GDT: 2023-24 season game 45 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @7:30pm 1/24/24

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
GEn3fvDa4AMgy1d

Los Angeles Kings(22-13-9, 53pts, 4th in Pacific) vs Buffalo Sabres(20-23-4 44pts, 7th in Atlantic)
Crypto.com Arena | Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

Regular Season Stats
1ZFycbB.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings
UJaeQLr.png

z2PasMv.png

YPHAtd4.png

wPwsdBR.png

Scratched: Jordan Spence, Samuel Fagemo
Covid: N/A
Injured: Viktor Arvidsson, Pheonix Copley, Blake Lizotte

:sabres
Q2yyqdo.png

8H9ytwk.png

EkBo4rj.png

Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I hope Kopitar has a great night, he deserves it. Hopefully, we will see Brownie and they get a win for them. Still, the pessimism swirling is stagnant and optimism is hard to come by. Just hoping for the best at this point. Let's get 2 points in regulation. GKG!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kopitar's premature Legends night vs. a team that we're apparently emulating at this point--trying to exit the rebuild too early and struggling mightily.

I dont' want to ruin Kopi's night but beating the Sabres will be sold as a big turnaround when it's not, I hope they get crushed again tonight. Health of the franchise depends on losing all the battles at this point.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Agreed that the timing of this Kopitar celebration seems off, I have to admit, when the media started talking about Kopitar's big "milestone" night and that Dustin Brown was in town for it, I was like for what? And I was too afraid to ask anyone. I looked at his stat sheet to see if he was passing any milestone specifically for tonight and felt like I was a crazy idiot who hasn't been following his entire career and should know there is some sort of significance for tonight :laugh:

But to hear that it is just because he has broken a few milestones recently and he did many away from home - I mean, I get it, and he deserves anything and everything at this point, but it is sort of a premature legends night.

I understand doing a quick 5-minute ceremony before puck drop and honoring him and giving him his watch, painting, silver stick, or whatever they want to commemorate it with; but he is going to be having a lot of these ceremonies after he retires guaranteed and it is a little weird to have a whole legends night essentially while he is still on the team. Not to mention the timing of it couldn't be at a worse time.

Reactions: YP44 and tny760

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Why are they honoring Kopitar tonight? Seems odd to me.
What? It's odd to have a legends night for a guy that's still your "number 1" center?

Hoping for 10-0 Buffalo again, don't care about Kopitar's night. Dude can have the touchy feelies when they retire his jersey while he's still the number 1 center. Then he can switch to number 12 and play another 20 years.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Agreed that the timing of this Kopitar celebration seems off, I have to admit, when the media started talking about Kopitar's big "milestone" night and that Dustin Brown was in town for it, I was like for what? And I was too afraid to ask anyone. I looked at his stat sheet to see if he was passing any milestone specifically for tonight and felt like I was a crazy idiot who hasn't been following his entire career and should know there is some sort of significance for tonight :laugh:

But to hear that it is just because he has broken a few milestones recently and he did many away from home - I mean, I get it, and he deserves anything and everything at this point, but it is sort of a premature legends night.

I understand doing a quick 5-minute ceremony before puck drop and honoring him and giving him his watch, painting, silver stick, or whatever they want to commemorate it with; but he is going to be having a lot of these ceremonies after he retires guaranteed and it is a little weird to have a whole legends night essentially while he is still on the team. Not to mention the timing of it couldn't be at a worse time.
Gametime 7:30
Puck drop 8:30
maybe hes pulling the pin and its back to slovenia?

Last edited:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Kopi sold his house- maybe hes pulling the pin and its back to slovenia?
Did it actually sell or just on the market. I imagine it might take a year or two to sell a 37 million dollar home.

Is that a lazy penalty, a pass to the other team for a goal, and an own goal?
Probably should be something about a dog in there somewhere.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
With all DUE respect, I don’t give a f*** it’s Kopitar night or not. Dudes made fat stacks his entire career more than most players can dream so I don’t care if the Kings get their backs blown out today. The Kings getting closer to a complete tear down is more important than a Kopitar night. If what Rosen says is true, which he wouldn’t lie about, is that the games before the ASG break hold a lot of weight. I pray to all the gods that none of these bitch ass execs seats get cooler.

15-0 Buffalo. Make it happen.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I had a dream that Buffalo won 13-5.
27-24 Kings over Buffalo. Last minute: Sabres down two, pull goalie, Tage Thompson takes a slap shot from the right wing and goes wide right, bounces hard off the boards past everyone and somehow ends up in the Buffalo net for an own goal.

maybe hes pulling the pin and its back to slovenia?
Oof count me out for tonight. Game will go to shootout and end on the East Coast at 2AM.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
27-24 Kings over Buffalo. Last minute: Sabres down two, pull goalie, Tage Thompson takes a slap shot from the right wing and goes wide right, bounces hard off the boards past everyone and somehow ends up in the Buffalo net for an own goal.

Oof count me out for tonight. Game will go to shootout and end on the East Coast at 2AM.
dooley claims "Doors open at 6 PM, warmups expected to begin at 7 PM and the ceremony will start at 7:30 PM. Slightly delayed puck drop to follow, but this won’t be like Dustin Brown’s night last season"

that game started at 8:08 so who knows what "slightly delayed" means

Reactions: chris kontos
I'm going to be contrarian here and hope the Kings win tonight. I haven't been on this board much over the past few weeks mainly because I've been moving and had a lot of stuff going on but the few times I checked in it's quite insufferable. I'm really not sure at what point I'll ever actively root against the team I claim to be a fan of but to each his own.

I'm all about positivity and silver linings and mine for tonight is the great deal you can score on some PR level seats sitting about $70 each with fees for the cheapest. Take a friend to game and smuggle in some whiskey. Things could be worse. You could be smoking meth and living in a tent on 6th and San Pedro.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I'm going to be contrarian here and hope the Kings win tonight. I haven't been on this board much over the past few weeks mainly because I've been moving and had a lot of stuff going on but the few times I checked in it's quite insufferable. I'm really not sure at what point I'll ever actively root against the team I claim to be a fan of but to each his own.

I'm all about positivity and silver linings and mine for tonight is the great deal you can score on some PR level seats sitting about $70 each with fees for the cheapest. Take a friend to game and smuggle in some whiskey. Things could be worse. You could be smoking meth and living in a tent on 6th and San Pedro.
I feel you man. There is a part of me that hates the non stop wallowing but there is another part that understands the value of being vocally critical of the leadership. If the fans don't care nobody will.

That said, I too find it difficult to root against the boys on any given day regardless of the big picture.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Seriously, King's played really well against the Sharks. They need to bury more chances. Clarke & Fiala had great games. Need to put up more goals so Clarke's mess up doesn't cost the team as much.

Just keep things rolling & the puck will start going in.

Also, just move Englund to 4th line wing & play all of Roy, Clarke, Spence.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
There was a ceremony before a game in 2019 when Brown passed Taylor for most games played for the franchise. They gave him a watch and Dave said a few words and it was over in a few minutes.

Kopitar has now passed Brown (and also Dionne for most assists) so they'll probably do the same thing. Its not going to be like Brown's retirement ceremony.

Reactions: YP44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad