GDT: 2023-24 season game 45 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @7:30pm 1/24/24

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
wwe-royal-rumble.gif
Drew's not punching anyone. He wouldn't even fight back against Tkachuk.

• Haha
Reactions: KINGS17 and tny760

bland

Jul 1, 2004
On paper that looks good, but in what universe do you play 3 rookies in the same season? Who makes up the slack for scoring too, and where is Roy?

Because you aren't playing to win now, you play the kids to get their experience to be able to win down the road.

They aren't winning now anyway. There was no chance whatsoever with the path.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
It must be so insane for Anze and Drew to go from having guys like Williams Richards, Mitchell, O'Donnell, Scuderi, and Regehr in the room to having f***ing Fiala and Dubois.
Drew is 100% right to call them out of course, but it’s ironic since he’s the one who demanded that the Kings bring in immediate veteran talent since he and Kopi were “running out of time”.

Blake and Luc were stupid enough to appease him and simply grabbed the players who happened to be available in the timeframe that Drew mandated.

Kingkopitar

Jan 10, 2017
Here is my thing. PLD being a good player or not, I thought the whole kings identity the last three years was effort, and then after painstakingly building that kind of reputation, identity etc, they sign PLD. He isn't great, he isn't bad, and I think he just has a weird skating glide standing still type thing going on, but he definitely didn't fit into the identity that Blake was building. It is just a weird signing. IDK

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
On paper that looks good, but in what universe do you play 3 rookies in the same season? Who makes up the slack for scoring too, and where is Roy?
On paper it looks good because it would be good. Spence has shown he's more than capable on our third pair this year. Clarke deserved to be up last year but we dicked him around for the first three months of the season until he went back to the OHL and put up video game numbers. Faber's already one of the best defensemen in the NHL and should be our #1 defenseman today. In this universe we should play those three guys because they're all great hockey players.

And for f***'s sake, it's not like they were just drafted. Spence was drafted in 2019, Faber in 2020, Clarke in 2021. At Spence's age, Doughty was winning his first cup. All three of these guys are old enough to be productive in the NHL.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Here is my thing. PLD being a good player or not, I thought the whole kings identity the last three years was effort, and then after painstakingly building that kind of reputation, identity etc, they sign PLD. He isn't great, he isn't bad, and I think he just has a weird skating glide standing still type thing going on, but he definitely didn't fit into the identity that Blake was building. It is just a weird signing. IDK

Weird would be nice, but it’s just straight up lazy.

Reactions: Kingkopitar

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Because you aren't playing to win now, you play the kids to get their experience to be able to win down the road.

They aren't winning now anyway. There was no chance whatsoever with the path.

Even at that, I think Faber, Clarke, and Spence give us a better chance to win right now than Doughty, Roy, and Clarke/Spence. Faber is a better defenseman today than Doughty.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Pretty sure all the plugs will be pulled sometimes between now and June 1. Todd is not too worried he will pocket another 5 mil for sitting out next season... Blake legacy will justifiably go down as a loser and will probably be booed like Bettman on any appearances in front of the fans. Luc may be retained to attract the geriatric fan base.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Byfield's play is the only reason I'm still watching this sh*tshow the past few months. Man this kid is blossoming before our eyes. At least when Kopi hangs them up there is hope he may be the next 1c replacing him. That check on Tuch in the corner pretty much made me tingle all over the place. Hopefully the Kings don't ruin his career. GO KINGS GO!!!

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I thought it was actually asked and answered well and respectfully on both parts.

Its an obvious option, no sense in avoiding the topic just to make sure you are still allowed in the building.
McLellan answered very respectfully and I commend him for that.

Asking someone if he thinks he's going to be fired is just piling on and accomplishes nothing. It won't help him reevaluate his decisions. It won't change his deployment.

Dude's a Human being and now that media is emboldened by player frustration, they feel safe asking that kind of question?

I just think asking someone about potential termination, no mayter how "respectful," is in poor taste.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad