Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Id be pretty disappointed if with around 27 million or so cap space heading into the 24-25 season their only improvement up front was Merkulov. I would think the bruins would be improving their Center position this off-season or before than just relying on Merkulov, as their only move.
That 25 first round pick will be a good one at least

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Id be pretty disappointed if with around 27 million or so cap space heading into the 24-25 season their only improvement up front was Merkulov. I would think the bruins would be improving their Center position this off-season or before than just relying on Merkulov, as their only move.
Yeah but at least poor ol' JJ gets to pocket "$20-23" MILLION. Look at all of the wonderful things he's done building up the area. He's up there with Mother Theresa in his philanthropic endeavors for the city of Boston. God Bless Him!

• Haha
Reactions: TCB

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I think Carlo blows so you are asking the wrong person, you wouldn't like my answer lol
I like honesty even when it blows.........haha

They can’t because they have $26 M and my lineup barely uses any

But since the Jacobs have given us 15 years of fantastic hockey and developed the surrounding area maybe it would be a nice thank you to save him 20-23 M
I hope you are joking..........

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How close do you think this lineup will look compared to the lineup after the trade deadline? This should be the direction the Bruins go in, but it's hard to get a read on what management will do this season.
yup very hard to figure out

Maybe go after Elias Lindholm or try and get Eichel who’s 2 years away and has nothing to prove in Vegas

Lysell hits and Poitras takes a step Bruins in very good place

RW
Pastrnak
Lysell
Geekie

C
Zacha ?
Coyle
Poitras
Boqvist
Beecher
Merkulov

LW
Marchand
Zacha
Freddy
Heinen

Assuming DeBrusk gone

I keep both goalies

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Xxxx- Regula

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Agreed, the biggest issue with this team is a lack of identity and Seeler is the type of guy who would help them towards that “tough to play against” style Neely preaches for
The last guy Neely went to bat for signing was probably
Zac Rinaldo. Not sure if anyone has asked his opinion on
player acquisitions since then.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yeah but at least poor ol' JJ gets to pocket "$20-23" MILLION. Look at all of the wonderful things he's done building up the area. He's up there with Mother Theresa in his philanthropic endeavors for the city of Boston. God Bless Him!
Realistically thou. The Bruins should have a whole new look heading into next season. With a very likely possibility of James van Riemsdyk and Danton Heinen, Matt Grzelcyk, Derek Forbort and Kevin Shattenkirk, Debrusk and Ullmark all being off the books and elsewhere.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It can't be Carlo if Hanifin came- your right side would look like McAvoy-shit-shit right now. It would require a deal to get 2nd pair RD and you have on in Carlo already.

Yes but maybe that’s a good thing, depending on who they bring in to replace Carlo.

I like Carlo and have made peace with the fact that he’s an effective player who isn’t physical.

But, if they did something like:

Hanifin - McAvoy
Lindholm - Physical Carlo Replacement
Lohrei - Regula/Wotherspoon

Maybe that’s the right move?

Again, I can live with Carlo and I’m not clamoring to move him or Lindholm….but if they decided to move either one, there is a way to do it.

Reactions: Dr Hook and Gordoff

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA

After an ugly 5-1 loss to the New York Islanders last night (March 2), it is clear that the Boston Bruins have some decisions to make at the 2024 NHL Trade Deadline. Their recent struggles have shown that they need to make some additions to their group for the upcoming postseason. Cam Neely recently said that "adding a stiff defender would be good" for the Bruins.

When looking at the current trade market, one defenseman who could provide the Bruins with just that is Nick Seeler of the Philadelphia Flyers. The Minnesota native is quietly having an excellent season playing top-four minutes with Philadelphia, and he could give the Bruins a big boost because of it.

Seeler, 30, has appeared in 62 games this season, where he has one goal, 12 points, 181 blocks, 110 hits, and a plus-15 rating. He has been a workhorse on the Flyers' blue line, and the Bruins would benefit from adding a player like that to their group before the deadline passes.

If the Bruins acquired Seeler, he would help improve their struggling left side and would be an option for their second pairing. Along with that, his aggressiveness and steady defensive play would make him an obvious choice for their penalty kill.

The 6-foot-3 defenseman also has an easily affordable $775,000 cap hit, so it would not be hard for the Bruins to fit him in financially. Thus, he may be the perfect trade target for Boston right now.

I'm not sure how Seeler is getting top 4 minutes with under 17 minutes per game, which is 5th most on the Flyers.

It would be nice to have more snarl for the 3LD, but why would Philly trade him while they are fighting for a playoff spot?

I mean, if they'll trade him 1 for 1 for Forbort, I'm in, but this isn't a good look:

You might want to tie up that guys stick in front #24.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It baffles me reading “if they get Hanifin they can move Carlo”.. HOW? They play different positions. It bothers me more than it should

Two reasons….

1. They can trade for a Carlo replacement
2. They can sign a Carlo replacement via FA

Now, maybe the better play is to move Lindholm if Hanifin comes here….but Carlo might be easier to move b/c of Contract.

Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yes but maybe that’s a good thing, depending on who they bring in to replace Carlo.

I like Carlo and have made peace with the fact that he’s an effective player who isn’t physical.

Hanifin - McAvoy

Again, I can live with Carlo and I’m not clamoring to move him or Lindholm….but if they decided to move either one, there is a way to do it.

For starters if they brought in a couple of McQuaid/Miller/Boychuk likes, people wont be as conscience that Carlo needs to be that big badass back there. He's not that type of player. He's a very good solid number 4 defenseman, trading him and not getting a reliable top 4 right-side defenseman back or having one in the pipeline would be down right lunacy imo.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Hanifin - McAvoy

Trade Lindholm here today and your trading him for pennies on the dollar compared to what they gave up to get him less than 2 years ago.

Who is this "Physical Carlo Replacement"? Does that player even exist who is somewhat proven and also available?

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Carlo is a huge part of the team's veteran leadership and very much loved in the locker room. Not saying they don't need a shakeup, but we've gotta be careful to not do something rash that would send us spiralling even further.

If we agree we're definitely starting to veer into choker territory (something I resisted quite a while), I'm not even so sure I mind a leadership shakeup. As always, depends what's coming back the other way.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Did GW say that? Seeler is a good start toward that end IMO.
I heard one of the talking heads say he was looking for a contract starting with a 5 when the Flyers were at like 3. That would be awful overpayment, but he's maybe becoming a decent 2nd pair?

Reactions: Gordoff

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Try to move DeBrusk, JVR, Heinen, Boqvist, Grzelcyk, Forbort, and Shattenkirk. Listen to offers or make a hockey trade involving Frederic, Zacha, or Ullmark.

Call up the kids and get them some playoff expierence.
Not a chance they do any of that. I anticipate a few small moves to add with maybe like Gryz or jdb going out for salary purposes. They won’t trade vets to try kids in the post season

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
I think everything should be on the table if they go one and done again,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad