Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Way too much for Brown or any other NBA player! This is why I don't watch any NBA games at all!. Lol

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I personally don't care how much money these guys make. It's not my money and all of this stuff is a product of the revenue the players create for the league. What bothers me is Jaylen's attitude on certain things. Well, he got the bag now and agreed to the deal so it can't be that bad here Jaylen. Time to produce like the highest paid player in league history.

Reactions: Maine Fan

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Way too much money for Brown, he is a good player, but not a true #1 go to guy, if we had to I would have traded him for help elsewhere on the lineup.
It makes more sense to trade him now after giving him the contract. No team was going to give up much for him before he got the contract because he was a major flight risk.

f*** does this even mean?
old.jpg

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I personally don't care how much money these guys make. It's not my money and all of this stuff is a product of the revenue the players create for the league. What bothers me is Jaylen's attitude on certain things. Well, he got the bag now and agreed to the deal so it can't be that bad here Jaylen. Time to produce like the highest paid player in league history.
If this guy thought there was pressure before……..better bring it now.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
We lost Reggie Lewis 30 years ago today. Still absolutely crushed over his loss. He was one of us. WhT could have been. RIP Reggie.
Reggie Lewis
Len Bias

and Hank Gathers while still in college (or just after?).....some players that could have been really great

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The worst part was Channel 4 knew he was dead and couldn't say anything

I remember that night like it was last week.

The tape is chilling to watch as Bob Lobel and Jack Williams KNEW he was dead but couldn't say it without official confirmation and Mike Lynch was in the same boat at Channel 5. Ordway broke the news hours before anyone else but in 1993 WEEI was still owned by the Celtics.

It is important to remember this story goes back 3 months when Reggie collapsed during a Celtics playoff game at the Garden.

The Celtics then and to this day used this hospital.

and they assembled a 'dream team' of the best cardiologists in Boston and their conclusion was Reggie could never play again.

Reggie's wife didn't want to hear that and in the middle of the night Reggie was moved from New England Baptist to Brigham & Women's and one of their cardiologists said the 'dream team' was wrong...............................

The video covers all of that.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
This past Wednesday the 26th, Mazzulla announced that White would be the starting Point Guard starting with the lineup of Tatum, Brown, Porzingis, and Horford. Nothing new here, Brodgon will be coming off the bench and Pritchard will sit.

Stay out of this heat on the 28th. Have a nice day.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
His attitude about the team or what he does off the court?

On the court he needs to be more of a leader and he needs to continue to improve defensively.

What he's doing off the court especially for the young kids in the inner city is critical and much needed. He's not wrong when he talks about Boston.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
His attitude about the team or what he does off the court?

On the court he needs to be more of a leader and he needs to continue to improve defensively.

What he's doing off the court especially for the young kids in the inner city is critical and much needed. He's not wrong when he talks about Boston.
delete.

• Haha

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I remember that night like it was last week.

The tape is chilling to watch as Bob Lobel and Jack Williams KNEW he was dead but couldn't say it without official confirmation and Mike Lynch was in the same boat at Channel 5. Ordway broke the news hours before anyone else but in 1993 WEEI was still owned by the Celtics.

It is important to remember this story goes back 3 months when Reggie collapsed during a Celtics playoff game at the Garden.

The Celtics then and to this day used this hospital.

and they assembled a 'dream team' of the best cardiologists in Boston and their conclusion was Reggie could never play again.

Reggie's wife didn't want to hear that and in the middle of the night Reggie was moved from New England Baptist to Brigham & Women's and one of their cardiologists said the 'dream team' was wrong...............................

The video covers all of that.

I remember watching a documentary about that. It was done either NBC Sports Boston or one of the main news channels in town from a while back. It's a shame that such a good person was taken away so soon. Lewis was a potential star in the making. Not only did his heart condition take away his career, but the misplaced encouragement by those around him that didn't want to acknowledge the truth ended up costing him his life. It's awful.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Porzingis missing the World Cup to let his foot heal up

Good I’m not having another Gallinari situation in a meaningless international tournament where the US sends their D team!

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Freaking agents. :laugh:

from cbssports.com:

Harden, according to his agent, Troy Payne, feels so disrespected by not just Morey, but by an entire league that no longer believes his talent is worthy of limitless leverage, that he might just mess around and win MVP this coming season.

"James has a crazy hunger in him right now," Payne said on the The Hidden Gems podcast. "If he got an MVP this season, I wouldn't be surprised. That's what kind of hunger he got in him right now, just from the disrespect ... you know, the free agency stuff, which I don't really want to get into."

Payne goes on to detail Harden's offseason workouts, saying he's practicing at 7 a.m. and then playing ball again after photo shoots. Well then, when you put it like that! An NBA player is working out for four hours a day? And he's paying attention to his nutrition? Man, look out! This dude's about to conquer the world!

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ and EverettMike

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Took me 2 1/2 months to not have it impact me during activities using professional rehab people. It took a year for the feeling to completely go away. Very painful injury because you put so much weight on the foot and the arch. Very easy to reinjure.

I hope he ready and not another Callinari or a RW III.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Took me 2 1/2 months to not have it impact me during activities using professional rehab people. It took a year for the feeling to completely go away. Very painful injury because you put so much weight on the foot and the arch. Very easy to reinjure.

I hope he ready and not another Callinari or a RW III.
And he's supposed to be the Celtics' #3 player right?

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
And he's supposed to be the Celtics' #3 player right?
Yeah, my point lately. Our 1st & 2nd offerings: Brogdon is injury prone. Porzingis is injury prone, with injury. RW III is injury prone, always injured. Horford, age, must be time managed. Then there is Tatum, Brown, White, Pritchard, Hauser, and Kornet. Plus the new young guy that was injured in the Summer League.

The need a terrific medical staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad