Speculation: 2023-24 Sharks Roster Discussion

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
30-seconds predictions:
- Couture or Hertl misses major time with an injury
- Eklund gets 45 points, close to 20g
- Bordeleau gets some PP2 time and puts up reasonable numbers, but the rest of his game can't keep up
- By year end, Thrun and Muk are clearly our best D
- Barabanov nets the highest return at the deadline. Hoffman doesn't get traded due to lack of interest
- Sharks finish last by 7 points but get #2 in the lottery with Anaheim winning

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
30-seconds predictions:
- Bordeleau gets some PP2 time and puts up reasonable numbers, but the rest of his game can't keep up
- Barabanov nets the highest return at the deadline. Hoffman doesn't get traded due to lack of interest
I don’t get predicting injuries..

Reactions: Sandisfan and Groo

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
There's a difference between predicting injuries and wishing for one if that is what you are getting at. Predicting is not malicious. Both players have a history of missing games and they are arguably key factors in how successful of a season the Sharks will have.

• Wow
Reactions: Groo

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
There's a difference between predicting injuries and wishing for one if that is what you are getting at. Predicting is not malicious. Both players have a history of missing games and they are arguably key factors in how successful of a season the Sharks will have.

Yea nothing more than throwing shit at the wall here to generate some conversation

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
As much as we are probably going to lose this year, there is a lot to look forward to.

Young guns: Eklund, Thrun, Bordeleau... maybe we even see Mukhamadullin and Gushchin get their couple of NHL games
New guys: Duclair, Granlund, Rutta, Hoffman, Burroughs, they have a lot to prove and they'll sure as h*ll look nice in teal.
Young guys with some experience: Zadina and Peterson, I'm so excited to see if Zadina can go to the next level. Peterson, I'm excited if he can repeat his end of the year point pace with a full season.
I could see a Barabanov like point pace for Peterson if he can keep it going.
Goalies: Blackwood, the stage is yours. If he can prove to be at least average I'm happy.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
30-seconds predictions:
I agree with all of this except Muk will be the sharks best AHL defenseman 😂

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
30-seconds predictions:
Hoffman's lack of interest or the rest of the league? Both? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Sandisfan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
My predication is we end up with 2 top 10 picks at which we take Celebrini and Jiricek.

Seriously though, I think we will see some young guys start really breaking in this year. Eklund, Thrun, Shakir, Bordeleau all NHL regulars by the end of the year.

Reactions: Cookersjs

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
80% of posters here were predicting injuries for EK last preseason. It is a part of the sport.
That’s all we came to expect from Ek though…Cooch and Hertl have both had and maintained careers of overall health and contributed a lot more than EK ever really did til this past season. Just kind of an odd thing to predict about those two players in particular, but hey, it is what it is.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
My predication is we end up with 2 top 10 picks at which we take Celebrini and Jiricek.

Seriously though, I think we will see some young guys start really breaking in this year. Eklund, Thrun, Shakir, Bordeleau all NHL regulars by the end of the year.
Where are we getting the 2nd top 10 pick from?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
PIT 1st and NJD 1st when they make the finals
Still does not really answer the top 10 part though, obviously our own pick will be top 5, but neither the penguins or Devils pick can be top 10.

And i am not a fan of the option above of trading up into the top 10 if it means losing more draft picks.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Still does not really answer the top 10 part though, obviously our own pick will be top 5, but neither the penguins or Devils pick can be top 10.

And i am not a fan of the option above of trading up into the top 10 if it means losing more draft picks.
Trading up clearly.

Sharks have too many prospects as is. Whatever they’d get with NJD 1st they can pick up in FA.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
That’s all we came to expect from Ek though…Cooch and Hertl have both had and maintained careers of overall health and contributed a lot more than EK ever really did til this past season. Just kind of an odd thing to predict about those two players in particular, but hey, it is what it is.
You're looking way too far into this :laugh:

But since you're curious, I was thinking that having those two on the roster will be good for the young guys. Both are leaders, responsible players, and have good poise and competitive drive.

So, what's the most Shorks thing that can happen? One gets hurt and misses significant time.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
You're looking way too far into this :laugh:

But since you're curious, I was thinking that having those two on the roster will be good for the young guys. Both are leaders, responsible players, and have good poise and competitive drive.

So, what's the most Shorks thing that can happen? One gets hurt and misses significant time.
Most Sharks thing that could happen is both Cooch and Hertl each tally 100 pts on the season. We miss the playoffs and finish with the 8th OA pick. I do get where you’re comin from. I’m also a die hard optimist and superstitious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad