GDT: 2023-24 season game 19 LA Kings vs Montreal Canadiens @1:00pm 11/25/23

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
J quick wins again 7-4 rangers over boston
Quick has been a big surprise for the Rangers. I would have thought he was just gonna give Shesterkin rest here and there, but he seems to have found the fountain of youth with the Rangers. Can't wait till the Kings play against him at Crypto.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Quick has been a big surprise for the Rangers. I would have thought he was just gonna give Shesterkin rest here and there, but he seems to have found the fountain of youth with the Rangers. Can't wait till the Kings play against him at Crypto.
NYR have a very solid D corps.. I think that and him getting humbled to the point of learning some new tricks in net (like staying in the blue paint more) are the reasons (not to mention his champions heart)

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
It's not very often you see a team score 7 against the Bruins.

Rangers now have the best record in the league.

Imagine if the Kings made a SC run and had to face Quick and the Rangers in the finals.
I would be stumped who to root for to be honest.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
A much improved game from Fiala today.

KF just needs to pick his spots. I'd rather him be a 60 point "safe" player, than an 80 point guy always making high risk plays resulting in chances for the other team.

PLD also had a much more solid game today.

Things didn't click for the top line today, but it didn't matter because other lines were playing well. That's a good sign.

First time in awhile Englund had a "bad" game IMO.

Kings should still be looking for an upgrade over Copely.

JAD will be a fine middle six forward in this league. He just needs TOI to find his footing.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Three things in particular repeatedly happen with Fiala that piss me off

1. once a period in the dzone he floats a soft blind backhand pass across our high slot;
2. once a period in the ozone he either throws a grenade to our point man with a closing checker OR he's at the point and softly turns it over himself, especially on the PP, REPEATEDLY leading to odd-man breaks against;
3. lazy selfish stick fouls.

I can live with three if he isn't also continually doing 1 and 2. It's like he's skating with his head totally down right now and keeps finding ways to make the turnover someone else's problem which is liable to get someone like Spence killed if he keeps it up.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
It's not very often you see a team score 7 against the Bruins.

Rangers now have the best record in the league.

Imagine if the Kings made a SC run and had to face Quick and the Rangers in the finals.
Well we already had one of the greater goalie match-ups in a Final, when it was Quick vs Lundqvist. Playoffs are tough rounds, so let us try to win the 1st first with this newer group.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023

1. once a period in the dzone he floats a soft blind backhand pass across our high slot;
2. once a period in the ozone he either throws a grenade to our point man with a closing checker OR he's at the point and softly turns it over himself, especially on the PP, REPEATEDLY leading to odd-man breaks against;

I can live with three if he isn't also continually doing 1 and 2. It's like he's skating with his head totally down right now and keeps finding ways to make the turnover someone else's problem which is liable to get someone like Spence killed if he keeps it up.
Id like to add the frequent o zone penalty to your list.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
A much improved game from Fiala today.

KF just needs to pick his spots. I'd rather him be a 60 point "safe" player, than an 80 point guy always making high risk plays resulting in chances for the other team.

PLD also had a much more solid game today.

Things didn't click for the top line today, but it didn't matter because other lines were playing well. That's a good sign.

First time in awhile Englund had a "bad" game IMO.

Kings should still be looking for an upgrade over Copely.

JAD will be a fine middle six forward in this league. He just needs TOI to find his footing.
I disagree on trying to upgrade on Copley. He's finding his game again, so as he did today, he gives Talbot some needed rest to keep him fresh and off the injured list. There is no upgrade on the waiver wires and to trade for upgrade, you have to give up something good. Kings are a top five 5 team right now as they keep it rolling. You don't make a trade and possibly ruin the good rhythm in the locker room. The team likes playing for Copley.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

Fiala is an offensive forward and not recognized for how he plays defensively. He was the same way with the Preds/Wild. Last season he played more 2nd/3rd line and had 72 points and ending up a plus player. He will always be a high risk/high reward type forward. Maybe over the course of this season how explosive the Kings offense is from all 4 lines, Fiala won't have to try to do as much or too much.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I disagree on trying to upgrade on Copley. He's finding his game again, so as he did today, he gives Talbot some needed rest to keep him fresh and off the injured list. There is no upgrade on the waiver wires and to trade for upgrade, you have to give up something good. Kings are a top five 5 team right now as they keep it rolling. You don't make a trade and possibly ruin the good rhythm in the locker room. The team likes playing for Copley.

Agree, I don't think you force a trade there...not yet....if one comes and smacks you in the head though, you have a duty to listen at the very least.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fiala is an offensive forward and not recognized for how he plays defensively. He was the same way with the Preds/Wild. Last season he played more 2nd/3rd line and had 72 points and ending up a plus player. He will always be a high risk/high reward type forward. Maybe over the course of this season how explosive the Kings offense is from all 4 lines, Fiala won't have to try to do as much or too much.

I'm not asking him to do a single thing defensively--yet he's actually mostly acceptable there, see that backcheck in today's game.

My issue with him is absolutely shithead puck management WITH the puck, not without. And it's not because he's creative and trying things, there's zero need for a behind the back pass in his own zone, nor floating a soft pass to a covered defenseman in the ozone. I want guys to 'take risks' but not just for the sake of taking risks, his plays that are pissing me off are high risk, almost zero reward.

Reactions: johnjm22

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Agree, I don't think you force a trade there...not yet....if one comes and smacks you in the head though, you have a duty to listen at the very least.
Of course. GM's are talking with each other all the time during the season. Media just doesn't report on it unless it's something that could be juicy. They have Rittich. They would go to him as an option before they make a goalie trade.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
0-2 on the PP
only 1 point from the defense (an assist from Englund who had the fewest shifts and lowest ice time).
#1 line shut out (0 points) by a bottom feeder team,
this team is trash

Am I doing this right?

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
@FSL KINGS

9920b736c2b633f617664303018df878.jpg
Gunna need this posted next game so Lewis scores again!

Reactions: 21Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad