GDT: 2023-24 season game 47 LA Kings vs St. Louis Blues @11:00am 1/28/24

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
It did.
Personally I think some of us just take Mayor with some animosity because of his tone towards fans sometimes.

I think the big issue is they’re dog shit in OT and I missed the game but I’m sure they started with the usual suspects again.
Kopi won the draw. Drew loaded back to the puck and lost possession. Lucky enough it took a few more shifts to lose the game.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If this was a Canadian market Todd would have been killed by now, not just fired. Kings don’t even fire this dude lmao

Reactions: Jungle Boy

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
As we rapidly return to the laughing stock of a joke franchise that good players thought of as siberia and the rest ofthe nhl thought of as something less than incompetent.
Sad to see the respectability we had and were building evaporate with bluc and todd in control

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Came to actually share this so thank you haha

Just an absolutely wild stat for a team with aspirations

Sure you're not going to close out every game you score 3 goals in, but 1-8 when you score 3 goals in regulation is just weakness.

Yes, there is the odd game you will need to score 4 or 5 goals in--but rarely do playoff teams, especially in deep rounds, just overpower a team with offense. It's being able to lock horns for an entire game, shut it down with a lead, and maybe even win a 2-1 game, never mind a 3-2 game. This team is wholly unable to do that.

It's nice to be able to open up the offense when needed, but the 'when needed' has disappeared as the season's gone along, as experienced checking teams gain steam, as games gain important; and there's no point in being able to open up the offense when it comes at the expense of the other end in turn. It's the Kevin Fiala/Erik Karlsson conundrum.
In the interest of accuractyI think I got one game wrong.

They scored three goals in regulation on December 5th against the Blue Jackets and won that game in OT.

So give them another win.

2-3-5 when scoring 3 goals during regulation.

Reactions: Gjwrams

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm so confused what ownership and management are doing? The message has been lost between TMac and the Players. In most cases, the coach is fired first when the team has only won 5(2 against the Sharks) times in a 24 games stretch! They didn't even try to make a trade to shake up the team a bit(I would have in either bringing in a 3rd/4th liner that can play physical(of course that contradicts TMac's soft coaching style, or I would have acquired a new goalie). The team is an embarrassment at home being 8-9-6. The fans should stop wasting their money and not show up to send a message to Ownership/Management that the Home Product Entertainment is bad! Something needs to change, to finish this season off and help with next season as well.

Reactions: Jungle Boy

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I'm so confused what ownership and management are doing? The message has been lost between TMac and the Players. In most cases, the coach is fired first when the team has only won 5(2 against the Sharks) times in a 24 games stretch! They didn't even try to make a trade to shake up the team a bit(I would have in either bringing in a 3rd/4th liner that can play physical(of course that contradicts TMac's soft coaching style, or I would have acquired a new goalie). The team is an embarrassment at home being 8-9-6. The fans should stop wasting their money and not show up to send a message to Ownership/Management that the Home Product Entertainment is bad! Something needs to change, to finish this season off and help with next season as well.
yeah i mean if i had actual money invested in this team like season tickets or something, i would actually be really mad right now

that midseason availability, blake just completely gave todd a vote of confidence so ain't shit happening unless it comes from luc or above. maybe luc stabs blake in the back to save himself but i don't know that there's any pressure at all with blake talking the way he does

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 7.35.17 PM.png

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Funny how the Wild's top D pair is Middleton and Faber.

Boy, that would be a great third pair here...asking for a friend...
I'm often curious what this lineup would look like with Vilardi/Iafallo/Faber/Durzi as opposed to Fiala/Dubois. We definitely would have had a logjam of RHD, but if Blake was smart he could trade them for high draft picks or other areas of need.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Funny how the Wild's top D pair is Middleton and Faber.

Boy, that would be a great third pair here...asking for a friend...

Now you guys are doing it with him? This is the same guy who was with the sharks org for 10 years and played a grand total of 58 nhl games? Now it's like, damn we should've never given up on a 7th round pick in 2014. Although his -8 would fit right in on the left side here. #smfh

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'm often curious what this lineup would look like with Vilardi/Iafallo/Faber/Durzi as opposed to Fiala/Dubois. We definitely would have had a logjam of RHD, but if Blake was smart he could trade them for high draft picks or other areas of need.

You mean like a scoring winger for a team in need of scoring?

Reactions: Fat Elvis

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
1 shot, a -1, and a weak slashing penalty in 13:21
Sounds like your standard PLD nothing burger.

He's still "leading" the team in plus/minus:

Pierre-Luc Dubois
-16​
Kevin Fiala
-7​
Alex Laferriere
-6​
Brandt Clarke
-5​
Andreas Englund
-5​
Carl Grundstrom
-3​
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
-2​
Jacob Moverare
-1​
Samuel Fagemo
-1​
David Rittich
0​
Pheonix Copley
0​
Tobias Bjornfot
0​
Alex Turcotte
0​
Cameron Talbot
0​
Trevor Lewis
0​
Vladislav Gavrikov
1​
Arthur Kaliyev
1​
Phillip Danault
2​
Trevor Moore
3​
Blake Lizotte
4​
Matt Roy
5​
Jordan Spence
5​
Drew Doughty
10​
Michael Anderson
12​
Adrian Kempe
13​
Quinton Byfield
14​
Anze Kopitar
14​

Maybe Fiala will catch him.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Sounds like your standard PLD nothing burger.

He's still "leading" the team in plus/minus:

Pierre-Luc Dubois
-16​
Kevin Fiala
-7​
Alex Laferriere
-6​
Brandt Clarke
-5​
Andreas Englund
-5​
Carl Grundstrom
-3​
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
-2​
Jacob Moverare
-1​
Samuel Fagemo
-1​
David Rittich
0​
Pheonix Copley
0​
Tobias Bjornfot
0​
Alex Turcotte
0​
Cameron Talbot
0​
Trevor Lewis
0​
Vladislav Gavrikov
1​
Arthur Kaliyev
1​
Phillip Danault
2​
Trevor Moore
3​
Blake Lizotte
4​
Matt Roy
5​
Jordan Spence
5​
Drew Doughty
10​
Michael Anderson
12​
Adrian Kempe
13​
Quinton Byfield
14​
Anze Kopitar
14​

Maybe Fiala will catch him.
Plus/minus works like scoring in golf, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00