GDT: 2023-24 season game 10 LA Kings vs Ottawa Senators @4:00pm 11/2/23

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Stutzle didn't score and only has two goals on the season. Obvious bust, Sentors should have drafted Byfield.

:dumbo:
Screen Shot 2023-11-03 at 6.00.48 AM.png

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This was also a game where you wonder if you should trust your eyes more, or trust the data more.

It felt like OTT was getting a bunch of quality chances, but when you look at the shot map LA absolutely destroyed them in high danger shots.

La def had the volume but still had some absolutely catastrophic breakdowns

Was pretty close to being one of those 'snatch defeat from the jaws of victory' games. But a young dangerous team will do that, it's not like they're playing tight, guys will cheat.

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Is there a way to look up number of posts/crossbars hit for an NHL player??

It feels like Fiala hits a post nearly every game. I'd bet he's top 5 in the NHL right now in posts hit.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This was the most interesting part of the nite for me. Stutzle lucky to escape w his brains unscrambled. Even after the flop I dont want to see that hit connect

He leaves his feet (barely) after the point he would have made contact without the flop down, no flop and at least the right foot stays planted. Had Stutzle taken the hit it looks clean to me. Watch England’s leg, it nearly buckles after him because of the flop. Should have been boarding on Stutzle. Chicken s##t stuff.

I frequently criticise bad hits, no matter who makes then. Englund did nothing wrong here.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
He leaves his feet (barely) after the point he would have made contact without the flop down, no flop and at least the right foot stays planted. Had Stutzle taken the hit it looks clean to me. Watch England’s leg, it nearly buckles after him because of the flop. Should have been boarding on Stutzle. Chicken s##t stuff.

I frequently criticise bad hits, no matter who makes then. Englund did nothing wrong here.
How is that a flop? He clearly lost his balance when he backed into the boards.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Byfields got something. Maybe a hockey person can explain it better, but it's like a deceptive first stride or a good stick... I don't know.
I think it might be that he can pick up speed while being agile rather than chopping it up north south for acceleration only. But I know what you mean. He’s agile in acceleration.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Need him and Fiala to be broken up.

It doesn't work, and Laf hasn't looked good lately either, probably the worst forward on the team for the past few games. None of those guys have built chemistry, it's gotten worse. No one wants to take control on that line and it shows.

Something is off with Fiala too, he's lost a step.

The team has stuck with the lines which is great as they've been winning, but I think Fiala, PLD, and Kempe need to be jumbled to get them going. Maybe try a Fiala/Kempe swap. The only line that's consistently trucking is the 4th. The Danault line has been solid but it wouldn't hurt to try Arty somewhere else either.
Yeah, that makes sense. Especially when you consider he loses the puck more easily as of late it’s not normal of him. If he’s injured or sick, he needs to get back on track.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
This was the most interesting part of the nite for me. Stutzle lucky to escape w his brains unscrambled. Even after the flop I dont want to see that hit connect

Wasn't able to watch last night but that was f***ing awesome. Kings haven't had a defenseman unafraid to take huge runs at the best players on the other team since MacDermid and not since McNabb when we are talking about an every day player.

3-2 in the 3rd period so I understand the soft response from Ottawa, but that is the same shit I hate seeing the Kings do: especially early in the season. Huge fan of the Tkachuks but Brady should have really went after Englund there instead of pretending to do something.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
If they aren't going to call the dives, I hope Stutzle injures himself on his next attempt. Not career-ending or anything, but maybe a really bad hangnail that hurts like hell with his gloves on.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If they aren't going to call the dives, I hope Stutzle injures himself on his next attempt. Not career-ending or anything, but maybe a really bad hangnail that hurts like hell with his gloves on.

I hope he gives himself an atomic wedgie and goes up an octave

Wasn't able to watch last night but that was f***ing awesome. Kings haven't had a defenseman unafraid to take huge runs at the best players on the other team since MacDermid and not since McNabb when we are talking about an every day player.

3-2 in the 3rd period so I understand the soft response from Ottawa, but that is the same shit I hate seeing the Kings do: especially early in the season. Huge fan of the Tkachuks but Brady should have really went after Englund there instead of pretending to do something.

It's so true.

All I can think of is that they though the refs were going to hook them up yet again, and hard to blame them after all the hometown coddling and letting the fans make the calls

was very nice to see the f*** you from Englund, if someone is gonna dive all night, keep your stick off them and just light them up

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022

The hit looked worse than it was actually...JSCristos Stutzle fell on his ass before Englund made contact so Andreas was hitting the boards really

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I know we have this "rivalry" with the Sens, but I thought they played well last night. They certainly had more fight and played us much better than Toronto.
After that game, I am still concerned about our lack of ability to hold a lead.

I don't think eitter goal was Talbot's fault, but we gotta lock those leads down like a chastity belt

Reactions: SettlementRichie10

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
It's a joy to watch this team. Not even close to a peak, speaking about few players, but scarry strong as a whole. It should be 5-2 at least. The 2nd goal was brutal when Kopi was hit in the jaw. Philly is next and they sholud be worried
Any word on how Kopi is...I know he came out and played after but something like a blast up high to the neck,face,jaw area always worries me and pisses me off that players can't keep there f***ing shot down,JSCristos!

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022

Englund hit the boards,Stutzle was down kissing the ice actually...so I agree with you,nothing wrong with the hit!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad