Injury Report: 2023-24 Injury thread (McGinn out 4 months after back surgery)

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
How many weeks has he been out with a concussion? Its really really bad if its multiple weeks.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I'd rather they just shut zegras down

its already a lost season for him. no need to risk further injury. hopefully he works hard in the offseason to get back into shape for next season

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd rather they just shut zegras down

its already a lost season for him. no need to risk further injury. hopefully he works hard in the offseason to get back into shape for next season

Disagree he needs to play, so does, Leo. Praying and hoping they can get the last 15 or so games of the season before it’s over. The last two games have been unwatchable. These two kids make it bearable even when they are losing. But it’s more about their development, and they need to play.

Looking at the schedule. If Z andLeo are back on Thursday (Ducks seem to be hinting he is very close), that gives them 17 games.

If they get hurt again then it’s time to fire the entire medical and training staff.

Last edited:

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Disagree he needs to play, so does, Leo. Praying and hoping they can get the last 15 or so games of the season before it’s over. The last two games have been unwatchable. These two kids make it bearable even when they are losing. But it’s more about their development, and they need to play.

Looking at the schedule. If Z andLeo are back on Thursday (Ducks seem to be hinting he is very close), that gives them 17 games.

If they get hurt again then it’s time to fire the entire medical and training staff.
Let's just draft Will Skahan to convince his dad to come back to Anaheim.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yeah, exactly. This is a developmental year and we need every one of these young guys to get all the experience/reps they can. Make some mistakes this year so they won't make them next year.

But I know what Z can do, which is lead or help lead the team in scoring for two consecutive seasons with 60+ point campaigns.

The problem is Z happens to be made out of glass this season and I'd rather not tempt fate just to appease Verbeek's "play through injury" mantra. Z isn't in game shape at all, which is a far threshold from being cleared to play. We already witnessed what happens when you miss out on training camp and go full bore with both Jamie & Z. Let's not repeat the same mistake. We can ease Z back in slowly this season because we all want quality with quantity of play.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You cannot skate or run with a broken ankle. You will endure muscle atrophy with a broken ankle. Zegras didn’t work out appropriately in the offseason WITHOUT a broken leg and gave himself a core injury within a few weeks of the season starting. Why do people think he’s going to be in game shape a couple days after the first time he was able to skate?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
But I know what Z can do, which is lead or help lead the team in scoring for two consecutive seasons with 60+ point campaigns.

The problem is Z happens to be made out of glass this season and I'd rather not tempt fate just to appease Verbeek's "play through injury" mantra. Z isn't in game shape at all, which is a far threshold from being cleared to play. We already witnessed what happens when you miss out on training camp and go full bore with both Jamie & Z. Let's not repeat the same mistake. We can ease Z back in slowly this season because we all want quality with quantity of play.
I’m not asking him to audition. I’m saying he is a young hockey player and needs to play and develop. Nor am I saying he should be forced back on the ice if he isn’t ready yet. But I am saying you don’t just shut him down for the year for fear he could get hurt again.

Reactions: LuGBuG

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
You cannot skate or run with a broken ankle. You will endure muscle atrophy with a broken ankle. Zegras didn’t work out appropriately in the offseason WITHOUT a broken leg and gave himself a core injury within a few weeks of the season starting. Why do people think he’s going to be in game shape a couple days after the first time he was able to skate?
You can’t say he didn’t work out properly becuase he got a core injury. That’s making things up.

Could’ve just been very unlucky. He seems to me like someone who is taking his career pretty seriously although seemingly very laid back as well.

Reactions: anezthes

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You can’t say he didn’t work out properly becuase he got a core injury. That’s making things up.

Could’ve just been very unlucky. He seems to me like someone who is taking his career pretty seriously although seemingly very laid back as well.
That’s pretty much what Cronin said, that he wasn’t properly conditioned for games and tried to go at 110% like he was.

Reactions: JAHV

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
That’s pretty much what Cronin said, that he wasn’t properly conditioned for games and tried to go at 110% like he was.
“You can't replicate 1-on-1
battles, intensity you get in a training camp
practice with (only) some training. Players
might be trying their hardest to get into shape
and match what we're doing on the ice, but
they can't. You can't do it. And I think a lot of
the stuff that we were doing is a little bit
different than what they've done in the past.
You can go back to the symbolic no stick, 1-
on-1 battles. They don't do it and it triggers
certain parts of your body that maybe you
weren't using in your summer training and
things break down.”

So no, that’s not really what he was saying at all.

He’s not saying he didn’t work hard, he’s saying it’s hard to replicate the work outs and more days it stems from missing camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00