GDT: 2023-24 season game 47 LA Kings vs St. Louis Blues @11:00am 1/28/24

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I’ve come around on him too but when you’re constantly bright siding everything in lock step with state media, you’re gonna get hammered.
I don't think he's bright-siding everything, and listening to him right now, he agrees with a lot of the stuff we're saying. He might not say it as snarky as we do because he is employed by the team, but he's not spinning everything into a positive.

Reactions: LAKings88

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
It’s easy for decent teams to win games in a new season. For the same reason it’s easy for decent prospects to put up points in a lost season.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
I don't think he's bright-siding everything, and listening to him right now, he agrees with a lot of the stuff we're saying. He might not say it as snarky as we do because he is employed by the team, but he's not spinning everything into a positive.
I’m not listening at the moment. I meant it in the general sense.

Reactions: kilowatt

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Some of you are weirdly obsessed with Carryln and her hair. The fact that it really upsets some of you so much is like I said… weird.
I can give two craps about what she looks like, it’s the crap that’s coming out of her mouth that is pissing me off.

I would love for Cheryl Pounder to be the one analyzing the game and giving us some feedback.

The fact that I think Dustin Penner could do a better job makes me think that she’s not what is needed.

Reactions: ibleedkings

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I’ve come around on him too but when you’re constantly bright siding everything in lock step with state media, you’re gonna get hammered.
I don’t mind it because when I’m in a mood like this, I need somebody looking at the bright side to get me out of it. Plus he’s genuine, he’s a king fan, and suffering, like the rest of us

Reactions: crassbonanza

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Blake should not be allowed to hire the next coach.

Robitaille should not be allowed to hire the next GM.

Cheeseman should not be allowed to hire the next President.

053008d7477abba9973d77a995ccb59d.png

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Some of you are weirdly obsessed with Carryln and her hair. The fact that it really upsets some of you so much is like I said… weird.
I dig her hair.

But she just doesn't bring anything to the broadcasts that appeals to my particular viewership needs. That's why her "cook" tweet was so appalling to me. It was someone who is entirely disposable as a viewer telling me, a lifer fan, that what I KNOW about this team isn't as important as pretending to be positive. She crossed a line there and was factually incorrect while doing so.

I don't watch the pregame, i do something else between periods and I skip the postgames because the tone of those portions of the broadcast are too far from the realities I see as a fan. And that isn't to say that I want confrontation or talking heads choosing to single out or blame players. There is just too much sugar added to the mix for me to get attached.

Turcotte and Kaliyev combined to play approximately the same minutes that JAD got today. (16:25 to 15:41)
JAD was one of the best Kings tonight, he isn't the one I would use as a measuring stick.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
The season is over for the Kings. Todd admitted he doesn't have a clue on what to do to get the team back on track and Blake has givin Todd the vote of confidence that he will finish the season coaching the Kings. It is season over.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Missed the game but it looks like the same old shit. How did Turcotte do? I’m assuming he had what like 8 mins TOI? How did he do in those?

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
IMO we’re in a waiting game with whoever is in charge ate AEG until they clearly understand they aren’t making their financial objectives. Then they will force Blake to fire Todd.

Or his replacement will do that.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad