Guys who elevate their game

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Not surprised one bit. Habs fan hate on the guy but they will admit he was a good playoffs performer. He always played better in the playoffs than during the regular season.
Game 6 OT winner vs Toronto comes to mind.
Yep, his last 2 seasons in Mt- the 2 years they made the playoffs/ playins or what ever we want to call it. 92 reg season games and 11 G. 29 playoff games and 9G

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
You think points are the only thing that matters in the playoffs?
If he had tons of assists and no goals Hans fans would point out his lack of goals. If he was scoring but not hitting they would point that out. The only a Habs fan will let this go is if either he becomes a HoFer or he retires.

They are so butt hurt about the whole deal they fail to realize he plays an important role on one of the best teams in the league. As a Canes fan I have zero problem saying he hasn't lived up to his contract yet but 2 things one he is young and they can buy it out pretty cheep for the next few years and 2 half way through his contract the way the cap is going g it will be a pretty good deal for the Canes even at his current pace.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
as much as it pains me to say, Draisaitl is the most noticeable to me. dude is a f***ing beast in the playoffs and i hate it

Ya, his game feels made for playoffs, in ways I can’t really explain, but he’s just consistently scary out there.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Drai is the best ALL TIME in playoffs when considering complete 2 way game. And it’s not even close. And this isn’t hyperbole. And you will find out soon, cause I know you don’t know now. Stat watching his dominant offence isn’t enough. There’s no one that beasts defensively like Drai in todays game.

• Wow
Reactions: sanscosm

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Doug Gilmour
He was amazing.

Others from the past who were terrific :

Claude Lemieux
Justin Williams

Rocket Richard is insanely good. His points are about the same but he scores goals at a higher rate postseason than in the regular season. Still in the top ten for playoff game winners with not many games (only Bossy is close on GWG rates) and is STILL 2nd all time on OT game winners - Sakic passed him in the 200s with many more games. He was an absolute monster in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Drai is the best ALL TIME in playoffs when considering complete 2 way game. And it’s not even close. And this isn’t hyperbole. And you will find out soon, cause I know you don’t know now. Stat watching his dominant offence isn’t enough. There’s no one that beasts defensively like Drai in todays game.
Peter Forsberg

Reactions: Sweetnut

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
I'm wondering whether there are specific types of players who thrive in the postseason.

- either someone who is emotionally unstable for most of the year anyway, so they are thriving in the emotional atmosphere of the POs (the various Marchands and Tkachuks)
- or someone who is, on the contrary, very cool and calm, and slows the game down even in heated moments (David Krejci, who led the PO scoring twice, is the most obvious example)

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Kotkaniemi, and I'm not even joking. Regular season, he was a healthy scratch passenger. But this year and last year in the playoffs, he's been one of our more consistent performers. Hits heavy, gets involved in the forecheck and backcheck, get himself into some greasy areas to get surprising shots on net. Pretty much the exact kind of glue guy you want in the playoffs.

Indeed, he was good with us, when we made the playoffs during COVID.

Brett Kulak hits another gear come playoff time.

EDIT - ^^^^ Beat me to it K1984 ^^^^

So far, we have KK, Kulak and Lehky... That's the Habs touch. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3