Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is hilarious because like…what value is that adding, you know? It’s not like adding any of the Canadian teams to a rumor and thus getting their attention and all the engagement that comes with that.
One day he’ll be right. Just gotta meme edit this.

Fw_ShgjXsAgmrL3.jpg

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We never get the big fish. I would love to hear what we offered. I bet it was terrible.
PLD is a good player but he’s getting bit overrated around here. I mean he’s a 60 point player and they’re probably asking for way too much in return. Avs got a player for nothing who has actually put up more points than PLD

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Whether it’s now or years from now, Newhook will always be linked to Montreal until it finally happens.

If it’s now I’d bet any hypothetical trade involves Jake Evans.

Reactions: lionsDen

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I like this idea, just wonder how much all of the talk of a discount and then signing with STL will prevent that. I think it has at every turn.
He actually had strong defensive metrics, 61.10 xGF%, to go along with 9 goals and 13 apples. Would love to have that kind of production on the 4th line.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
PLD is a good player but he’s getting bit overrated around here. I mean he’s a 60 point player and they’re probably asking for way too much in return. Avs got a player for nothing who has actually put up more points than PLD
Yes, but one is 25 entering his prime and the other is already 31.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Byram would look great playing pond hockey in Arizona where everything’s made up and the points don’t matter.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yes, but one is 25 entering his prime and the other is already 31.
True, but still wouldn’t want to give up too much for one year of PLD. Reports are he’s looking for close to 9 mill per on his next contract and no way Avs would be able to do that

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Can’t believe how many people want to resign JTC, the guy offers absolutely nothing that’s worth over 4m and he’s not taking the same money or less.

He probably is looking at 5-5.5…and I agree he is not worth more than 4….but if the cap does boost as it looks like it will, 4-4.5 is what quality tweener players will be worth.

If he is willing to do 4.5 on term, I could see that deal happening. Much like Kadri stuck around clearly looking at inferior offers from the Avs to see if it would work out in the end, I could see Compher taking a “discount” to stay in Denver for the middle 4 range because he wants to compete.

Tampa has had a few guys do the 7-8 year lower AAV deal that are 2nd/3rd liners. Would you do JT 8 x 4 or 4.5?

Part of my own answer to that question is if the Avs intend to keep him primarily as the 3rd line center and continue to cycle others in at 2C. JT needs to be a 3rd line player who shifts up occasionall.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Yes, but one was pretty much free and the other costs like $5, and you only have $3 to spend.
I'm really not sure about that. It really comes down to what we end up signing Bo and Newhook for. However right now and moving forward I would prefer PLD over RyJo. Don't get me wrong, I love that we paid absolutely nothing for RyJo, but it still feels like we had better options. I hope I'm wrong and he plays great for us, but I feel like he's gonna fall short of what we need from him. I'm also curious if we could have gotten a 3rd team involved for even more retention? I know that's being greedy, but every dollar counts while cup chasing. What does 2 years of 2 million dead cap space cost? Would it take a first or more?

But on the other hand, with Landeskog future still an uncertainty, I wouldn't mind having both. One could play the wing and completely solve our 2nd line woes next year. I'm sure the ask was too much for my liking and it was probably better to back out, but I'm also fairly confident that we tried to low-ball the shit out of the Jet's.

It just feels like Cmac really wants to hold onto our first this year and I just don't see why he wants to do that.

True, but still wouldn’t want to give up too much for one year of PLD. Reports are he’s looking for close to 9 mill per on his next contract and no way Avs would be able to do that
Did they ever give a year amount for that 9mil per season? I wonder if he would take a longer term for less per?

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Yes, but one was pretty much free and the other costs like $5, and you only have $3 to spend.

You basically summarized my thoughts here. PLD produces like a 2C, wants to get paid like an upper tier 1C, has a long history of drama dating back to his days in Jrs, and will cost a small fortune to attain.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm really not sure about that. It really comes down to what we end up signing Bo and Newhook for. However right now and moving forward I would prefer PLD over RyJo. Don't get me wrong, I love that we paid absolutely nothing for RyJo, but it still feels like we had better options. I hope I'm wrong and he plays great for us, but I feel like he's gonna fall short of what we need from him. I'm also curious if we could have gotten a 3rd team involved for even more retention? I know that's being greedy, but every dollar counts while cup chasing. What does 2 years of 2 million dead cap space cost? Would it take a first or more?

But on the other hand, with Landeskog future still an uncertainty, I wouldn't mind having both. One could play the wing and completely solve our 2nd line woes next year. I'm sure the ask was too much for my liking and it was probably better to back out, but I'm also fairly confident that we tried to low-ball the shit out of the Jet's.

It just feels like Cmac really wants to hold onto our first this year and I just don't see why he wants to do that.

Did they ever give a year amount for that 9mil per season? I wonder if he would take a longer term for less per?
Supposedly he’ll be looking for Horvat contract. 8 x 8.5 or something

Reactions: sethro109
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: