GDT: 2023-24 season game 45 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @7:30pm 1/24/24

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Well in fairness to Blake, if you go back and read the messages posted here when the rebuild ended, the vast majority of people were on board with it ending. I'll never understand why, but not many were for going the traditional rebuild route.

Ok, and you fire Todd tomorrow, guess what?

Still no championship caliber 1C, 1D and 1G. So why does the person who can't build a competent roster get to make another coaching hire?

Just fire everybody, bring in a steward GM and coach to oversee the rest of the season and bring in the best people this summer. We can't allow the worst GM in franchise history to do something at the deadline that may do severe damage to the longterm prospects of the franchise.
You should curb your expectations, I highly doubt Blake is going anywhere. The winds could always change with Tmac getting canned. Look how f***ing bad the Oilers were in the beginning of the year, and now they're on a tear (with no #1 D or G). Blake absolutely f***ed things up, but its not realistic to see him fired right now. We could end up with someone worse as well, AKA Bergevin.

Last edited:

bland

Jul 1, 2004
McLellan answered very respectfully and I commend him for that.

Asking someone if he thinks he's going to be fired is just piling on and accomplishes nothing. It won't help him reevaluate his decisions. It won't change his deployment.

Dude's a Human being and now that media is emboldened by player frustration, they feel safe asking that kind of question?

I just think asking someone about potential termination, no mayter how "respectful," is in poor taste.

Its all part of the game. McLellan knows it, everybody watching knows that coaching changes are initiated by teams who stop following the message.

If it was asked and answered, then asked again I would agree, but I don't see that particular question as a cruel one.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Meanwhile Brock Faber just tied Sittler's record, and the Wild didn't even play.
I didn't think Brock would come to LA when I saw the relationship he has with his sister. The whole family would have to move to LA for Faber to sign with the Kings. Trading him to Minnesota was a favor, for Faber.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
With Bedard injured, Faber's likely the Calder Trophy winner too, just to add salt in the wound

Reactions: King'sPawn

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Jesus Christ when will this lie end?

2d96ed7d-8e66-43fd-8b43-009246f7ab03_text.gif

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
I derided the media for asking soft ball questions regarding TM's coaching "strategy/decisions." But I see they went nuclear instead lol. Yet people are bent out of shape for Drew calling out his team.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Its all part of the game. McLellan knows it, everybody watching knows that coaching changes are initiated by teams who stop following the message.

If it was asked and answered, then asked again I would agree, but I don't see that particular question as a cruel one.
I understand, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't like anyone being asked that question. As you said, it's part of the game. It feels like an unnecessary pile on. But maybe that's just me.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I understand, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't like anyone being asked that question. As you said, it's part of the game. It feels like an unnecessary pile on. But maybe that's just me.
I'll feel bad for him when/if he gets fired. He's not a good coach but he seems like a good person. That article about him and PLD was just about PLD trying to put out excuses for his poor play and blame the coach because he's easy.

Better than the Lakers coach at least who just keeps blaming the players instead of his own shitty moves.

Reactions: David Lunch

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I can't even stand to look at PLD as a joke anymore, had to change my avatar to something less depressing
This guy is still in my office picture holding up the Stanley Cup. Clone this guy and fill your team with him.

Reactions: kilowatt

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'll feel bad for him when/if he gets fired. He's not a good coach but he seems like a good person. That article about him and PLD was just about PLD trying to put out excuses for his poor play and blame the coach because he's easy.

Better than the Lakers coach at least who just keeps blaming the players instead of his own shitty moves.
I can't agree about him not being a good coach. He had management force feed him players to win now, and he's done as much as he could. Even got the team to the playoffs without his entire starting blueline two seasins ago.

He's flawed for certain. His dependence on vets and distrust for youth is maddening. But he was given an edict to win now, so what else is he suppised to do?

Reactions: David Lunch

rapots

Oct 23, 2006
Ruse
profile.myspace.com
Everytime Fiala starts to create magic I am scared. So many indivdual mistakes, tonight some others join as well. At the end of the day it will be the best team out of playoffs.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
Something has to be done NOW - and that must be one of 2 things.

Have to make a trade, doesn’t have to be PLD by t have to make a trade. Look at getting a 4th line veteran wing at the minimum but you have to make a move.

Its either that and see if that gets the full restart or you have to change the coach.

Blake is too smart by half and thinks he’s the smartest guy on the block (cuz you know, he went to college, did you know that?) and thinks the team is GREAT! Because he built it, so it must be great?!

So the stubborn/arrogant POS DOES NOT WANT TO MAKE ANY MOVES, it would hurt his fragile self image.

But seriously, without changing the one guy in Todd, then he’s not really doing what needs to be done.

But at this point it’s pretty clear, this team cannot and will not right this ship without one or both of these moves.

Reactions: WHOneedsSOX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad