GDT: 2023-24 season Game 3 LA Kings vs Winnipeg Jets @5:00pm 10/17/23

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Faust wasn't terrible, but he did come into a tough situation. Replacing a guy like Bob is something that no one can do. I wish they would have went with Nickson from the start simply because he has the experience to handle it. He knew Bob as well as anyone, too.
Big shoes to fill, and his happened be infant feet

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Faust wasn't terrible, but he did come into a tough situation. Replacing a guy like Bob is something that no one can do. I wish they would have went with Nickson from the start simply because he has the experience to handle it. He knew Bob as well as anyone, too.
Faust was a plague on my home and not only am I glad he’s gone … I HOPE HE BURNS IN HELL <end Sam L Jackson voice >

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
He'll win me over when he can put together a few solid consecutive shifts to start.

He has the turning radius of a bus and handles the puck like a hand grenade.
Well he is a bottom pairing dman for a reason.

Story on him last year was that he started out rough but got better as the season went on. Gotta remember he only has 1 season's worth of NHL experience under his belt. New team, new partner, new system.

I think he had a positive impact overall tonight.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I'm stealing this from the Peg board.

Bro, W-T-F.

:surrender

Ayo?

giphy.gif

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
You got to feel for Vilardi tonight. Lizotte does some weird shit on the daily.
Ya that was very strange hit he put on Vilardi.. Liz was falling over reaching for the puck - and it squirted up the boards and he decided to finish the check and it was low and awkward and I dont think Gabe was expecting it - was borderline late

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Well he is a bottom pairing dman for a reason.

Story on him last year was that he started out rough but got better as the season went on. Gotta remember he only has 1 season's worth of NHL experience under his belt. New team, new partner, new system.

I think he had a positive impact overall tonight.
Greene and Martinez were bottom pairing defensemen, too. Bottom pairing doesn't mean it has to equal"bad". Just capable.

Overall, I'll agree he had a positive impact, where he did well enough and didn't have any atrocious giveaways. But he's not played well enough to inspire confidence on a regular basis. His individual skillsets leave a lot to be desired.

Carolynn kind of looks like a dude tonight
Hopefully her creepy stalker leaves her alone then.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Didn’t TM say he was getting rid of the 1-3-1? Am I imagining that?
Every team is going to use it with a big lead like tonight. Otherwise I haven't seen it too much, just sporadically against the Avalanche. TM really likes it with a lead, so I don't see it going away. If he said that he probably meant as a go-to system.

Reactions: Little Psycho

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Ya that was very strange hit he put on Vilardi.. Liz was falling over reaching for the puck - and it squirted up the boards and he decided to finish the check and it was low and awkward and I dont think Gabe was expecting it - was borderline late
Just got caught up with the game. I think Lizotte was dropped about 7-8 seconds before the hit, didn't notice who. He got up and went back at it hard.

Thought everybody had strong moments. Good game, the air left the building after the injury to Vilardi, the missed boarding call and the Dubois powerplay goal in relatively quick succesion.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
We all like to criticize Blake but lets give him the credit tonight.
The cheaper option Talbot outplayed the much more expensive and rumored to be available in the offseason Hellebuyck.
Dubois scored. Vilardis health concerns. Iafallo was not noticeable. Kupari was Kupari.
Would love to believe wrong about Blakes supposed masterclass in roster construction.
If they get good goaltending that can keep them in games that will go a long way because they can score goals.
Winnipeg is a good matchup for them because they arent particularly fast nor physical.
Kupari was very good…

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
The Kings kept it simple and good decisions with the puck, the game wasn't to fast for them tonight. Nice to see Dubois with the goal tonight. The team looked good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad