Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Avs have had multiple shots to bring Hall in and haven't pulled the trigger. Wouldn't surprise me if Sakic/CMac asked the core their opinion of him, and got a thumbs down.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’ve been adamant about not trading Byram, but damn…I’d consider it to add Wilson.
Nope. Byram should only move for a C. Not a rental winger.

Avs have had multiple shots to bring Hall in and haven't pulled the trigger. Wouldn't surprise me if Sakic/CMac asked the core their opinion of him, and got a thumbs down.
I mean he also could have just not wanted to come here.

Reactions: AvsWraith

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Wilson would be awesome (kinda like Marchand, I despised him once but he's cleaned up his game), but there will be tons of teams after him.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’ve been adamant about not trading Byram, but damn…I’d consider it to add Wilson.

He’s a pending UFA, so they wouldn’t be touching Byram.

The Sens have a lot more attractive prospects though, so I can see the speculation there.

You start with a 1st and then see what you need to add from there.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Why? It's really smart business by them. You need to surround Bedard with at least some veterans, and Taylor Hall playing beside him, at 50% on trade deadline could fetch additional assets.

Huh? Where’s the issue in adding vet players with little term and one in Hall who could potentially bring back
decent assets in future TDL’s.

I'm not questioning bringing Hall in - I'm questioning NOT making the Bruins pay through the nose to get rid of $6M in cap space for the next two years.

After all, didn't Toronto have to pay a 1st round pick to get rid of Marleau's contract not that long ago ?? Marleau was much older and crappier but was coming off a 37 point in 82 game seaason and only had 1 more season left on his contract.

Taylor Hall only put up 36 points in 61 games last year and he's making $6M for the next two years.

I say Boston got off easy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Each time Wilson rumors come up, they end up getting denied shortly after. Washington will be trying to sign him and unless he says he won't extend, they'll hold on to him... and they'll likely hold on to him until the deadline even if they can't get him signed.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Each time Wilson rumors come up, they end up getting denied shortly after. Washington will be trying to sign him and unless he says he won't extend, they'll hold on to him... and they'll likely hold on to him until the deadline even if they can't get him signed.
Yeah, I mean they will try to remain competitive as long as Ovie is there, and isn't Ovie very close with Wilson as well?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, I mean they will try to remain competitive as long as Ovie is there, and isn't Ovie very close with Wilson as well?
I don't know their relationship, but not only remain competitive, Wilson will be viewed as young enough to still be good in 4-5 years by GMs (though I disagree that will happen as he's gonna fall off a cliff soon). So he can mentor the younger players in the re-tool.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is that what happened when the Avs traded him ? I guess I missed it...
Not when the Avs traded him, but earlier in his tenure... when he deserved to be in the NHL, wasn't getting treated like he should, and worse players getting NHL turns over him.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The team that re-ups 30 yo Wilson will regret it real fast. He's mostly living on his reputation now because of all the suspensions (and aging, too). He's not as intimidating as he once was and will start to decline soon.

Dorion should stay away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad