GDT: 2023-24 season game 10 LA Kings vs Ottawa Senators @4:00pm 11/2/23

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Flop? He clearly was trying to get out of the way and lost an edge. Jesus some of you prove you’ve never had a pair of skates on and played the game.
I still think it was a result of avoiding and not bracing for the hit. He had his weight back not forward, which is why he lost his edge and his legs went away from the boards. The natural shift in weight after the play was forward. His history makes my first reaction think it may have been intentional. I accept I don’t know that as fact.

I don’t need to share my hockey resume, you’re way off base on that one. Besides saying I haven’t had skates on is a weak argument… I have for the record. Plenty on people that have never played are far more knowledgeable than either of us (or anyone on this board).

Reactions: King'sPawn

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Plenty on people that have never played are far more knowledgeable than either of us (or anyone on this board).
Maybe thats true. The biggest thing someone thats never played could never realize is how little space there is on the ice especially as you get to higher and higher levels of play. Its easy to watch on tv and say a player shoulda done this or that. But the reality on the ice is a lot of the time you cant see a play. You sense (hockey iq?) where your teammates are or rely on the system to know where to place pucks and be for positioning.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I would argue those of us that HAVE played moderately high levels of hockey ARE pretty qualified to talk about why it's more dangerous to bail on a hit than eat it.

But sure, let's attack people instead of the idea.

Stutzle was doing that all night, I'm not sure I've seen a guy more contact-averse since Roenick. That's why he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me. He realized he was on the train tracks for Englund. He heard the footsteps and tried to move.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Nick Nickson was in the Sopranos

Attachments

• IMG_7135.png
    IMG_7135.png
    735.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7136.png
    IMG_7136.png
    430.2 KB · Views: 4

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Maybe thats true. The biggest thing someone thats never played could never realize is how little space there is on the ice especially as you get to higher and higher levels of play. Its easy to watch on tv and say a player shoulda done this or that. But the reality on the ice is a lot of the time you cant see a play. You sense (hockey iq?) where your teammates are or rely on the system to know where to place pucks and be for positioning.

Not only lack of space/time.....but honestly the slightest movement shift of balance, can turn you on your ass in no time quick, I remember I was literally just out for skate with friends, stopped on the redline, was looking around, and ended up on my ass....the culprit, myself, I shifted to turn and wasn't paying attention, and skates went right out from under me.

On the Stultze hit, no f***ing way was he intentionally trying to avoid it, he straight out fell.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad