Speculation: 2023-24 Sharks Roster Discussion

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
True, but it is surprising he has aged as well as he has. That was a lot of the risk in CAR making that deal given his contract runs to age 40.
Even though I get what you mean, I feel like the work ethic of Brent Burns showed signs of him being able to contribute for the whole contract even though it wasn't right for the Sharks timeline.
It's the whole Marleau/Thornton/Pavelski being a role model for Burns, we were lucky to have such a players with really long and productive careers.

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
Anyone else notice the recent influx of Montreal fans trying to pawn off their lesser pieces for our most valuable picks and prospects?

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Even though I get what you mean, I feel like the work ethic of Brent Burns showed signs of him being able to contribute for the whole contract even though it wasn't right for the Sharks timeline.
It's the whole Marleau/Thornton/Pavelski being a role model for Burns, we were lucky to have such a players with really long and productive careers.
I get what you are saying, but having good role models doesn't change biology, Very, very few in the NHL play to the age Burns currently is. As of now he will be the 6th oldest player in the NHL when next season starts (99ths percentile).

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Anyone else notice the recent influx of Montreal fans trying to pawn off their lesser pieces for our most valuable picks and prospects?

My fave is the Will Smith for 5th overall. “Hey, check it out we can trade our brand new 4th overall Will Smith for a 5th overall, and pick a player that if all goes well could be as good as… IDK… a Will Smith type! Sounds great! Sign me up.”

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

One rarely gets a chance to see such inculcated insipidity.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
What would be your asking price for Granlund from Utah? You don't have any retention spots left, so there would be limited teams after him and that would show up in price.

Or will he be a pure deadline rental move?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
What would be your asking price for Granlund from Utah? You don't have any retention spots left, so there would be limited teams after him and that would show up in price.

Yeah, he won't be moved until the deadline. Pending Smith and, possibly Celebrini, signing he is our only center with any sort of offensive ability, assuming Couture is done. The team can't function right now without him, and even if those two sign, Grier wont want to go into the season with Smith and Celebrini locked into top 6C roles for the whole season.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood

If he keeps up this year's level next year too, he's definitely worth a late 1st at least. But he's proven to be useful and valuable to this Sharks team, both on the score sheet and as a leader. Not sure if he wants to spend the tail end of his career with the Sharks, but I wouldn't be too mad if he was kept around.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013

Most of those posting are probably around 12 years old. It's just fun to speculate.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

2nd round pick. If no one meets that price, we’re more than happy to keep him, he’s been excellent and a good mentor to our kids.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

If it was up to me, you’d have to overpay with a 1st. He’s beloved by the coach, by his teammates, by the fans. He’s been an amazing teacher and vet and we don’t have a ton of those. I’d rather keep him but if someone is willing to give a first, I’d reluctantly give him up. I think he’s worth more to us than other teams though.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Couture thinks he’ll be back next year at full health. It would certainly be nice to have him back.
Having Couture healthy would be so, so good especially if Smith ends up signing this summer. Couture could play LW on Smith’s line, take the left side faceoffs for him, and support him defensively when necessary. Plus, he’s smart and skilled enough to work with Smith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad