GDT: 2023-24 season game 12 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 11/8/23

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
What a win. Loving it!

Talbot is a stud. Hard to get a rotation going with him playing so well but they really need to find a way to get someone else in there and keep him fresh.
Copley should be in today. They had a nice break and a maintenance day for Talbot before Vegas. Gotta ride this hot streak right now. He is playing incredibly well.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
This is a really really good Kings team.

We rarely look so dominant in the regular season.

Happy to be so wrong when I scoffed a bit at Luc’s claim we were “Cup contenders”. We look every bit contenders.
Cup Contenders? I'd wait to make that claim its only November 8th-9th and the play-offs and Cup Finals are 6-7 months away

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Thanks for your concern. My ex-wife is facing a battle with pancreatic cancer, and I am now living the single dad life for the time being , which doesn't allow me to stay up late or be as active on the forums (other than when she is in school). But considering I was active yesterday afternoon in a thread you were in, (defending QB no less) I thought you wouldn't go down the same "hiding" argument.

I thought I would reply so that you wouldn't create another separate thread like you did last season due to your bizarre and unhealthy obsession with me and other people here.

For somebody who always claims to "have a life" and "I have better things to do" when people ask you to have an actual debate, you sure do spend a lot of time on this forum contributing nothing.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Thanks for your concern. My ex-wife is facing a battle with pancreatic cancer, and I am now living the single dad life for the time being , which doesn't allow me to stay up late or be as active on the forums (other than when she is in school). But considering I was active yesterday afternoon in a thread you were in, (defending QB no less) I thought you wouldn't go down the same "hiding" argument.

I thought I would reply so that you wouldn't create another separate thread like you did last season due to your bizarre and unhealthy obsession.
Ouch. I can't imagine what you are going through.

I hope that things are as easy as possible for you during what has to be a horribly tough time.
I think I speak for everyone except Axl Foley that we all appreciate what you do here and wish the best for you.

If you ever need someone to talk to, or if you ever need some distractive humor reach out bro.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Vancouver has played:
Edm x3 (!), Phi, TB, FL, Nash x2, StL, NYR, SJ, Dal

Absolutely much easier than LA.
Nice call.

It kind of sucks for the Kings that Vancouver has gotten Edmonton 3 times while they are in this massive funk and the Kings haven't gotten them once yet, and don't get them until Dec 30th.

I'm guessing the Oilers figure things out sooner than later, but that won't change the fact that Vancouver got 6 points from them when they were in the dumps.

I do think Vancouver is going to be there with the Kings and Vegas the entire season, that is a very good roster as well. I think the Kings and Canucks first round matchup is a strong possibility.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Cup Contenders? I'd wait to make that claim its only November 8th-9th and the play-offs and Cup Finals are 6-7 months away
You are correct of course. Anything can happen. I'm not saying we're definitely going to win or anything crazy like that.

I just meant that when the theme of the preseason from our upper management was "we are cup contenders" I was having a hard time not rolling my eyes. I'm a generally optimistic person but this seemed a tad crazy to me.

I just couldn't see a team with 2 aging legends, a variety of young players stuck in neutral, no goalie, and heavily invested in an aquired "superstar" who's prior two teams weren't that sad to see him go actually move into the top tier of NHL teams.

I was wrong. This is a good deep team and there are a few guys still in the minors that can help out too waiting for their chance.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
It kind of sucks for the Kings that Vancouver has gotten Edmonton 3 times while they are in this massive funk and the Kings haven't gotten them once yet, and don't get them until Dec 30th.

I'm guessing the Oilers figure things out sooner than later, but that won't change the fact that Vancouver got 6 points from them when they were in the dumps.

I do think Vancouver is going to be there with the Kings and Vegas the entire season, that is a very good roster as well. I think the Kings and Canucks first round matchup is a strong possibility.
That's a great point. The Canucks have (mostly) proven this isn't a mirage, but they are on a bit of a PDO bender at the moment. Just out of curiosity, I looked up the NHL remaining strength of schedule rankings on Tankathon. The Kings have the easiest remaining schedule in the league for the rest of the season. It's also great to see the Kings listed as one of the top 5 strongest opponents for the rest of the league.

NHL Remaining Schedule Strength | Tankathon

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

I thought I would reply so that you wouldn't create another separate thread like you did last season due to your bizarre and unhealthy obsession with me.

For somebody who always claims to "have a life" and "I have better things to do" when people ask you to have an actual debate, you sure do spend a lot of time on this forum contributing nothing.

Herby, prayers are with you and yours bud....

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
That's a great point. The Canucks have (mostly) proven this isn't a mirage, but they are on a bit of a PDO bender at the moment. Just out of curiosity, I looked up the NHL remaining strength of schedule rankings on Tankathon. The Kings have the easiest remaining schedule in the league for the rest of the season. It's also great to see the Kings listed as one of the top 5 strongest opponents for the rest of the league.

NHL Remaining Schedule Strength | Tankathon

Is that based on current points? If so, I would take it with a grain of salt, since I wouldn't expect Edmonton (who the Kings play 4 more times) to keep at this pace (36 points, lol).

Vancouver is built a lot different than the Kings, the Kings are just so deep up front and come at you in waves, while kind of lacking top end star talent and a stud goaltender. Vancouver has questionable depth but they have two of the best players in the world right now and I am a big believer in Demko (if he can stay healthy). They also got a huge gift from Yzerman, Hronek was the perfect partner for Hughes.

I think a Kings-Canucks series would be a hell of a go if it were to happen.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

I thought I would reply so that you wouldn't create another separate thread like you did last season due to your bizarre and unhealthy obsession with me and other people here.

Respect the Love Bug! Thanks for bringing your knowledge and observations to this board every time.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Is that based on current points? If so, I would take it with a grain of salt, since I wouldn't expect Edmonton (who the Kings play 4 more times) to keep at this pace (36 points, lol).

Vancouver is built a lot different than the Kings, the Kings are just so deep up front and come at you in waves, while kind of lacking top end star talent and a stud goaltender. Vancouver has questionable depth but they have two of the best players in the world right now and I am a big believer in Demko (if he can stay healthy). They also got a huge gift from Yzerman, Hronek was the perfect partner for Hughes.

This is still such a bizarre trade.....it never made sense from the start for Detroit

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021

That's horrible. Reach out if you ever need to vent.

Reactions: David Lunch

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Edmonton's timing has been terrible. If you are going to have a terrible luck and poor streak, it's better if it happens against the great teams. They have strong underlying metrics and will bounce back somewhat, but they'll have to do it against the better teams in the league. Much more likely to lose those even if a team is playing well.

I'm hoping that SJ doesn't win tonight, a coaching change might wake the OIlers up.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
At the moment Kings are third in the Pacific and 5th in the league. (In points) Not a bad start to the season

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

that's....quite a pace :laugh:

Yeah the strength of schedule thing is nice if it only confirms we've performed well against beasts as a whole.

It's tough to project 'easiest' since a lot of the struggling teams will figure it out (who can ever forget Arizona's yearly end-season runs), or play loose with nothing to lose, or are just our rivals who always play us tight anyway. But it's still very nice to know we've been hanging around with the best.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Ouch. I can't imagine what you are going through.

I hope that things are as easy as possible for you during what has to be a horribly tough time.
I think I speak for everyone except Axl Foley that we all appreciate what you do here and wish the best for you.

If you ever need someone to talk to, or if you ever need some distractive humor reach out bro.
pure class.
have a good veterans day
usn

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille