Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Did GW say that? Seeler is a good start toward that end IMO.

Nope, MSN report. I agree he is a good player, but I don't think he is gonna be cheap and I'm not willing to spend assets on rentals. Unless they are doing what I've suggested: trade #74, #28 and #48 get whatever they can ang get cheap, but energy guys.

Reactions: bbfan419

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Other issue is what happens if Swayman keeps trending to .920 and Ulmark to .905.

Right now it's .919 and .909. One more game like recently and Linus is gonna be around .905

A 50-50 split makes little sense in that world of razor tight competition, specially in the playoffs.

Reactions: TCB and Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Other issue is what happens if Swayman keeps trending to .920 and Ulmark to .905.

Right now it's .919 and .909. One more game like recently and Linus is gonna be around .905

A 50-50 split makes little sense in that world of razor tight competition, specially in the playoffs.
Exactly! Say Swayman starts game one has a 38 save shutout performance, Montgomery would be a fool to go with Ullmark in game two.

Now I have no problem keeping both of them the rest of this season, but come the offseason a move needs to be made, imo.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Off season if Hanifin comes here and they decide that they want to revamp the defense to add a little toughness and they feel Lohrei is ready, they can move him or Lindholm.

It’s not a must do…..just an option.

Again Lindholm might be the better option but Carlo might be the easier guy to move.

Personally, I’d be fine with just adding Hanifin to the current mix, but they do need to add some thump to the back end.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
But you need to make sure Swayman will sign before giving up Linus, big risk otherwise to end up with neither of them come the off season:oops:
That's where it gets a little complicated as far as dealing Ullmark. Imo I think Swayman signs here and he's an RFA, but its no guarantee. The longer Sweeney waits on Dealing linus the less leverage he has because other teams know he needs to move him or lose out on Bussi and with Swayman more than likely getting a big raise your not going to spend that kind of money on two goalies, but if U cant come to an agreement with Swayman as you said then what ? lol. its Too bad Sweeney hasn't gotten ahead of the game on this one and has a signed Swayman already.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Trade Lindholm here today and your trading him for pennies on the dollar compared to what they gave up to get him less than 2 years ago.

Who is this "Physical Carlo Replacement"? Does that player even exist who is somewhat proven and also available?

This isn’t a deadline idea…this is an off season suggestion provided Hanifin comes here.

Lots of things happen in the off season.
For starters if they brought in a couple of McQuaid/Miller/Boychuk likes, people wont be as conscience that Carlo needs to be that big badass back there. He's not that type of player. He's a very good solid number 4 defenseman, trading him and not getting a reliable top 4 right-side defenseman back or having one in the pipeline would be down right lunacy imo.

Again not suggesting they trade him just to trade him.

But if Hanifin signed here, a case could be made that with Lohrei’s emergence and the relative softness of every defenseman aside from your #1 and #6 (Witherspoon?) that moving Carlo or Lindholm and replacing them with a Middleton type might be the right move.

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
IIRC he's at $775K

He is this year and a UFA at the end of the year. I wouldn't be opposed to him as a rental, but no way would I want to lock him up into his mid 30's for any price . He is a solid 3rd pairing guy, but I don't want to give 3rd pairing guys term or more than 1-1.5 million.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It's hard to win with ok middle center depth. You need above average.
my mother used to tell me ‘good centers don’t go on trees’

Remember games 3 & 4 in Florida no 37 or 46 and Coyle & Zacha were very good and Bruins spanked them by 10-4

When Bergeron & Krejci came back and Monty coached like he had never seen a hockey game that’s when they go beat

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed, the biggest issue with this team is a lack of identity and Seeler is the type of guy who would help them towards that “tough to play against” style Neely preaches for
That’s why we need Lysell & Poitras to hit - smaller skilled guys like Montreal used to have good identity

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Remember games 3 & 4 in Florida no 37 or 46 and Coyle & Zacha were very good and Bruins spanked them by 10-4

When Bergeron & Krejci came back and Monty coached like he had never seen a hockey game that’s when they go beat
Wise hockey coach, that mom.

Reactions: lopey

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

the fact that they were in on lindholm if an extension was a possibility tells me they aren't settled with the center
position just yet. he's not a #1, but more of a 1B if playing with skilled guys. issue is his asking price on july 1, if
canucks don't sign him first.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

DKH if we only could have bottled up those two game and spread the pixie dust on the ice for this season, we'd be in business. :)

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Off season if Hanifin comes here and they decide that they want to revamp the defense to add a little toughness and they feel Lohrei is ready, they can move him or Lindholm.

It’s not a must do…..just an option.

Again Lindholm might be the better option but Carlo might be the easier guy to move.

Personally, I’d be fine with just adding Hanifin to the current mix, but they do need to add some thump to the back end.

Let's say they sign Noah in offseason, why they need to trade Carlo? Noah is a lh dman and Carlo is a rh dman. Why they need to trade Lindholm? I have no doubt Lohrei is going to be a good player, but right now he is better suited for 3rd pair duties. Adding to that, they sign Swayman long term next move is trade Ullmark, so there is no need to trade Carlo or Lindholm.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
the fact that they were in on lindholm if an extension was a possibility tells me they aren't settled with the center
position just yet. he's not a #1, but more of a 1B if playing with skilled guys. issue is his asking price on july 1, if
canucks don't sign him first.
Im not sure they do.
The price will be high and they just signed Pettersson.
From what I have seen, the fan take on him in Van is mixed.
Is getting him locked up long term what the Canucks need this summer?

Reactions: Mick Riddleton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad