Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatKing

Jan 26, 2023
I get that he'd be a great Bruin and I get that he is tough, but he doesn't address our biggest need at center. Do we let Charlie Coyle center Pasta and Tkachick?
I’d leave Coyle with Marchand, let Zacha center Tkachuk and Pasta.

Tkachuk- Zacha- Pasta
Marchy- Coyle- Frederic

At this point I like Frederic’s game a lot more then Debrusk’. Plus gives each or our top lines a no nonsense winger that brings physicality. Something we are in desperate need of. Especially come playoff time.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
At what point is anyone interested and trying to re-gain some draft capital? I’m starting to think about it.

If some team offers a 2nd for JVR I feel like you need to take that. Some insane team might even offer a 1st. Same deal but lower offers for a guy like Heinen. It’s tough because I always want them to go for it but I think we all know that there isn’t a chance in hell they make it past round 1 or 2.
Anyone offers a top 50 pick for JVR, ole Donny better send a Shelby to get him to airport before they change their mind :laugh:

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
DeBrusk for Hanifan straight up, they'll figure out the cap difference, book it. Lysell slots into Jake's spot (honestly can't be much difference in production). B's then trade for a cheap forward with some grit in his game for AHLers (think Merkulov or someone of that nature). End of deadline. No goalies moved.

Reactions: CellyHard

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
This is the team we were supposed to be without both goalies playing out of their minds FYI. We aren't winning the Cup so might as well trade Ullmark and get some good pieces for this and next year. I 10000% consider moving some players for futures you can turn into something else.

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
He's sooooo sloooowww. He and Brazeau are redundant.
I would trade JVR at the deadline, get a pick for him. I highly doubt they resign him

Don't see it so much with Brazeau game,, despite his lack of wheels. Imo he's been effective. He shows effort, a high Hockey IQ which helps get him to places and areas despite his lack of speed and he never seems to give up on the play.
Agree ,the kid is more hungry and the Bruins obviously see him playing that JVR roll

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I would trade JVR at the deadline, get a pick for him. I highly doubt they resign him

Agree ,the kid is more hungry and the Bruins obviously see him playing that JVR roll
That same thought crossed my mind last night. He came out and played a great first shift with Brazeau and Boqvist but after that he just disappeared as if he was saying what am I doing out here playing 4th line minutes with these two. lol

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Pagnotta reported that the Pens are taking calls on Marcus Pettersson. If Hanifin doesn't happen, he'd be a very good pivot. Locked up for an extra year at 4mil too, so don't have to break the bank to keep him. Plus he can eat a ton of PK minutes, so literally no reason to play Forbort over Wotherspoon.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If Lohrei gets Hannifin with extension I do it.
the kid had a tough game at points last night but I like how Monty had him out-there in the final minutes of overtime. Could be because their showcasing him or the plan and simple fact that the kid has game-breaking ability.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
St Louis supposedly was interested in DeBrusk. Send him and Gryz to STL for Krug 50% and a 1st . At least he has heart
They want him signed

Why would DeBrusk sign

If I’m Jake it’s Boston or Edmonton

Krug back here ?

Not happening

Plan A ~ Hanifin

Plan B ~ Middleton

That’s where I would go

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
the kid had a tough game at points last night but I like how Monty had him out-there in the final minutes of overtime. Could be because their showcasing him or the plan and simple fact that the kid has game-breaking ability.
He is willing to ride Loheri as part of his development, maybe he should take the same approach with Beecher.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeIsAStud

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

“That’s a big list,” Neely cracked. “That’s a big wish, that one, based on where we’re at. But we’ll try to figure something out that’s going to give us opportunities to improve upon, for sure.”

“Our cupboards are a little thin considering what we did last year and in previous years,” Neely said. “So something really has to make sense for us. There’s other areas we can improve upon, whether it’s adding a little bit more grit at the bottom part of our lineup.”

That’s an element where we can probably play a little more physical than we have. I’m not talking about putting someone in the third row. But just creating a little bit more anxiety.”

“What do we need? How do we get it? And what does it cost us?” Neely said of internal deadline conversations. “Then you have to weigh that all out. You have your wish list. You rank certain areas you’d like to improve upon. But sometimes it’s not possible to do it. Then you try to find another area to improve upon.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad