GDT: 2023-24 season game 45 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @7:30pm 1/24/24

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Todd is a decent coach. The level of vitriol towards him around here is excessive.

He has his shortcomings. Every coach does.

You're not gonna get someone in here who can make Kopitar not be 36, make PLD care, or make Fiala not the dumbest player in the NHL.

You might get the coaching change "boost" but it won't be anything sustainable.

I agree in the sense that I don't hate TMac, I like quite a few things about him, and firing TMac isn't going to fix this, but something has to happen and his presser is telling me that he has exhausted all his options and doesn't know how to make it happen. Blake is the most important one to get rid of and Luc needs to be taken down several pegs. I am fine with Luc remaining in the organization, but he can't have a say in hockey operations or who is in charge.

Reactions: David Lunch

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
As much as I'm not a fan of Todd, Blake bringing in Fiala and Dubois is at the very center of our issues. These are two guys under 25 (at the time of the trades) on their third teams with a history of not meshing with teammates, not giving 100% effort, and having questionable work ethic on the defensive side of the ice. Fiala is maybe a guy you add as the final piece to a contender with a strong core, but we got him at the wrong time. And Dubois should be no where near a locker room looking to win hard hockey games.

I like Drew's comments, but I'm shocked to hear any player say it.
100000000%

Reactions: David Lunch

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I’m done watching this team until they blow it up drastically one way or another.

I've never rooted for the Kings to lose, even in the years they were in the tankathon for draft position.

Right now I truly hope the Kings lose every game they play until Robitaille and Blake are gone. This team can't begin to turn the page until those two are gone.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Should have nipped this in bud when they started tanking at home, got too comfortable and then it bled into road games and now they are f***ed

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
So Drew is talking about PL specifically? sounds like it.
Dubois and Fiala, if I had to guess. I can't imagine this is about Moore or Danault, even though they had rough nights. Those two play "the right way". Our bottom six is so pathetic right now that I'm not even totally sure what to say. I don't think he's talking about Kopitar, Kempe, or Byfield either.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
A lot of things would have had to go right here but we could have had a lineup like this:

Kempe - Kopitar - Arvidsson
Iafallo - Byfield - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Kaliyev

Doughty - Faber
Anderson - Clarke
Gavrikov - Spence
Turcotte centering the fourth line too. What would of, could of, should of.... :cry:

Reactions: kilowatt

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Has to be Fiala. Maybe others also. For as talented as Fiala is, he does a lot of dumb stuff.
Can’t remember which game it was but I think someone mentioned Kopitar glaring at Fiala from the bench after a horrible turnover that led to goal. Fiala is a double edge sword.

Reactions: bmr

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
A lot of things would have had to go right here but we could have had a lineup like this:

Kempe - Kopitar - Arvidsson
Iafallo - Byfield - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Kaliyev

Doughty - Faber
Anderson - Clarke
Gavrikov - Spence
On paper that looks good, but in what universe do you play 3 rookies in the same season? Who makes up the slack for scoring too, and where is Roy?

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I've never rooted for the Kings to lose, even in the years they were in the tankathon for draft position.

Right now I truly hope the Kings lose every game they play until Robitaille and Blake are gone. This team can't begin to turn the page until those two are gone.
I now fully agree and I hope AEG sees all of this. We should call Leiweke so he can clean house again. This nepotism crap has to stop. It was the reason Lombardi came here in the first place. Now we are right back to instilling the wrong culture in this place.

Reactions: Schmooley

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
Well in fairness to Blake, if you go back and read the messages posted here when the rebuild ended, the vast majority of people were on board with it ending. I'll never understand why, but not many were for going the traditional rebuild route.

Ok, and you fire Todd tomorrow, guess what?

Still no championship caliber 1C, 1D and 1G. So why does the person who can't build a competent roster get to make another coaching hire?

Just fire everybody, bring in a steward GM and coach to oversee the rest of the season and bring in the best people this summer. We can't allow the worst GM in franchise history to do something at the deadline that may do severe damage to the longterm prospects of the franchise.
Then what? Blake can't hire a Todd clone because Blake will get fired. There's a nonzero chance we get a positive outcome from a coaching change even with the same exact roster, and I am all for it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad