Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If Neely thinks Nick Seeler and his 5 freakin' playoff games of experience can help this squad he's out to lunch.

How can they deal Carlo when they basically have NOTHING in the pipeline as far as right-shot D-men go? Like the right-shot D cupboard is pretty barren and that's not an exaggeration.
It baffles me reading “if they get Hanifin they can move Carlo”.. HOW? They play different positions. It bothers me more than it should

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
He struggled with off-ice issues the past two seasons. His passing and PK ability wouldn't be that high if he fell of a cliff. What are Forbort's and Grzelcyk's JFresh cards?

Bringing in Kuz is exactly how you maintain the Chara/Bergeron culture.
I wonder what Bergeron and Chara would be saying in the locker room with the amount of no-shows the Bruins have had this season, if they would even allow it. Kuznetsov was released from the NHL player assistance program. If he's not going to be a detriment, I think he's worth taking a flyer on.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I agree except on Marchand. One problem that this team has is the over use of the top players. Now I get that they should play more than the others, especially since the lack of consistency in production, but they are getting gassed. You can see it in games. When they are fresh, they are a different player. Just IMO.
My intent was not to trash Marchand, but at his age you are right why is he still killing penalties, Everyone want Loheri to play top 4 minutes although I am not sure he is ready for that role on a consistent basis, but Beecher who played on the PK and did well on face offs is in Providence, makes zero sense. I get he has growing to do but a 4th line, pk player is more valuable to taking some of the load off Marchand .

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Who do you replace him with ?
Carlo for Chychrun? Change if scenery trade for both. If the defense had anybody tough on it Carlo's lack of physical play wouldn't be as noticeable, but when you are his size and play as soft as he does, on this team especially, it is very noticeable

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
This D when they get pressured turn into the Keystone Cops and this goes back to the Florida series especially the last 3 games of the series.
That is a different statement, I asked who is taking Carlos place when you move him, and what will the cap hit be.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
My intent was not to trash Marchand, but at his age you are right why is he still killing penalties, Everyone want Loheri to play top 4 minutes although I am not sure he is ready for that role on a consistent basis, but Beecher who played on the PK and did well on face offs is in Providence, makes zero sense. I get he has growing to do but a 4th line, pk player is more valuable to taking some of the load off Marchand .
Beecher is 22, Monty gets physically ill at the idea of playing him.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I don’t want to trade Carlo or Lindholm for the sake of trading them.

But if Hanifin came here and they felt Lohrei was top 4 ready, moving one of them could strengthen other areas.
Loheri is not ready, maybe next year or the year after , but until then even if you get Hanafin, you want to keep McAvoy, Carlo, and Lindholm . That is a sideways move to move Lindholm or Carlo to make room for Hanifin who is going to be a bigger cap hit then either of those two. In the future if Loheri is ready maybe you can think about moving Lindholm. You never have enough Defense.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I wanted Seeler here last season. Although I didn’t complain when Sweeney acquired Orlov instead.

Seeler has an Andrew Ference vibe to him. Solid dman, nothing particularly that stands out. Just rugged & always sticks up for his teammates. I’d welcome him here. He might be a great fit with Carlo. Give Carlo a little confidence knowing his linemate has his back.
Trade for Seeler and sign him long term, also try to get Laughton, he is more of what we have at center in terms of talent (another 3rd liner) but has real leadership skills. Send them JDB and Grizz plus picks/prospects.

If Jake thought Cassidy was tough wait until he gets to deal with Torts.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Carlo for Chychrun? Change if scenery trade for both. If the defense had anybody tough on it Carlo's lack of physical play wouldn't be as noticeable, but when you are his size and play as soft as he does, on this team especially, it is very noticeable
Some of you are like a broken record with Carlos lack of physicality, although I think I have seen more of this year. I would not be against a Chyckrun add. Some posters love ripping Carlo, but are the same posters that are on the Brazeau band wagon.

