Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I mean, the Avs aren’t really all that fast in terms of skating. But they play fast.

Lehkonen is decent, Mack obviously. But Nuke, Rants not RyJo, are speed guys.
Yea the team is getting older so speed and relentlessness can't be main weapon anymore. We'll start facing faster teams and the Avs will have to adapt their style. It's on Bednar to try to win with a different style.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs really don't prioritize speed and skating as much as people think with one notable exception. If you look at the defense, it is a mix of great and average to poor skaters. In the top 6, there is only really one great skater (MacK). But in the bottom 6... that is where you see the Avs really having a preference. Above all else, the Avs want their bottom 6 to skate. Their 2nd preference is tenacity. If you can't do that, then a player is unlikely to stick in the bottom 6. LOC, Nieto, Cogs, Helm, etc. If they aren't great skaters, they better have battle to them (like PEB, NAK). The guys that don't stick around in bottom 6 roles are guys that either can't skate or are not tenacious players (why Meyers and Newhook have to step up that part of their game long-term). They don't really care much about size, big hits, fighting, skill... they want tenacity and speed on those lines. Anything else is just an extra.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
IDK if that is worth a 1st round pick. Maybe a decent prospect. Like what about the rights to JTC plus Denis Malgin?

I don't get giving up a 1st for him either. If his "value" at full contract was basically nothing, then how is $3m in cap space worth a 1st now? If Hall has a good season I can see some team throwing out a late first at TDL but that's overpay time. Now is not the time for it.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Yeah I'm not trading Byram for this guy.

I don't think I'd give up Newhook for him either. Newhook has had better numbers in his early years. How much do you value the "hitting" part of his game? Aren't the Avs already held down enough for the tough guy routine with MacPunchy?

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
IDK if that is worth a 1st round pick. Maybe a decent prospect. Like what about the rights to JTC plus Denis Malgin?

1687818659348.gif

Avs should still make an offer . He (Lindholm) can play wing and would be great C insurance for Johansen

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad