GDT: 2023-24 season Game 3 LA Kings vs Winnipeg Jets @5:00pm 10/17/23

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I hate saying this, because it seems insensitive, and I love Gabe, but that scenario also demonstrated some of the justification for making the trade.
Who wouldn't get injured falling like that?

Like, if you want to love the trade, go for it, but using an injury from a hit causing you to fall on your leg awkwardly as "evidence" or "justification" is pretty lousy. If the roles were reversed and someone crowed about PLD getting injured in this game, it would be just as terrible.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Just got home, wasn’t able to watch the game after the first period. Sheesh, seems like I missed a good one! Kings looked like garbage in that first period, did they play well through the last two?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Who wouldn't get injured falling like that?

Like, if you want to love the trade, go for it, but using an injury from a hit causing you to fall on your leg awkwardly as "evidence" or "justification" is pretty lousy. If the roles were reversed and someone crowed about PLD getting injured in this game, it would be just as terrible.
Injury concerns have always surrounded Vilardi. All the way back to junior.

I know looking at the play there's nothing about it that's inherent to Gabe, but some guys just can't get away from the injury bug.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Injury concerns have always surrounded Vilardi. All the way back to junior.

I know looking at the play there's nothing about it that's inherent to Gabe, but some guys just can't get away from the injury bug.
You’re reaching so far that you’re touching the andromeda. Any player would get injured with that. You’re using a guaranteed injury situation as Vilardi being fragile. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: King'sPawn

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
If the Kings can get Talbot in any kind of rhythm it'd go a long way. It must've been a hard game for PL but I'm glad he rose to the occasion and got the Kings going tonight. That box score was pretty sexy. Englund did good work tonight.

Tough to hear the news about Gabe, hope it's nothing serious.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Pretty strong win that hopefully the team can build a rhythm off of. Really sucks that Vilardi got hurt. Just from the look of the play I'd expect he is gonna miss significant time. Especially brutal to happen against the Kings immediately in the game where I am sure he wanted to show a thing or two.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
You’re reaching so far that you’re touching the andromeda. Any player would get injured with that. You’re using a guaranteed injury situation as Vilardi being fragile. Ridiculous.

That’s not the point. Any player would’ve gotten injured there, and every player encounters unavoidable injuries. But because Vilardi so often experiences extraneous injuries, these types of unavoidable injuries compound the issue all the more.

Vilardi is an injury prone player. He misses a lot of time due to injury. That’s an objective fact. And it absolutely played a role in the Kings trading him. John is 100% right there.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Could file this in the PLD trade but this tonight was the reunion...

Former Jets Teammates Of Pierre-Luc Dubois Reveal What He's Like Away From The Cameras

Dubois was the Jets' Party Organizer and was Dubbed 'The Promoter'

Despite the bad rap he received from the media and fans for wanting out, his teammates clearly loved Dubois for the effort he put into team bonding off the ice. According to his former teammates, Dubois always took the reign on organizing team dinners while on the road, and even throwing a few rookie parties in Vegas.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Nobody is wishing injury in anyone. Whether it's conditioning, training, or just dumb luck (most likely) we all knew Vilardi gets injured at an above average clip to this point in his career. To be grateful it didn't happen again in a Kings jersey is justified.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Talbot was dynamite, kept them in it. Could easily have been down a couple of goals after the first which makes it a very different game.

Happy to see Moore back too, he's beasting.

Reactions: 21Dog

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
That’s not the point. Any player would’ve gotten injured there, and every player encounters unavoidable injuries. But because Vilardi so often experiences extraneous injuries, these types of unavoidable injuries compound the issue all the more.

Vilardi is an injury prone player. He misses a lot of time due to injury. That’s an objective fact. And it absolutely played a role in the Kings trading him. John is 100% right there.
Why even bring up the incident if that was his point? You extrapolated something different than he was saying. Not saying you’re wrong.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
a-englund-pen.jpg

^That's from last year.

In my defense of Englund, one of the things I've pointed out is his penalty differential. He brings physicality without putting you on the PK. In fact, he usually puts you on the PP.

He also drew a penalty last game.

Through 3 games he leads the Kings in penalty differential, hits, and is second in blocked shots.
Weird one though last night. Should definitely have been boarding but I’ll take it.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
If Todd is offering a master class course in “how to get millions by producing no results” I will absolutely enroll.
Good post, bruh.

team with arguably the most continuity in the league

same people in power positions for years

worst on ice product for a capped out team

keep it up f***ers
How many goals did you want them to score?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Could file this in the PLD trade but this tonight was the reunion...

Former Jets Teammates Of Pierre-Luc Dubois Reveal What He's Like Away From The Cameras

Dubois was the Jets' Party Organizer and was Dubbed 'The Promoter'

Despite the bad rap he received from the media and fans for wanting out, his teammates clearly loved Dubois for the effort he put into team bonding off the ice. According to his former teammates, Dubois always took the reign on organizing team dinners while on the road, and even throwing a few rookie parties in Vegas.
Rain, rein, reign. I hate to rein on this parade, but let's just rain it in with the use of the word reign, huh? Let's go Rein!

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
At the time it happened who's leg looked worse stuck in the ice?

Gavrikov's or Vilardi?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
How good of a season is Trevor Moore gonna have this year? He looks so much quicker and faster compared to last season. That Moore-Danault-Kaliyev line might be the best third line in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad