Injury Report: 2023-24 Injury thread (McGinn out 4 months after back surgery)

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Apparently Lundy tore his Achilles running… wtf what is he my age? How the hell does that happen to someone in their prime? I was really expecting a career year from him with at least 40+ points…

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Apparently Lundy tore his Achilles running… wtf what is he my age? How the hell does that happen to someone in their prime? I was really expecting a career year from him with at least 40+ points…

I'm bummed as well, was really looking forward him taking the next step. It sucks, I'm sure he's bummed out as well.

Reactions: cheesymc

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Anaheim sports curse. I remember on the Angels when Howie Kendrick would pull a hamstring on a routine base hit running the bases.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Lundy is a solid player, I think he'd be much more productive with better linemates.

Shame about his injury, hopefully the team isn't at the bottom of the league by the time he gets back.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Anaheim sports curse. I remember on the Angels when Howie Kendrick would pull a hamstring on a routine base hit running the bases.
Jesus I remember that… it was so pathetic… but I think Kendry Morales has him beat with breaking his ankle from celebrating hitting a grand slam and he didn’t come back for almost two years…

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
to echo a lot of what's already been said:

I'd be surprised if we see him in December. Wouldn't stun me if he didn't play at all this season.

I also think this is brutal for his development. He really needed a bounce back year. Can't imagine he's in Verbeek's future plans at this point.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Duclair and Pacioretty both injured their Achilles right around this time last year. They both came back around February I think. Though Pacioretty did re-injure it soon after.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
No way he is back in Dec...

Wow. The org really keeps things under wraps with this info being held onto for three weeks and surgery already done. I am curious to hear an official report from the Ducks soon.

Six months until cleared to practice. Then how much more longer until he can be play-ready? Man, this sucks for Lundy.

Last edited:

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Depending on the method of Achilles surgery that was used, we won't see him until 2024-25 at all. I'd wager he will not see NHL ice time until the last 10-15 games of the season, if that.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow. The org really keeps things under wraps with this info being held onto for three weeks and surgery already done.

Six months until cleared to practice. Then how much more longer until he can be play-ready? Man, this sucks for Lundy.

Yeah I was really hoping to see him bounce back next season, had hope he could, but this obviously sets him back even more. We still need skill in the bottom 6 and he still could be part of the future. For a season going into with a lot of question marks, this really puts yet another question mark on that.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Suppose he comes back right at the end of the season and Gulls actually make playoffs, can he be on a conditioning stint in San Diego during playoffs and is it only 3 games if Ducks season is over but Gulls are not? Getting more games in a weaker league might be good for his confidence and physically getting back up to game speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad