Ryan Johansen, Oskar Olausson, and 2024 1st

AND

Tomas Tatar, and 2025 2nd for Adam Boqvist

Playoff roster

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Nichushkin- Schmaltz- Crouse
Lehkonen- Colton- Kovalenko
Wood- Cogliano- O'Connor
Olofsson - Kiviranta

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Johnson - Boqvist
MacDermid

Last edited:
Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Henrique and Schmaltz are not centers. They can spot duty there, but they'd get run over with any time at the position. Lindholm is a pipe dream and if he comes over is a pure rental (not that rentals should be excluded).

We are still a bit early to see which teams will really fall out of the playoff race. If Arizona and Anaheim are where they are today, they aren't selling. Both have plenty of young talent coming up where they don't need more random 3-4-5 year in the future guys, they need experience (and playoff revenue).

The only teams I think you can safely say are out are Columbus, Chicago, and San Jose. With a very hard lean toward yes on Montreal too. Montreal has Monahan that'd be imperfect. Columbus doesn't really have anyone for us at center, nor does Chicago. San Jose's guys are too expensive.

I really don't think the Avs will make a 2C move though. They'll probably try to inject a Lehky type next to RyJo hoping it works.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Unless we dump RyJo's salary in the trade, I think any decent 2C addition will push players into more manageable roles. Johansen is still scoring fine on the powerplay and effectively filling the intended Drouin/Tatar role.

With another center, RyJo would slide into that complimentary winger role full-time and fill out the lineup. It sucks that we're not going to see much in additions on top of that, but I think that would put us back to what the team originally envisioned as far as depth.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Montreal has Monahan that'd be imperfect
In all fairness he's been good in Montreal when healthy (and has played all the games this year so far). Much much better than Ryjo and also good on the dot.

LeBrun really thought we were getting him last year before the injury.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
In all fairness he's been good in Montreal when healthy (and has played all the games this year so far).

LeBrun really thought we were getting him last year before the injury.
It never lasts though... at some point he will be injured again. Monahan suffers from the same pace issues at RyJo too. He's not horrible, but he doesn't make the position a strength either.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Byram and cap dump Ryjo for Lindholm (50%). Lindholm signs an extension.

Maybe add a first rounder or two to bring back Z at 50% as a rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad