Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Now do Frederic and Marchand.
Ouuu Ouuu let me!!!

63 has 1 assist in his last 5 games!
11 has 2 assists in his last 5 games!
Marchand proven, he's a star in the league and a future Hall of Famer.You know he's going to produce ! Frederic plays on the 3rd and 4th lines and plays the roll as the Bruins Heavy-weight out there as well, despite only being a middle weight. and on top of that he's managed more goals and Points than Debrusk.

Debrusk on the other-hand is a pending UFA who Sweeney needs to make a decision on, me personally I would of sent him packing back when he was asking out, and openly asked for a trade. I just don't see a guy who truly wants to be a Bruin, Marchand and Frederic, they both want the spoked B on their chest. Jake on the other hand, I think he has admirations of being back in Alberta.

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Poor brad looks like the wheels have finally caught up to the guy after the a/s brake.

Freddy at least looks to be battling and looks like he has the puck when he's out there.

Jake knows he's gone so I would rear to much into his play

Unfortunately for Brad he’s had a decent drop off in recent years during the 2nd half the season. He’s being asked to do too much at his age.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Carlo at 4mil and you want to move him, that's a head scratcher, Lindholm at some point maybe when Loheri rounds out his game , he is not there yet as some like to believe. I also would not mind Seeing Hanifin Boston, but not breaking the bank for him sorry, especially with so much Florida talk. I have said many time before you can never have enough D-man and I not moving a Carlo out to bring one in.
Carlo single handedly cause two goals against last night with he's brain dead roll the puck around the boards for no reason other than being afraid of being hit.

Want to shake up the core? see ya Carlo

Reactions: Zillah and Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
No Hanifin is a LH defensemen. Just looking at all options if they do sign for him. Bruins would roughly have $24 million in 3 defensemen with NTC's That's roughly 29% of your cap.

You do if you want a first line center and cap relief.
Plug one hole, and open up another........

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
You do your home work there ! Gorton made a many of trades that improved his teams over the years.
You mentioned Monahan did you? what team did he get traded from? The garbage Habs the team he is the GM, like I said what player did he bring in to help the HABS better?

Its easy to play chess when you are sitting there watching teams around you making the playoffs and need to add pieces to win.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Ullmark to NJD for Holtz and 2025 2nd

BOS 2025 1st, Merkulov, Gryz, Beecher to Calgary for Hanifin

Harrison to MN for Duhaime

That’s my dream deadline.

Holtz Zacha Pastrnak
Marchand Coyle DeBrusk
JVR Geekie Frederic
Heinen Boqvist Duhaime

Lindholm McAvoy
Hanifin Carlo
Lorhei Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Re-sign DeBrusk, Hanifin, Wotherspoon, and Duhaime

Next year add Lysell and Poitras.

Still have 5ish million to play with a full roster.

Edit: obviously if there is something better than DeBrusk, feel free to let him walk. But be wary that Lorhei and Frederic will need raises the next offseason.
I think DeBrusk is gone, JVR and Heinen good value this year but will not so next, Geekie and Freddy will be needing new contracts they are younger and maybe maturing to positive hockey players, priorities their contracts. I also do not think Marchand is a top 6 player, hurts to say it but my eyes tell the story. They are going to have some cap money spend wisely should be the plan.

Habs got a 1st for Monahan, what's the market for JVR?
I think they should find out.

Reactions: SPV and Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I think DeBrusk is gone, JVR and Heinen good value this year but will not so next, Geekie and Freddy will be needing new contracts they are younger and maybe maturing to positive hockey players, priorities their contracts. I also do not think Marchand is a top 6 player, hurts to say it but my eyes tell the story. They are going to have some cap money spend wisely should be the plan.

right on

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

I agree except on Marchand. One problem that this team has is the over use of the top players. Now I get that they should play more than the others, especially since the lack of consistency in production, but they are getting gassed. You can see it in games. When they are fresh, they are a different player. Just IMO.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Although I want to see trades, I like trades and its part of the business and these guys make Millions of dollars doing what they do and the possibility of being dealt or the thought of being traded, is part of the package, Sure It can be disruptive for them and their families something we all forget about, but give me their God given talent and a million dollar bank account and Ill gladly deal with being dealt or the threat of being traded.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Carlo single handedly cause two goals against last night with he's brain dead roll the puck around the boards for no reason other than being afraid of being hit.

Want to shake up the core? see ya Carlo
Who do you replace him with ?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Carlo at 4mil and you want to move him, that's a head scratcher, Lindholm at some point maybe when Loheri rounds out his game , he is not there yet as some like to believe. I also would not mind Seeing Hanifin Boston, but not breaking the bank for him sorry, especially with so much Florida talk. I have said many time before you can never have enough D-man and I not moving a Carlo out to bring one in.
I don’t want to trade Carlo or Lindholm for the sake of trading them.

But if Hanifin came here and they felt Lohrei was top 4 ready, moving one of them could strengthen other areas.

Reactions: SPV and Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don’t want to trade Carlo or Lindholm for the sake of trading them.

But if Hanifin came here and they felt Lohrei was top 4 ready, moving one of them could strengthen other areas.

It can't be Carlo if Hanifin came- your right side would look like McAvoy-shit-shit right now. It would require a deal to get 2nd pair RD and you have on in Carlo already.

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
Let’s take a look at some guys since the break.

Ullmark/Sway- Below average. Bailed the team out in the first half. Sway has been borderline bad

McAvoy- Simply trying to do too much. Definitely playing through something.