Beecher is 22, Monty gets physically ill at the idea of playing him.
So are you telling me that Monty is coaching for his job from game to game.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Forbort + Grzelcyk for Kuznetsov (WSH retains difference in cap and deals Grzelcyk and Forbort for picks)

JVR traded for the best pick. His contract and production could be attractive to a playoff team.

Call up Lysell

DeBrusk traded for a defenseman or the return is used to trade for a defenseman

Trade for a physical bottom 6 forward and let everyone else on the team fight for the 4 remaining bottom 6 forward positions.

Zacha - Kuznetsov - Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Lysell
Frederic/Geekie/X
X - X - X
X = Boqvist, Heinen, Beecher, Brazeau, Lauko, McLaughlin, Trade

Lindholm/Trade - McAvoy
Trade/Lindholm - Carlo
Lohrei/Shattenkirk/Wotherspoon
Absurdity is that your call card for a reason ?

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
24-25

Zacha- Merkulov - Pastrnak
Heinen - Poitras - Geekie
Frederic - Boqvist - Beecher

Could probably flip Merk & Poitras but I would love to see Merk with the two Czechs

Has eyes in back of head

Unfortunately Monty will be under self pressure and most Bruins fans have no idea this kid is legit good

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
24-25

Could probably flip Merk & Poitras but I would love to see Merk with the two Czechs

Has eyes in back of head

Unfortunately Monty will be under self pressure and most Bruins fans have no idea this kid is legit good
I would be shocked if this team actually commits to a retool to this extent and plays this many kids at once. They probably should, but I don't think they will.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
HUH!!!!!!!

You used the phrase “coaching for his job” which I always find funny when someone uses it because every single coach that gets paid should be coaching for their job because it’s literally their job to coach.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

After an ugly 5-1 loss to the New York Islanders last night (March 2), it is clear that the Boston Bruins have some decisions to make at the 2024 NHL Trade Deadline. Their recent struggles have shown that they need to make some additions to their group for the upcoming postseason. Cam Neely recently said that "adding a stiff defender would be good" for the Bruins.

When looking at the current trade market, one defenseman who could provide the Bruins with just that is Nick Seeler of the Philadelphia Flyers. The Minnesota native is quietly having an excellent season playing top-four minutes with Philadelphia, and he could give the Bruins a big boost because of it.

Seeler, 30, has appeared in 62 games this season, where he has one goal, 12 points, 181 blocks, 110 hits, and a plus-15 rating. He has been a workhorse on the Flyers' blue line, and the Bruins would benefit from adding a player like that to their group before the deadline passes.

If the Bruins acquired Seeler, he would help improve their struggling left side and would be an option for their second pairing. Along with that, his aggressiveness and steady defensive play would make him an obvious choice for their penalty kill.

The 6-foot-3 defenseman also has an easily affordable $775,000 cap hit, so it would not be hard for the Bruins to fit him in financially. Thus, he may be the perfect trade target for Boston right now.

You need to be the most delusional person in the world to believe we are one defender away to be a good team.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I would be shocked if this team actually commits to a retool to this extent and plays this many kids at once. They probably should, but I don't think they will.
They have no need to commit to a retool like that, they have plenty of cap in the offseason to build the team how they see fit

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They can’t because they have $26 M and my lineup barely uses any

But since the Jacobs have given us 15 years of fantastic hockey and developed the surrounding area maybe it would be a nice thank you to save him 20-23 M

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
They can’t because they have $26 M and my lineup barely uses any

But since the Jacobs have given us 15 years of fantastic hockey and developed the surrounding area maybe it would be a nice thank you to save him 20-23 M
Not sure who they are going to spend that money on? FA market stinks

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
24-25

Has eyes in back of head

Id be pretty disappointed if with around 27 million or so cap space heading into the 24-25 season their only improvement up front was Merkulov. I would think the bruins would be improving their Center position this off-season or before than just relying on Merkulov, as their only move.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
24-25

Has eyes in back of head

How close do you think this lineup will look compared to the lineup after the trade deadline? This should be the direction the Bruins go in, but it's hard to get a read on what management will do this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad