Speculation: 2023-24 Free Agency/Trade Thread II

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Henriques tenure with the Ducks is more fascinating than a lot of guys we’ve had come thru over the years, including some really good players. He came on toward the tail end of the the Getzlaf/Perry days in a move that shipped out a popular player in Vatanen. He fit in seamlessly for a while then really struggled but over the past year or two he’s kinda been resurrected and fans love him again, for good reason.
And waived

Reactions: Yemeth

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
I actually dont disagree. Ship him out now and bring back in free agency this summer. Dont think it would happen because its rare, but wouldnt be shocked.
Didn't we do this a few years back with Grant?

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Unless they plan on playing rookies together and/or someone on the wrong side next season, there's just too many LD: Fowler, Mintyukov, LaCombe, Zellweger, Vaakanainen.

IMO, long-term, the Ducks are probably looking at Zellweger and Mintyukov. Fowler wouldn't be long-term for obvious reasons. LaCombe will probably end up better than Vaakanainen over the course of their careers. However, if the Ducks believe Zellweger and Mintyukov are better than LaCombe, the question is who is better on the bottom pair? Vaakanainen seems more suited for that role IMO.

If the Ducks look to trade for a good scoring winger or RD this summer, I wouldn't be surprised if he was part of a package.

Reactions: Henrique Iglesias
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I love Henrique. But for his own sake I hope in the summer he signs with a team that can contend for a cup. I wish him nothing but the best and Cup would look nice in his resume. He's seen enough of this kind of crap here.

I will forever remember him being on the receiving end of Getzy's last behind the back pass in his last game and putting it in. I was so happy it was Henrique with him to one-time it in the back of the net, instead of any of the other stone hands that team was filled with.

11Justin93

Sep 27, 2011
I highly doubt OTT is actually interested in moving Brady Tkachuk, but if they were would you give up our first this year for him? Not sure if the value is balanced, but I'm of the mindset that Brady would do wonders to bringing us closer to being a competitive team again and I'd rather not have to wait for the few years that our first would take to become an NHL ready player. Plus he's young enough to fit with our core players.

Reactions: Kalv

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I highly doubt OTT is actually interested in moving Brady Tkachuk, but if they were would you give up our first this year for him? Not sure if the value is balanced, but I'm of the mindset that Brady would do wonders to bringing us closer to being a competitive team again and I'd rather not have to wait for the few years that our first would take to become an NHL ready player. Plus he's young enough to fit with our core players.
Straight up for the 1st? 100% I would. Although I’m sure we’d want lottery protection so we’d need to send something else also

Reactions: robbieboy3686

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
IMO the only way Ottawa even begins to entertain that trade is if the Ducks win the #1 pick.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah I don't see why Ottawa would be thrilled for a high pick ilas the best piece of a deal if I'm fairly certain they do not want to prolong their rebuild

11Justin93

Sep 27, 2011
Yeah I don't see why Ottawa would be thrilled for a high pick ilas the best piece of a deal if I'm fairly certain they do not want to prolong their rebuild

Fair, I don't follow them too closely so I wasn't sure if they were talking about going full scorched earth rebuild or just a re-tool.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Fair, I don't follow them too closely so I wasn't sure if they were talking about going full scorched earth rebuild or just a re-tool.
I don't follow them too closely as well, just guessing. Nobody ever wants to prolomg rebuilds. Brady is already a great player, they can get a really good player back for him

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Why would Brady want to be here though? I would think the reason for leaving would be that Ottawa isn't good and he wants a better team. That's a tough sell right now for the Ducks. Their future looks good but I have a feeling he would have the same issues here as he's having in Ottawa.

Reactions: Yemeth and Kalv

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Leonardo87 there seems to be a mass delusion situation occuring on the Rangers board, where they all seem convinced there's an actual chance of a Zegras/Kakko trade.

I’m just ignoring it. Hate getting into the middle of those discussions.

I’ve said this over and over again. Verbeek needs to be very careful, this is a trade that can get you fired if it goes wrong.

I still don’t see him being traded. Unless maybe we win the lottery and land Celebrini. Then it’s possible.

11Justin93

Sep 27, 2011
Why would Brady want to be here though? I would think the reason for leaving would be that Ottawa isn't good and he wants a better team. That's a tough sell right now for the Ducks. Their future looks good but I have a feeling he would have the same issues here as he's having in Ottawa.
Maybe he would want to play in the US over Canada like Matthew did? Although California taxes are probably more comparable to Ottawa than Tampa. I also feel like we are closer in terms of competing, but that could just be bias.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
IMO, long-term, the Ducks are probably looking at Zellweger and Mintyukov. Fowler wouldn't be long-term for obvious reasons. LaCombe will probably end up better than Vaakanainen over the course of their careers. However, if the Ducks believe Zellweger and Mintyukov are better than LaCombe, the question is who is better on the bottom pair? Vaakanainen seems more suited for that role IMO.

If the Ducks look to trade for a good scoring winger or RD this summer, I wouldn't be surprised if he was part of a package.

I wouldn't even rule him out at the deadline for a team that wants Henrique or Vatrano. It makes giving up futures easier when you get a decent young guy back, and he's also able to contribute on a 3rd pairing in the here and now.

If it sweetens the pot in order to land a prospect/pick we really want, I'd be ok with it. We're probably going to restock the D pipeline at least a little in this draft anyway.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think for Tkachuk the 1st is the add. They’ll want Zegras/McTavish/Mintyukov in addition.

In which case no thank you.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I understand the logic behind it, but I hate the idea of sitting a guy who's healthy and wants to play. If Henrique plays and gets hurt, it sucks, but it's just bad luck. That's sports.

If there's a deal imminent, then ok. But if Verbeek is still working the phones, I'm fine with Henrique playing.

If by "that's sports" you mean "that's piss poor management of the team" then yes I agree.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
People seem to be ignoring that no NHL team has scratched guys for trade reasons yet. I can't remember if in the past few years teams were doing it by now, but if they were and aren't now you have to figure the league told them to quit doing it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad