GDT: 2023-24 season game 47 LA Kings vs St. Louis Blues @11:00am 1/28/24

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
When was the last time a King had a fighting major? No one on this team during this losing streak has gotten pissed off?

The team toughness is passive-aggressive comments about other people to the media

but yeah I definitely get madder about a losing streak in beer league than these guys do about their season circling the drain

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
The team toughness is passive-aggressive comments about other people to the media

but yeah I definitely get madder about a losing streak in beer league than these guys do about their season circling the drain
Englund hasn't had a fighting major since 1/2. Pretty crazy to think he keeps playing over Spence/Clarke.

Reactions: lumbergh

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Absolutely. No one on this team knows how to send a message and it makes me sick. Throw up everywhere.

Reactions: ru4reals

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
When was the last time a King had a fighting major? No one on this team during this losing streak has gotten pissed off?
I haven't been watching the end of the games that closely. Hasn't Kopitar our Doughty broken their stick over the crossbar as time runs out?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
talbot i think did the other night, no forwards though

Wasn't that Rittich? It was a goalie, but yea no 'leadership' stick smashing by Kopitar or Doughty, just Kopitar being Eeyore and blaming himself for the whole team and Doughty going

1706554245921.jpeg

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
This team has no toughness or passion as a whole, aside from a couple guys who's willing to chirp out there and get involved in scrums. I've been away from following hockey and the Kings for a few years, and coming back this season, it amazes me how we went scorched earth in terms of leadership. Most of the guys in our championship rosters had heart and grit. I have no idea why the Kings went away from that model. You're not winning a championship with this locker room and leadership. It's best to clean house and bring in guys like Nic Roy, Kolesar, Cuylle, Jeannot, Crouse and hell, as much as I hate looking at his face, go all in on Brady Tkachuk.

I know we ain't getting any of those players, but damn our group of guys are frustrating.

Reactions: ru4reals

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Our next GM needs to read Les Misérables so he can better understand Dubois.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Pretty sure Laf has had two fighting majors, which if my memory serves correctly would put him at 2nd on the team behind Englund.
I believe the only Kings with fighting majors this season are Englund and Laferriere. Kudos to Laf for both of them but the first one he was forced into it.

Blake Lizotte led the team in PIMs last season. Says it all.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
what happens before the all star break is going to determine a lot of many things. Either Blake and Co get fired, and it means that AEG isn’t f***ing around, or they remain in the same position. No one gets fired, and the scariest part, AEG doesn’t care.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

They have their millions to cushion the blow.

There is nothing that picks a team up like when a player not known for fighting drops the gloves.
Probably why they had the road winning streak. Thanks Laf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad