Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Pagnotta reported that the Pens are taking calls on Marcus Pettersson. If Hanifin doesn't happen, he'd be a very good pivot. Locked up for an extra year at 4mil too, so don't have to break the bank to keep him. Plus he can eat a ton of PK minutes, so literally no reason to play Forbort over Wotherspoon.
pettersson turned into a stud. if pens move him (not sure why they would - he's a great fit next to either letang or karlsson), you're probably giving up what it'll cost for hanifin. not sure what
happened with him, because 2 years ago they wanted to give the guy away.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Going to be interesting to see what happens in the next 11 days. This may be the first trade deadline where no one truly knows what the Bruins are going to do. Sure there are rumbles and some speculation but it is all over the place.

Just a friendly note that any info we are getting about the B's is coming from agents/other teams. The Bruins are a vault and have been since Loose Lips Chiarelli got sent packing.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
pettersson turned into a stud. if pens move him (not sure why they would - he's a great fit next to either letang or karlsson), you're probably giving up what it'll cost for hanifin. not sure what
happened with him, because 2 years ago they wanted to give the guy away.
This is why I want him lol. I don't think he'd cost as much as Hanifin for us cause any deal for Hanifin comes with the baked in cost of an 8 year extension, and Hanifin is a bigger name. Pettersson isn't eligible for that til this summer. Or that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Reactions: neelynugs

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Looking at the Flyers. Caps coming on their heels. Between the pipes, they are likely out of the playoffs as currently constructed.

Ullmark and JDB (and/or Forbort) for Tyson Foerster. Frees up some salary which can be precusor to other tweeks. Flyers get bona fide #1 goalie

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
I see the same names to be traded. Forby/Griz and Jake. Trust me I would drive all 3 out of town. Realistically though what will they bring back? Forby third pair semi physical/slow Player on last year of a contract who also is on a down year. Maybe a 5th rounder? Griz an undersized third pair puck mover with no physicality. Also on last year of contract and also on a down year. Maybe a third rounder? Jake who is one of the top up and down players in the league. Needs an HOF on his line to generate true second line offense. Last year of contract and also in middle of a bad year. Maybe you get a second? So not sure why are warts will become other people’s apples. Sorry this is on how GM has constructed team ( salaries/ signings and trades ) over the last 4 years. We all would agree if at start of season someone said they would be this high in standings we all would have took the under. Personally and sadly I hate the current on ice product but that issue resides up in the FO box.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I see the same names to be traded. Forby/Griz and Jake. Trust me I would drive all 3 out of town. Realistically though what will they bring back? Forby third pair semi physical/slow Player on last year of a contract who also is on a down year. Maybe a 5th rounder? Griz an undersized third pair puck mover with no physicality. Also on last year of contract and also on a down year. Maybe a third rounder? Jake who is one of the top up and down players in the league. Needs an HOF on his line to generate true second line offense. Last year of contract and also in middle of a bad year. Maybe you get a second? So not sure why are warts will become other people’s apples. Sorry this is on how GM has constructed team ( salaries/ signings and trades ) over the last 4 years. We all would agree if at start of season someone said they would be this high in standings we all would have took the under. Personally and sadly I hate the current on ice product but that issue resides up in the FO box.

Forbort and Gryz are salary ballast at this point. they are not the value piece in any deal they make. if the B's were selling and able to retain, i think Both would be somewhat valued on the market in the 3rd to 5th round pick range. At full salary , maybe less. So basically any deal with either will be a pure salary dump, where the Bruins might need to add. Or simply ballast in a deal where the value is the other picks/players being send out by Boston.

Jake has legit value, but not as much as we want, and probably more value to Boston than he does in a trade, which means the bruins likely need to add simply to get an equivalent talent. Again in a tank scenario Jake Bruins back at a minimum a 2nd and a B prospect, much like Rakell did

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad