GDT: 2023-24 season game 43 LA kings vs New York Rangers @7:30pm 1/20/24

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
For months we’ve been hearing PLD needs better linemates. Doesn’t look like Byfield has that problem.
7th in time on ice among forwards, too. A couple minutes below his average time, too. PLD defenders can't even cite time on ice, as he still played his average time.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
PLD on Kopitars wing makes it so the whole line isn’t a detriment whenever he is on the ice. I’m waiting for Kempe to lose his shit on PLD.

Maybe the Kings can float it out there that they are looking to trade him before his nmc kicks in and that they will retain or package him to get him out. See if that kicks him in the ass to get him going. He’s brutal out there.

Q’s line was good and he looked good playing center. Got to keep that going.
Trade PLD to Montreal for Josh Anderson and draft choices...2nd R next year and 3rd R in 2026

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
This team has been absolutely cursed at trying to find a center. Couldn't do it by draft or trade. Byfield is literally the last hope, all the chips are on him. I hope he succeeds, but at the very least, even if he fails at center, we know he is going to be a solid top 6 wing.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
The Rangers traded Lias Andersson to LA for a 2nd round pick. The Rangers drafted Will Cullye, a player I hoped LA would draft with that pick. So the Rangers got a young tough power forward. And we got their bust. Thanks Rob.
Trade was for a 2nd round pick.
The rest is totally accurate.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
This team has been absolutely cursed at trying to find a center. Couldn't do it by draft or trade. Byfield is literally the last hope, all the chips are on him. I hope he succeeds, but at the very least, even if he fails at center, we know he is going to be a solid top 6 wing.
He's not going to fail its not in his DNA besides he's had the great Kopitar to mentor him

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
The Rangers traded Lias Andersson to LA for a 2nd round pick. The Rangers drafted Will Cullye, a player I hoped LA would draft with that pick. So the Rangers got a young tough power forward. And we got their bust. Thanks Rob.
I'm pretty sure Kings would have never drafted Cullye. Not defensive minded enough.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Honestly how is he going to fail at center? He's faster this season than last. He's skating the puck with speed through the neutral zone and getting zone entry (something he wasnt doing last year). His tenacity and responsibility in the d-zone is top notch. Only Todd could screw it up from here.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Quick is still pissed LA tossed him aside like a used Tire...I'd be pissed too he gave everything to this Organization and they(Blake) shit on him

They oughta scratch pld and put kaliyev on kopitars wing
AEG would fire Blake...so yeah sit the cry baby and whinny bitch and put Kaliyev out there and while they are at it bring up Turcotte for good

Reactions: David Lunch

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
Quick is still pissed LA tossed him aside like a used Tire...I'd be pissed too he gave everything to this Organization and they(Blake) shit on him

AEG would fire Blake...so yeah sit the cry baby and whinny bitch and put Kaliyev out there and while they are at it bring up Turcotte for good
They didn't toss him aside. They gave him 2 seasons to turn it around and he couldn't. He didn't stick in Vegas either, but I am glad he has found his game.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Since Dave Taylor was able to draft a franchise goalie like Quick with only a 3rd round pick. I don't think LA has used a pick higher than the 3rd round on goalies in years. That strategy isn't working very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad