GDT: 2023-24 season game 47 LA Kings vs St. Louis Blues @11:00am 1/28/24

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Shellz doesn’t like them double standards when she openly thirsts about the Kings but god forbid someone says Carrlyn has bad hair lol
Carrlyn is an easy target.. if her commentary was better probably wouldnt even notice her lousy haircut.. were all just annoyed at the entire product.. except the only good thing which was subtract Faust add Nick Milhaus Nickson

Reactions: funky

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Was that take as awful when I said it earlier in the season as it is today?

If so... shame on me.
Personally I think some of us just take Mayor with some animosity because of his tone towards fans sometimes.

I think the big issue is they’re dog shit in OT and I missed the game but I’m sure they started with the usual suspects again.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Personally I think some of us just take Mayor with some animosity because of his tone towards fans sometimes.

I think the big issue is they’re dog shit in OT and I missed the game but I’m sure they started with the usual suspects again.
I absolutely made a similar point much much earlier in the season and while it was misrepresented and blown way out of proportion for the sake of making silly arguments I understand that it's a preposterous statement in the best of times.

It's completely useless today.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Was that take as awful when I said it earlier in the season as it is today?

If so... shame on me.

“If the team won more they would be better” is always banal sports analysis, but it’s much worse now on the heels of a historic skid.

I understand the intent of pointing this out is to further contextualize parity. But parity applies to everyone. The best teams find a way. The pretenders don’t.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think the context is what’s the kicker

Like it’s one thing to “lose the coin toss” so to speak

But when you keep blowing two goal leads to get there, that hurts; and then when it’s time for the coin toss and you purposefully hurt your own odds it’s not much of a coin toss.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
but it’s much worse now on the heels of a historic skid.

I think the context is what’s the kicker

I agree.

As I said on the postgame show (but won't get credit for from some of you for saying) this team needs to learn how to win a game IN REGULATION when they score three goals.

I've repeated it and repeated it on the platforms I have access to... the record in games where they score 4 or more goals is 18-0-1 (or close to it)

When they score 3 goals in regulation they're 1-3-5

You have to find a way to win in regulation when you score 3 goals. Never mind fixing the shootout or OT. Don't let it get there.

Todd McLellan has been saying it for two or three years now... you're not going to win every game by scoring 5 goals.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I agree.

As I said on the postgame show (but won't get credit for from some of you for saying) this team needs to learn how to win a game IN REGULATION when they score three goals.

I've repeated it and repeated it on the platforms I have access to... the record in games where they score 4 or more goals is 18-0-1 (or close to it)

When they score 3 goals in regulation they're 1-3-5

You have to find a way to win in regulation when you score 3 goals. Never mind fixing the shootout or OT. Don't let it get there.

Todd McLellan has been saying it for two or three years now... you're not going to win every game by scoring 5 goals.
As the best coach in the history of the Kings used to say: "It's a 3-2 league."

His teams played like he meant it.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
As the best coach in the history of the Kings used to say: "It's a 3-2 league."

His teams played like he meant it.
Yet another thing I said on the postgame show.

"We" throw that pharse around like a joke now but it was true then and it's true now.

You have to be able to win games 3-2.

Reactions: Trash Panda

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
After sooo many OT losses, you'd think maybe once TM would get the picture and do something different than just 9-11-8. It's comical at this point. Like there is literally NOTHING worse that could happen. They loss anyway. What's a worse outcome than the inevitable losing.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
After sooo many OT losses, you'd think maybe once TM would get the picture and do something different than just 9-11-8. It's comical at this point. Like there is literally NOTHING worse that could happen. They loss anyway. What's a worse outcome than the inevitable losing.
Can u imagine Koala investing in the stock market? he probably kept buying Enron after it was delisted

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Which team was it that ice'd 3 forwards in OT against us? Pretty sure we lost that one too.

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
Every team is going to play a lot of OT games in any season. All of those winner points matter, HUGE. It is up to the coach to do their main job no matter what--put the team in its best position to win every game. The decisions by Todd of who to play in OT leave me screaming at the tv every game, almost every shift.
OT is clearly a game of speed and skill (plus game sense). I so wish that obvious fact dictated Todd's choices. QB should have opened OT at least two years ago--best combination of speed and skill on the team.
This year I would have paired QB off the bat with 9 or 22, and opened with Spence or Clarke at D. Byfield--Kempe or Fiala--Clarke or Spence would certainly be formidable and scary to play against. Turcotte would have been excellent to open on OT tonight--he fulfills the speed/skill/brains requirement, is fresh overall and would have been a great message to send that we are trying something fresh that makes sense. Turcotte--Kempe--Spence to open.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Came to actually share this so thank you haha

Just an absolutely wild stat for a team with aspirations

Sure you're not going to close out every game you score 3 goals in, but 1-8 when you score 3 goals in regulation is just weakness.

Yes, there is the odd game you will need to score 4 or 5 goals in--but rarely do playoff teams, especially in deep rounds, just overpower a team with offense. It's being able to lock horns for an entire game, shut it down with a lead, and maybe even win a 2-1 game, never mind a 3-2 game. This team is wholly unable to do that.

It's nice to be able to open up the offense when needed, but the 'when needed' has disappeared as the season's gone along, as experienced checking teams gain steam, as games gain important; and there's no point in being able to open up the offense when it comes at the expense of the other end in turn. It's the Kevin Fiala/Erik Karlsson conundrum.

Reactions: Bone Density

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1