Carlo- Soft as puppy poo. Worth keeping for 4 mill but my god is he infuriating

Marchand- Not a top 6 forward on a serious cup contending team. Age catching up and Inhave a sneaky suspicion that hip is bothering him

JVR- USELESS unless it’s a PP

DeBrusk/Gryz- Don’t want to see either in a Bs sweater again

Frederic- Ghost lately. Seems like he thinks he’s a big goal scorer now so he doesn’t have to play physical.

Pasta- Love him but my god at least try to look like you care.

Shatty/Forbort/Spoon- They all stink. Spoon at least try’s to hit someone but simply isn’t good.

Lohrei- Keep letting him learn. Abysmal in his own end. Poor coaching is an issue here.

This team is in big time trouble imo. The coach is totally clueless. His idea of an adjustment is making panic line combo changes 50 times a game.

This is not a team worth adding to. Try to re-coup draft capital with DeBrusk/JVR//Gryz/Ullmark. Call up Lysell Merk Regula. They can’t be any worse than what we’re seeing. Hell, maybe something will click.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If Neely thinks Nick Seeler and his 5 freakin' playoff games of experience can help this squad he's out to lunch.
It can't be Carlo if Hanifin came- your right side would look like McAvoy-shit-shit right now. It would require a deal to get 2nd pair RD and you have on in Carlo already.

How can they deal Carlo when they basically have NOTHING in the pipeline as far as right-shot D-men go? Like the right-shot D cupboard is pretty barren and that's not an exaggeration.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If Neely thinks Nick Seeler and his 5 freakin' playoff games of experience can help this squad he's out to lunch.

How can they deal Carlo when they basically have NOTHING in the pipeline as far as right-shot D-men go? Like the right-shot D cupboard is pretty barren and that's not an exaggeration.

Yeah, at that point you are hoping Regula or Walsh has some kind of miraculous surge from AHL to top 4 NHL D man overnight. Carlo won't be dealt, I am sure of it- not unless they find another 2nd pair RD somehow. Seeler feels like a Stempniak/Stafford kind of move if they make it: another body for depth which they won't likely need as I am finding it hard right now to see this team getting out of round 1.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

After an ugly 5-1 loss to the New York Islanders last night (March 2), it is clear that the Boston Bruins have some decisions to make at the 2024 NHL Trade Deadline. Their recent struggles have shown that they need to make some additions to their group for the upcoming postseason. Cam Neely recently said that "adding a stiff defender would be good" for the Bruins.

When looking at the current trade market, one defenseman who could provide the Bruins with just that is Nick Seeler of the Philadelphia Flyers. The Minnesota native is quietly having an excellent season playing top-four minutes with Philadelphia, and he could give the Bruins a big boost because of it.

Seeler, 30, has appeared in 62 games this season, where he has one goal, 12 points, 181 blocks, 110 hits, and a plus-15 rating. He has been a workhorse on the Flyers' blue line, and the Bruins would benefit from adding a player like that to their group before the deadline passes.

If the Bruins acquired Seeler, he would help improve their struggling left side and would be an option for their second pairing. Along with that, his aggressiveness and steady defensive play would make him an obvious choice for their penalty kill.

The 6-foot-3 defenseman also has an easily affordable $775,000 cap hit, so it would not be hard for the Bruins to fit him in financially. Thus, he may be the perfect trade target for Boston right now.

Get him and a legit center, and physical forward and go to town.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
We should be selling.

It was a fun season for a while but we have been clearly overachieving in a re-build year.

Re-coup some assets, shed some cap. They aren’t winning this year, focus on next year.

Ullmark, debrusk, Frederic, JVR, lauko, gryz, forbort, any pending ufa or bottom 6 forward should be on the block.

Bring up some of the prospects and get some some reps at nhl speed.

The wheels have fallen off on this year. Time to tow the truck to the mechanic and get some new parts.

Reactions: bbfan419

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Forbort + Grzelcyk for Kuznetsov (WSH retains difference in cap and deals Grzelcyk and Forbort for picks)

JVR traded for the best pick. His contract and production could be attractive to a playoff team.

Call up Lysell

DeBrusk traded for a defenseman or the return is used to trade for a defenseman

Trade for a physical bottom 6 forward and let everyone else on the team fight for the 4 remaining bottom 6 forward positions.

Zacha - Kuznetsov - Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Lysell
Frederic/Geekie/X
X - X - X
X = Boqvist, Heinen, Beecher, Brazeau, Lauko, McLaughlin, Trade

Lindholm/Trade - McAvoy
Trade/Lindholm - Carlo
Lohrei/Shattenkirk/Wotherspoon

Reactions: bbfan419

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

I wanted Seeler here last season. Although I didn’t complain when Sweeney acquired Orlov instead.

Seeler has an Andrew Ference vibe to him. Solid dman, nothing particularly that stands out. Just rugged & always sticks up for his teammates. I’d welcome him here. He might be a great fit with Carlo. Give Carlo a little confidence knowing his linemate has his back.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Forbort + Grzelcyk for Kuznetsov (WSH retains difference in cap and deals Grzelcyk and Forbort for picks)

JVR traded for the best pick. His contract and production could be attractive to a playoff team.

Call up Lysell

Trade for a physical bottom 6 forward and let everyone else on the team fight for the 4 remaining bottom 6 forward positions.

Frederic/Geekie/X
X - X - X

Lindholm/Trade - McAvoy
Trade/Lindholm - Carlo
This guy? Really?

03DD37A0-27A8-4806-8C50-29E03CB79C44.jpeg

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Call up Lysell

Frederic/Geekie/X
X - X - X

Lindholm/Trade - McAvoy
Trade/Lindholm - Carlo

Bringing in Kuz is exactly how you maintain the Chara/Bergeron culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad