Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Can we add olofsson+Dermy to the RyJo+1st package as well?
Olofsson was fine in the beginning of the year. I think most of his issues stem from his wingers. Cogs has been looking bad and Kivi skates hard, but doesn't really do anything. When Nuke comes back, that should help the 4th line by pushing a guy down. I'm not opposed to an upgrade, but we need to fix the gigantic 2C problem first and foremost. Fix 2C, then Backup goalie, fallowed by 3rd RHD, then upgrade the 4C.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
If the Avs trade enough assets for 4Cs they’ll solve their 2C issue since one of them will have to play there! Pure genius!
The 4C issue is real though just not our most pressing need.

I really liked our 4th line of Cogliano-Olofsson-Kiviranta to start the season... it actually felt like we had a real 4th line for the first time in a long time.

Sadly, for the past 2 months Olofsson & Kiviranta are playing like they are on 5 year deals out there and while they are working hard, the results aren't great. Neither of these guys are particularly hard to play against.

Olofsson sucks on faceoffs and I don't think he's one of our best PKers. He's got 0 goals and 1 assist in his last 20 games...even for a 4th liner, that's pretty shitty.

For Kiviranta, he's not doing a hell of a lot out there either. He's just out there skating...not really physical...not really doing much of anything. He's got 0 goals and 2 assists in his last 26 games.

They are both right at the top of the Marc-Andre Cliche Scale of Uselessness ™ !!!

The Avs should have no concerns waiving either of these guys, they'll easily clear. Ideally they should be injury call-ups but they just aren't NHL quality players. If you're not going to produce, you gotta be strong on faceoffs or make your presence felt physically or be a great PKer or something.

It's a good thing we signed Parise. At least he's out there forechecking his ass off and has a scoring touch.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
It's almost a catch 22, we need to fix the 2C problem, but we've also got have room to fix the problem first. Almost have to have simultaneous trades happen

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The 4C issue is real though just not our most pressing need.

I really liked our 4th line of Cogliano-Olofsson-Kiviranta to start the season... it actually felt like we had a real 4th line for the first time in a long time.

Sadly, for the past 2 months Olofsson & Kiviranta are playing like they are on 5 year deals out there and while they are working hard, the results aren't great. Neither of these guys are particularly hard to play against.

Olofsson sucks on faceoffs and I don't think he's one of our best PKers. He's got 0 goals and 1 assist in his last 20 games...even for a 4th liner, that's pretty shitty.

For Kiviranta, he's not doing a hell of a lot out there either. He's just out there skating...not really physical...not really doing much of anything. He's got 0 goals and 2 assists in his last 26 games.

They are both right at the top of the Marc-Andre Cliche Scale of Uselessness ™ !!!

The Avs should have no concerns waiving either of these guys, they'll easily clear. Ideally they should be injury call-ups but they just aren't NHL quality players. If you're not going to produce, you gotta be strong on faceoffs or make your presence felt physically or be a great PKer or something.

It's a good thing we signed Parise. At least he's out there forechecking his ass off and has a scoring touch.
In Olofsson's defense, his game started to fall off a cliff once he got saddled with MacDermid. He's played 111 minutes with MacDermid on the season now. Nobody looks good playing with MacDermid.

You can always use an upgrade, but those calling for the Avs to trade a 1st round pick for Nic Dowd are out to lunch. You don't give up 1st round picks for 4th line centers lol.

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
In Olofsson's defense, his game started to fall off a cliff once he got saddled with MacDermid. He's played 111 minutes with MacDermid on the season now. Nobody looks good playing with MacDermid.

You can always use an upgrade, but those calling for the Avs to trade a 1st round pick for Nic Dowd are out to lunch. You don't give up 1st round picks for 4th line centers lol.
yeah tell about bad asset management lol

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
So Evans scored tonight
And roslovic
And Jenner
And greig
Dowd had an apple
Mittelstadt had an apple
Pinto had an apple

And just to be ridiculous McDavid had 6 assists

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So Evans scored tonight
And roslovic
And Jenner
And greig
Dowd had an apple
Mittelstadt had an apple
Pinto had an apple

And just to be ridiculous McDavid had 6 assists

So what you're really saying is, Mittelstadt could only muster 1 assist on 7 Buffalo goals, while RyJo got the same 1 assist on only 6 Colorado goals???

Someone tell me why we're considering trading for this clown and why we're getting rid of RyJo? Dudes playing to a PPG pace over his last 1 game.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
So what you're really saying is, Mittelstadt could only muster 1 assist on 7 Buffalo goals, while RyJo got the same 1 assist on only 6 Colorado goals???

Someone tell me why we're considering trading for this clown and why we're getting rid of RyJo? Dudes playing to a PPG pace over his last 1 game.
The Mittelstadt line played great tonight. Pressure forecheck and led the way for the Sabres. Mitts isn't lighting the lamp like he was earlier but for most of Jan and Dec he was the Sabres best center.

The score sheet is a limited indicator of quality of play. He didn't have to carry the scoring tonight and frankly, he's no clown.

Don't worry about him coming here tho..... Learned today he's 2 years away from UFA so I expect he'll be extended or bridged this summer.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

I don't really care who's he's playing with but since the season began, he's been 'mostly' with Cogliano and Kiviranta but that's neither here nor there. I don't really care too much about the production but what I do care about are faceoffs and/or physical play and/or being hard to play against and/or good defensive play/strong on the PK. He's been below average in ALL of those categories. Playing with MacDermid shouldn't affect all of that.

That's what the caps are asking for but they're not going to get that even for a 50% retained Dowd.

The typical price we've seen for 4th line players are 3rd/4th round picks at best. Unless he's coming with another asset or a cap dump is also coming their way, I can't see them doing better than a 2nd but then again, some GMs aren't very smart.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
593 days w/o a 2C
Every day I see this posted I'm reminded of a blog back in the early 00's named something like the Real Diaries of Aragorn.

Every day's entry was stuff like,
Day 34:
Frodo went to Mordor. Said he was going alone, but took Sam with him. Why?
My God, is everyone in this movie gay but me?
Not so sure about me either.
Still not King, goddammit.

I feel like CMac has a very similar diary with each entry ending in still no 2C.

• Haha
Reactions: Bensch88

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dowd is another Eller/Carl type of move. Don't even bother if that's your so called solution. Ride with what you have and take your well deserved playoff exit.

Reactions: Bowe Byrum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad