Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
No Celtic player was hurt more by last season's Coaching change than Pritchard was. It was basically a lost season for him and I really hope the lack of confidence Shown by the new Coach doesn't hurt his progress going forward.

Playoff P ???? Man - I really hope it's just something bad that you ate earlier today that's giving you this tingle. I do not want Paul George on this team. :nono:

I have said it before that I compare Pritchard to Vinnie Johnson in that he's instant offense so it's funny that you referred to him as a microwave. :thumbu:
Vinnie Johnson, you are out of your mind. I don't mind Pritchard, but he is closer to Mike Bratz....As for playoff P, you are probably right, but options are limited...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Nice to see Walsh go 4-6 from 3 in his summer league debut. Form already looks like it’s improving.

We know he’ll be able to defend so if he can develop a 3 point shot he’ll play for awhile in the league.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Which Malcolm Brogdon shows up next year. they guy who shot 44% from 3 last year, or the guy was 31 % the previous year? Is it the guy who used to be a really good defender, or the guy who seems to have forgotten how to do that.

But ultimately I don't think PP is anything more than a deep bench guy, so if they were to try and salary dump Brogdon before their year, they need to get a replacement back in the deal

Which may be true. Or they could be BS. As it seems the team had been aggressively shopping him it seems like it would only make sense to say everything is awesome. We know they one team they did complete a deal with him looked at the medicals and said no.
Wasn't the issue the Clippers couldn't fully vet the Brogdon medicals before Porzingas needed to pick up his option at midnight? The issue wasn't that they saw all the medical and said no. Either way, if the Celtics think he will be healthy, I'm holding onto him. He was really good for them last season off the bench. I wouldn't be giving him away for cap relief or futures

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Wasn't the issue the Clippers couldn't fully vet the Brogdon medicals before Porzingas needed to pick up his option at midnight? The issue wasn't that they saw all the medical and said no. Either way, if the Celtics think he will be healthy, I'm holding onto him. He was really good for them last season off the bench. I wouldn't be giving him away for cap relief or futures
I agree, people recover from injuries, he was the 6th man of the year for cripes sake.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Is there Chaos in the Celtics camp?
I have never been a Jaylen Brown fan.
If this is true...then what? Trade time or does he have the Celtics by the short hairs?

Apparently the largest contract in NBA history isn't enough for Brown. I'd show him the door

Reactions: Maine Fan

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I haven't seen him play with Tatum. Not sure he is worth it. I can't imagine he will help Brown, Jaylen want to show himself off by scoring himself. Like Brown will drive through 3 or 4 defenders dribbling instead of passing only to lose the ball.
We gave up a point guard a defender and Mr. Hussle for Porzingis who hasn't shown us what he can do for Boston. My point I can't get excited with this contract if Boston went backwards but then the offseason isn't over so who knows until we get to opening game day?

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
IMO Walsh is looking good as a young player in the Summer League. Davison has improved each game. He and Walsh needs more time before they are ready for the NBA, IMO. That's why they signed a two way contract, of course.

Last edited:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I haven't seen him play with Tatum. Not sure he is worth it. I can't imagine he will help Brown, Jaylen want to show himself off by scoring himself. Like Brown will drive through 3 or 4 defenders dribbling instead of passing only to lose the ball.
We gave up a point guard a defender and Mr. Hussle for Porzingis who hasn't shown us what he can do for Boston. My point I can't get excited with this contract if Boston went backwards but then the offseason isn't over so who knows until we get to opening game day?

Am I losing my f***ing mind or have you been screaming about the need for another big for years?

What the f*** will make you happy exactly? You literally complain about everything with this team.

Reactions: lopey

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Am I losing my f***ing mind or have you been screaming about the need for another big for years?

What the f*** will make you happy exactly? You literally complain about everything with this team.
I was speaking about the quick extension signing for $30 M a yr for 2 years without him stepping on the court. I do agree I have been bitching about the need for another big. We got one, so I should shut up. I must stop complaining about the need for a point guard also because Stevens said he was confident with the point guards we have. He is comfortable with the backcourt.
Time will tell. I shall wait and see. Porzingis is injury prone as is Brodgon and then there is Mr. Injury Prone himself, RW III

Reactions: EverettMike

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I was speaking about the quick extension signing for $30 M a yr for 2 years without him stepping on the court. I do agree I have been bitching about the need for another big. We got one, so I should shut up. I must stop complaining about the need for a point guard also because Stevens said he was confident with the point guards we have. He is comfortable with the backcourt.
Time will tell. I shall wait and see. Porzingis is injury prone as is Brodgon and then there is Mr. Injury Prone himself, RW III

You drive me nuts, but I like you.

Wish I could give a longer reply because you raise some very fair points, but I can't right now. Will when I get a chance.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
You drive me nuts, but I like you.

Wish I could give a longer reply because you raise some very fair points, but I can't right now. Will when I get a chance.
Thank you, Everett Mike

It was stated today, Friday, that Mazzulla wants to change the successful strategy of the Celtics to play strong defense and then offense to win championships to championships. Stevens is going along with him and his ideas by getting more offense and less defense with his off-season additions and deletions. Sam Cassell says he is going to support Mazzulla rather than change him and his ideas. I am a long NHL hockey fan, the Stanley Cup is won with defense first. I am a long-time Celtic fan and watch championships won using defense first. So I guess I change or just follow them while finding a team that believed in a strong defense first. Oh then there are my 63 years as a Patriots fan and Bill Belichick's Super Bowl championships won with the defense before offense. I am just old and tough to change. Have a nice day, Everett Mike.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I love Jaylen Brown and I do want him on this Celtics team, but if he wants to be put on the same level as Tatum when it's apparent that Tatum is the star of the team then he should be moved to another team where he can get his money and be the focal point of that team. Ideally I'd say trade him to Atlanta in a major package for Trae Young, because I think Young is a great facilitator and shot creator that could play well off of Tatum and work better as a fit, plus Brown gets to play for his hometown ball club in Atlanta and is with three guys in De'Andre Hunter, Clint Capela. and Dejounte Murray who would compliment what he does as a player but can't contest what he does as the focal point of the Hawks.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I still don't like him but this is a nice move by LeBron. :thumbu:

from espn.com:

In a nod to Boston Celtics legend Bill Russell, LeBron James will change his uniform number from 6 back to 23 for the Los Angeles Lakers this coming season, Rich Paul of Klutch Sports Group told ESPN on Saturday.

"It's LeBron's decision," said Paul, James' longtime friend and agent. "He chose to out of respect for Bill Russell."

Last summer, after Russell died at the age of 88, the NBA retired No. 6 across the league -- the first time a player was honored in such a fashion. Current players wearing No. 6 at the time were grandfathered in and could keep the number should they so choose.

The timing of the league's announcement made it a logistical impossibility to stock enough replica James jerseys to meet fan demand before the 2022-23 season started. James' No. 6 Lakers uniform led all player jersey sales on NBAStore.com for the second half of 2022-23, according to a league announcement.

"For us to lose such an icon, it was heartbreaking for all of us," James told ESPN at the start of training camp in September. "I mean, no matter if you play the game, watch the game or a part of the game. We all know what Bill Russell meant to the NBA, obviously to the Celtics off the floor as well, as far as his heroism ... and what he meant to Black people, being able to speak about issues that are not comfortable.

"For me to be able to wear No. 6 this season -- I'm not sure if I'll continue to do it, but right now I'm going to wear it in honor of him. It means a lot to me."

Full story: LeBron to go back to No. 23 in honor of Russell

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Just read that if Harden asks for a trade, Eimbiid will as well. His preferred spot is here because of his relationship with Tatum. Now, there is no way they could do it in terms of money, playing-time or package, but if they could...wow. He has a flaw or two but I am a serious fan of Joel the troll.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Just read that if Harden asks for a trade, Eimbiid will as well. His preferred spot is here because of his relationship with Tatum. Now, there is no way they could do it in terms of money, playing-time or package, but if they could...wow. He has a flaw or two but I am a serious fan of Joel the troll.
Eimbiid should not have been the MVP last year. If the Celtics did have the money he wouldn't fit in with the present team unless they let Prozingis go. Horford is too old to trade and then there is the Timelord.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Eimbiid should not have been the MVP last year. If the Celtics did have the money he wouldn't fit in with the present team unless they let Prozingis go. Horford is too old to trade and then there is the Timelord.
None of those guys can carry Eimbiid's jock. Horford can for short stretches. If you can get a guy of Embiid's quality you do it without hesitation.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
None of those guys can carry Eimbiid's jock. Horford can for short stretches. If you can get a guy of Embiid's quality you do it without hesitation.

Yeah you give up Brown, and whatever else they need to give up (other than Tatum) to get Embid. He is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league.

I tried Brown, and TL for Embid. Trade machine says it makes boston 12 wins better. Not sure it is quite that much, but it's not far off.

I would do Brown, Williams, and picks and swaps.

Of course if you get Brown resigned, then he can't be traded for a year, and you don't have ammunition for Embid, and he goes to NY (or maybe someplace like OKC/Utah)

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
When the Celtic traded Smart they gave up leadership on the court and in the locker room. I do not see that leadership being replaced. Three seasons ago they didn't have leadership. Smart came forward and did the job. I am not optimistic that this Celtics team is a championship team. There is still a chance to improve the shortfalls of the team before the season starts. Then there is a possibility of additions during the season's late trading time.

My expectation is to win the championship. The Celtics may have different expectations than mine.

Of course, I hope I am wrong.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
I love Jaylen Brown and I do want him on this Celtics team, but if he wants to be put on the same level as Tatum when it's apparent that Tatum is the star of the team then he should be moved to another team where he can get his money and be the focal point of that team. Ideally I'd say trade him to Atlanta in a major package for Trae Young, because I think Young is a great facilitator and shot creator that could play well off of Tatum and work better as a fit, plus Brown gets to play for his hometown ball club in Atlanta and is with three guys in De'Andre Hunter, Clint Capela. and Dejounte Murray who would compliment what he does as a player but can't contest what he does as the focal point of the Hawks.
"Offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships" is a huge axiom in every team sport-except perhaps Baseball. ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Maine Fan

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I like the trade proposal Celtics with the Pacers.

Brodgon, Pritchard, RW III, 2024 first round pick & 2027 first round pick

FOR

Myles Turner

Another Big.

Do it Brad

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I like the trade proposal Celtics with the Pacers.

Brodgon, Pritchard, RW III, 2024 first round pick & 2027 first round pick

FOR

Myles Turner

Another Big.

Do it Brad
Good God no - that's waaaaaay too much for Myles Turner. Yeah it's adding " another big " but you are trading away " another big " too. :thumbd:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad