GDT: 2023-24 season game 43 LA kings vs New York Rangers @7:30pm 1/20/24

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
What PLD defenders? The best he got on these boards in the last month was something like, "He's sucked, but I hope he can figure it out."
Other social media people have defended him recently, but even with these boards, there were plenty of narratives about PLD "needing" better linemates, including Arvidsson.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Thought the Kings played a fairly stronger game today. Offensively they are just out of sorts. We’ve got two lesser opponents coming up that we need 4 points on.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Since Dave Taylor was able to draft a franchise goalie like Quick with only a 3rd round pick. I don't think LA has used a pick higher than the 3rd round on goalies in years. That strategy isn't working very well.
Portillo with the Reign is looking like a steal! Kings traded a 3rd rounder to the Sabres for him.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
PLD on the wing pisses me off to no end. I’d rather have the three we traded away for the same cost.

I wasn’t surprised by trading Quick but it is still a gut punch. It sucked. The tribute was pretty good in the arena tonight. He does seem bitter and I don’t blame him.
He's just so freaking bad anywhere he is. Just throw him on the 4th line with Lizotte and Lewis and don't ruin any of the scoring lines.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Dwight King is a better top six option over Dubois. His malaise disgusts me. This is the type of loser we were used to seeing on some bad Kings teams; a bum who was here just to collect a paycheck and to enjoy the weather.

On the plus side, the journeymen goalies the Kings signed this summer have been steals, and Rittich is now outplaying Talbot. I just hope he can keep it up, because the offense has clearly dried up with the Kings.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I really do wonder how bad it would have to get for LA to buy him out. If we bought him out this summer, he’d be on the books until 2038!

I can’t imagine Blake would still be GM if we were actually considering buying out Dubois.

Reactions: David Lunch

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I really do wonder how bad it would have to get for LA to buy him out. If we bought him out this summer, he’d be on the books until 2038!

I can’t imagine Blake would still be GM if we were actually considering buying out Dubois.

Blake has been good about ignoring sunk-cost fallacies in the past and severing ties when needed. But this would be on a different order. I would be shocked.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

It gets worse if they wait another season.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Dark cloud incoming

Three posts by the rangers and BSD coming up huge

Some better things tonight but the losing streak patterns were still there, we just got the unfortunate win for TM optics, like the Carolina game—we were eventually gonna get some wins due to blind luck but that’s about all it is.

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
If/when PLD is bought out, Blake wouldn't be the GM making that decision
So you think they are going to buy him out... with that contract years and amount it would be the biggest buy out in NHL history .. someone correct me if im wrong ...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Dark cloud incoming

Three posts by the rangers and BSD coming up huge

Some better things tonight but the losing streak patterns were still there, we just got the unfortunate win for TM optics, like the Carolina game—we were eventually gonna get some wins due to blind luck but that’s about all it is.
Still a fairly big win for McLellan and BLuc. Keeps the wolves at bay for a bit.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
So you think they are going to buy him out... with that contract years and amount it would be the biggest buy out in NHL history .. someone correct me if im wrong ...
I didn't say that, I said if it happened Blake would no longer be the GM who make the decision to do it

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Dwight King is a better top six option over Dubois. His malaise disgusts me. This is the type of loser we were used to seeing on some bad Kings teams; a bum who was here just to collect a paycheck and to enjoy the weather.

On the plus side, the journeymen goalies the Kings signed this summer have been steals, and Rittich is now outplaying Talbot. I just hope he can keep it up, because the offense has clearly dried up with the Kings.
i said when blake aquired pld that that by history and tradition pld is a perfect kings player. gifted with absolutely no drive or intensity. very happy to be in a non traditional hockey market where the media wont take him to task. the perfect quiet quitter- performs just barely well enough to maintain his job status.
the mystery to me is how he obtained the salary he commands. his own long history is so obviously that of a low effort malcontent how anyone could expect a radical change is beyond me.

after our 2 championships i had thought we were done as a team with players like pld and the incompetent front office that brought him here. i guess not.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Before any NTC kicks in, I would try waiving Dubois first, there are desperate people out there who actually might snatch him off our fingers.
If not, he can ride the bus in Ontario for the next 8 years

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
If PLD leaves, I think it's more likely is a retaining 25-50% situation (or bad contract back). For the meantime, we are stuck with him for a least a couple years. Until Blake gets fired. With a new GM, a trade like mentioned could happen. But we're a ways away from that.

QB looked great. I simply never understood him not getting the 3C job coming into the season. Winger last year was good for confidence and learning. Back to center this year with guys like GV back on his wing. Perfect. But i guess Blake proving that he knows more than a fool like me.

Really would like to see a better winger with QB than JAD. Someone like Fiala or Kempe. Maybe when Arvi returns, he can join QB (or one of Fiala/Kempe). PLD is gonna wreak Kopi's line production wise. Kempe is ultimately gonna suffer and be wasted.

Reactions: mysterman2

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
i said when blake aquired pld that that by history and tradition pld is a perfect kings player. gifted with absolutely no drive or intensity. very happy to be in a non traditional hockey market where the media wont take him to task. the perfect quiet quitter- performs just barely well enough to maintain his job status.
the mystery to me is how he obtained the salary he commands. his own long history is so obviously that of a low effort malcontent how anyone could expect a radical change is beyond me.

after our 2 championships i had thought we were done as a team with players like pld and the incompetent front office that brought him here. i guess not.
Luc is great friends with Pat Brisson, who represents Dubois. I think Luc got suckered by his close friend in going all in for a player who has a reputation of pulling this off, and he has quickly worn out his welcome here by his ‘don’t give a shit’ effort and off-putting body language.

They somehow obtained a lazier, less committed version of Dustin Penner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad