Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
A 55 point player versus a 40 point player is a pretty substantial difference. That's literally 2C versus 3C numbers.

And, it wasn't just last year.... Hayes was the much better player in 2020 as well when RyJo had 22 points in 48 games.

Johansen has 149 points in 250 games over his last 4 years. While Hayes has 157 points in 253 games.

So Hayes has been the slightly better player over 4 years now, and quite frankly if it wasn't for RyJos one good year in 2021/22 it would be a much bigger gap.
Oh well, without going deeper in this conversation, I’ll just say it wouldn’t make much difference right now if Avs had Hayes instead of RyJo

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This I would agree with... Except RyJo has a proven history of stepping up once the playoffs begin. Which is a big reason why they opted for him over other cheap 2C alternatives.
I still have hopes RyJo will turn things around. Can’t give up on him after 16 games.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Me as well, although I don't think we see much improvement in the regular season. But I am still hopeful he turns it up a notch in the playoffs for us.
Yup. Maybe he scores 35 points in the season, then follows up by scoring like 10 points in 16 games in the playoffs and helps the Avs win the cup.

Bad math. More like he scores 15 points in 20 playoff games and helps the Avs win the cup.

Reactions: lionsDen

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
RyJo 2 years @ 4M per for no asset going the other way is exactly the kind of deal the Avs were looking for.

It’s not really for no asset. Cap space is very a valuable asset. With Ryjo, they have wasted 4 million in cap space for 2 years, which could have been allocated somewhere else. And now when they likely flame out in the playoffs with a useless #2C, again, they’ll have to spend even more assets to get rid of him next offseason.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Tatar and Drouin don't worry me at all. They are super easy to replace at the deadline or even internally.

Ryjo is the real issue...they aren't going to pay what it takes to replace him and he still has an extra year under contract.

Those who think we could replace RyJo with Lindholm at the deadline are dreaming.

Johansen is 10th in the league in faceoff % and is on pace for 31 goals. Plus we got him for free and he is on a cheap deal.

Is there one logical reason guys want to trade him other than it's what everyone in here is saying?

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Johansen is 10th in the league in faceoff % and is on pace for 31 goals. Plus we got him for free and he is on a cheap deal.

Is there one logical reason guys want to trade him other than it's what everyone in here is saying?
He can be frustrating at times but he’s fine. He’s also playing with drouin and Tatar. He’s fine. Kadtinalso didn’t have a great year he came in… was year 2

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
A 55 point player versus a 40 point player is a pretty substantial difference. That's literally 2C versus 3C numbers.

And, it wasn't just last year.... Hayes was the much better player in 2020 as well when RyJo had 22 points in 48 games.

Johansen has 149 points in 250 games over his last 4 years. While Hayes has 157 points in 253 games.

So Hayes has been the slightly better player over 4 years now, and quite frankly if it wasn't for RyJos one good year in 2021/22 it would be a much bigger gap.

Who cares? Hayes isn't on this team.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
After last year's deadline I can't talk myself into thinking the Avs will ever get aggressive after a 2C. Especially watching them keep the draft picks and draft Richie. He's clearly the plan and RyJo will be the place holder. Just gotta hope he turns it on come playoff time or the surrounding pieces are good enough to overcome it.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site

Just casually forgot to mention that he’s pacing for 35 pts for the year as well..as a #2C getting prime PP minutes.

He has one point 5v5.

Bednar thinks so highly of him that he played the least amount of minutes on the team 5v5 last game, against our main divisional rival. And the team was much better after his ass was stapled to the bench.

He is f***ing awful. No team can seriously think of themselves as contender if they have his lazy ass pencilled into the #2C position. That’s why he should be traded.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Random thought, y’all remember those rumors of the Jets and Avs discussing a Byram and Kyle Connor swap. Wonder what a Connor-MacKinnon-Rantanen line would’ve looked like
Connor would be amazing on this team... But we cant spend $7M on another winger. If we're spending $7M on a forward it's gotta be someone who can play Center.

Pionk I think is actually the guy in Winnipeg I'd like to get. $5.875M for this year and next year. Right Shot D that plays physical but is a decent puck moving type as well. Feel like he would be an excellent D partner for either of Byram or Girard.

Wonder if the Jets would be at all interested in a Girard/Pionk swap.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
If Duchene didn't have such a big fallout with us, have to think he was offered as well instead of Ryjo when Cmac asked.

Although more talented, gotta think with the current leadership on the team, it would've been an added risk.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
If Duchene didn't have such a big fallout with us, have to think he was offered as well instead of Ryjo when Cmac asked.

Although more talented, gotta think with the current leadership on the team, it would've been an added risk.
Dutchy also doesn't play center anymore.

Reactions: The Pwnerer

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I kind of feel like Bo would do better with a low event d partner, just someone that can consistently play good defensively and get him the puck.

I don't disagree but Manson was 100% brought in and extended to be in the top four behind Makar on the right. And I'm not convinced they've given up on that idea. Girard will eventually be traded, probably this summer, and they'll go back to Manson on that pairing - for better or worse.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I don't disagree but Manson was 100% brought in and extended to be in the top four behind Makar on the right. And I'm not convinced they've given up on that idea. Girard will eventually be traded, probably this summer, and they'll go back to Manson on that pairing - for better or worse.

I agree with you there regarding their initial plans for Manson. I’m curious if they do an overhaul where they move out Manson and G this summer though.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2