Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I agree with you there regarding their initial plans for Manson. I’m curious if they do an overhaul where they move out Manson and G this summer though.

Manson is going to be very difficult to move now, especially when all their assets and cap space should be going to find an actual second line center. Girard on the other hand should be fairly easy to flip for futures and losing his cap hit will pay for Toews' raise and a bottom pairing replacement.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I don’t know if Kane has a real desire to play here or if the Avs could pay him enough but it sure seems like he’d have a fantastic time playing on this team and as good a chance to win The Cup as any other team - probably a lot better chance with him aboard. That kid of thing just hasn’t happened for us since the Kariya/Selanne offseason.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think the Avs realize Logan O'Connor can't be playing full time as the 3RW. I also think they want to give Cogliano some nights off and incorporate Kiviranta into the 4th line a bit more throughout the season.

Though with Kovalenko coming over by season's end, I wonder if the Avs even bother making a worthwhile move.

Andrew Wiggin

Feb 8, 2020
They could easily move RyJo to the wing and play Lindholm at C
Or even Rantanen in the meantime.
Nichuskin - MacKinnon - Tatar
Druoin - Rantanen - Johansen

Try something to get more balance on the top two lines while keeping the bottom 6 consistent. Johansen would be much more effective in the avs system on the wing and can still take faceoffs. Lindholm would be ideal though.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Colton/drouin. Nate mikko
Colton/drouin RyJo Nuke
Tatar Laughton LOC
Kiviranta olofsson Wood

Laughton's cap hit would also be very manageable going forward also

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It'll just be so disappointing if the Avs spend meaningful assets on a forward that doesn't play Center.

We have decent winger depth and we potentially have two more wingers joining us by the playoffs in Landy and Kovalenko.

Unless the Avs know Landy won't be joining them in the playoffs and just haven't made that public yet, or the Lehkonen injury is more severe than we know of.

Or the scoring depth they're going after is super cheap to acquire asset wise.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It'll just be so disappointing if the Avs spend meaningful assets on a forward that doesn't play Center.

We have decent winger depth and we potentially have two more wingers joining us by the playoffs in Landy and Kovalenko.

Unless the Avs know Landy won't be joining them in the playoffs and just haven't made that public yet, or the Lehkonen injury is more severe than we know of.

Or the scoring depth they're going after is super cheap to acquire asset wise.
To be fair, RyJo's line is getting depth minutes at even strength. We might be gunning for Kane to pair with RyJo, that would technically be depth scoring at this point.

Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
To be fair, RyJo's line is getting depth minutes at even strength. We might be gunning for Kane to pair with RyJo, that would technically be depth scoring at this point.

Kane is like the one winger I'm "ok" with us going after right now, because he won't cost any assets and has the potential to add a significant scoring punch to the depth.

But otherwise we just shouldn't be spending assets or cap space quite frankly on wingers right now. A #4/5 RD and someone who can play Center would be way more important to me.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Move Colton to 2nd line wing, grab a Center from someone for the 3C spot. That 2nd line we ran tonight absolutely sucks and if Lehky is out long, long term we need someone who can play with energy on that 2nd line. Colton is our best bet at that.

Quite frankly after a loss like today I'd be looking at major roster reconstruction but it wont happen.

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Move Colton to 2nd line wing, grab a Center from someone for the 3C spot. That 2nd line we ran tonight absolutely sucks and if Lehky is out long, long term we need someone who can play with energy on that 2nd line. Colton is our best bet at that.

Quite frankly after a loss like today I'd be looking at major roster reconstruction but it wont happen.

Beg Vancouver to take MacK-Byram for EP47 and whatever the f*** they want to balance the cap. Add however many draft picks it takes to make it happen ala EA NHL.

• Haha
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
2nd line is a bargain bin special and we all know it's a pile of steaming shit.

I don't get what's the deal with the first line though. It's our legit 1st line and they should be carrying the team offensively.

Bottom 6 is solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA