Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Do you think we would still be having this argument if we had this team group playing every single game from the start of the season:

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Nichushkin
Lehkonen- Who cares- Rantanen
Drouin- Johansen- Cogliano
Wood- Colton- O'Connor

Toews - Makar
Girard- Manson
Byram - Johnson
That lineup would be impossible to have as we would have been way over the cap since landys cap hit was used to sign Colton and wood.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Take guys like Landeskog, Nichushkin and Lehkonen off any team and their depth will suffer.

Guys were complaining last year that we didn't replace Landy but it's easier said than done replacing a guy like him.

As for our team defensive game, when you lose 3 elite defensive forwards for most of the year your D game will suffer. That's the way it is.

The fact is guys like Kiviranta and MacDermid have to play because Lehkonen and Nichushkin have been out and we cannot just replace a guy like Landeskog overnight.

Do you think we would still be having this argument if we had this team group playing every single game from the start of the season:

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Nichushkin
Lehkonen- Who cares- Rantanen
Drouin- Johansen- Cogliano
Wood- Colton- O'Connor

Toews - Makar
Girard- Manson
Byram - Johnson
For starters, that's quite literally impossible.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Does anyone still think that Ismo lied?

EUPdXJ3.png

I like the part where he explains why Mikko couldn't train during the summer, by saying, "He had to visit Helsinki and everything like that..."

Reactions: UncleRisto

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Interesting, I didn't look at those comments to closely. I wonder if he had some health issues that took him out of training.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think Jake Evans would be an upgrade, though might not be available.

Not worth the cost IMO as I don't think he's a huge upgrade.

Dowd is appealing because he'd legitimately be one of the best 4Cs in the league and he's also perfectly capable of playing 3C if we needed as well.

50% retention knocking him down to just $650k would be prettt significant for a team with cap concerns like us as well. That's one fairly important roster spot filled for literally less than a league minimum contract.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Not worth the cost IMO as I don't think he's a huge upgrade.

Dowd is appealing because he'd legitimately be one of the best 4Cs in the league and he's also perfectly capable of playing 3C if we needed as well.

50% retention knocking him down to just $650k would be prettt significant for a team with cap concerns like us as well. That's one fairly important roster spot filled for literally less than a league minimum contract.
Evans averages 3:09 sh TOI/g, 52% FO, 15:46 TOI/g

I know it's mostly stat reading but that looks like and upgrade, and he's right handed.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I like the part where he explains why Mikko couldn't train during the summer, by saying, "He had to visit Helsinki and everything like that..."
He speaks in a way that takes a bit of nuance to translate. He just means Mikko bounced around in kids camps and doing a little bit of this and that around Finland.

Reactions: niwotsblessing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille