Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
To New Jersey:
Linus Ullmark
Matt Grzelcyk
3rd round pick

To Boston:
Dawson Mercer
Nathan Bastian

(It's hard to gauge value on goaltenders, don't shoot me)

Mercer is having a bit of a down year and NJ desperately needs a #1

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
To New Jersey:
Linus Ullmark
Matt Grzelcyk
3rd round pick

To Boston:
Dawson Mercer
Nathan Bastian

Its not bad, although I'm not great at proposals, seems like one of those trades where both teams feel like they fill a hole from a place of strength. To include Gryz we might have to increase that pick though

Reactions: Sheppy

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Just seems like Boston would be giving up to much.
I don't really think so. If the Bruins plan is to move Ullmark (potentially) - Getting a good, young, 2 way center with great upside isn't really selling the farm... at least not in my opinion. Again, I'm not great with these and people may completely disagree.

This is going to be a Mike Mottau/Brian Rolston deadline isn’t it.
Greg Zanon, you're a Boston Bruin!

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Is Calgary full rebuild and only considering picks and prospects? Or would they consider Carlo?
I'd trade Carlo if Hanifin was coming back. Lohrei would be nice to keep. Carlo, Forbort and a 2nd?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Would love Mercer but I thought he was more of a wing than a center? I think most Devils fans prefer him there
He's been on and off at center this year. Started his career as a center (was pretty rough on draws) - Then was primarily wing last year, and now going back and forth this year.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Neely's words earlier about how they have no capital and a lot to address and may not be able to get it all done doesn't speak too much confidence. Seems like he's as emotionally invested as most of the players. What a year to be one of the softest and uninspired teams Boston has assembled, especially on the 100 anniversary. Bringing in teams from the old days must have been hard for them to watch the product in front of them.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Neely's words earlier about how they have no capital and a lot to address and may not be able to get it all done doesn't speak too much confidence. Seems like he's as emotionally invested as most of the players. What a year to be one of the softest and uninspired teams Boston has assembled, especially on the 100 anniversary. Bringing in teams from the old days must have been hard for them to watch the product in front of them.
We're at the point now as a fanbase where we get excited to see one of our players facewash another guy. "WHAT A RESPONSE!" - Last night Brandon Carlo pushed someone and many were all like "LOVE THAT FROM CARLO, HE LOOKED PISSED!!!"

I always get a kick of the "NHL Rivalry Night" where they show clips of hard hits, fights, etc from years past and then they come out and play that game the exact opposite. It's quite the contrast.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
To New Jersey:
Linus Ullmark
Matt Grzelcyk
3rd round pick

To Boston:
Dawson Mercer
Nathan Bastian

Hard pass on this trade.
We are not receiving fair value on this trade.
Bastian is a 4th liner.
Bruins need to receive at least a #2 C under control for minimum 2 years, a 3rd or 4th rd pick and a top1-3 prospect IMO for Ullmark.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
To New Jersey:
Linus Ullmark
Matt Grzelcyk
3rd round pick

To Boston:
Dawson Mercer
Nathan Bastian

I’m not sure goalies have really brought back much .

Reactions: Gordoff

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I just love Dawson Mercers game, man.
He would be a great add for Boston, goalies just dont have that kind of value unfortunately. Really dont see ullmark getting more than a 2nd liner and a 2nd or a 1st and a middle 6'r?

Idk, if Ullmark was going to net them a huge deal they would have traded him last offseason, his value has dropped for this upcoming because a) not the former vezina winner and b) next season is the last of his contract.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad