Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Good God no - that's waaaaaay too much for Myles Turner. Yeah it's adding " another big " but you are trading away " another big " too. :thumbd:
The trading of Robert Williams III who is injury prone and can't shoot for Myles Turner who is 6' 11" and can score and is available to play gives the Celtics 2 bigs that can play and score plus one that requires managed rest.

Thats an insane overpay

RW3 alone would do the trick.
Every team knows he is I jury prone, is a head job at time, can't shoot so alone is no where near enough.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I like the trade proposal Celtics with the Pacers.

Brodgon, Pritchard, RW III, 2024 first round pick & 2027 first round pick

FOR

Myles Turner

Another Big.

Do it Brad

Why would Indiana be willing to take Brogdon back, they were thrilled to get rid of him. The trade doesn't work of course because Indiana is taking in 38 million and sending out 20 million. Myles Turner is a significantly better player than 2023 Robert Williams, but he is not exactly a pillar of health himself averaging 50 games per season the past 3 years.

From Indiana POV Brogdon and PP add next to nothing of value as Indiana is already very deep in the backcourt with young talent, so you'd need a third team to take Brogdon. PP is just a bottom 5 roster body at this point. And they get a late first in the turd 2024 draft, and likely a late first in 2027

From the Celtics POV, this trade would eliminate any depth the Celtics have in the backcourt

Reactions: Maine Fan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Turner gets absolutely abused by Joel Embiid to the point where Joel openly talks about it. And not even in a derisive way, and that makes it so much worse! He almost takes pity on him!

Not interested! Timelord better, he just plays for an actually good team

Elvis P

Runnin with the devil
Dec 10, 2007
Born to Run
I just wanna say that Russell > Wilt. Wilt won 2 rings playing with 2 of the top 7 PPG scorers ever Baylor and West. What did Russell do:

C Russell - 22.5 RPG
  • Hall of Fame
    12x All Star in 13 seasons
  • 4x TRB Champ
  • 11x NBA Champ in 13 seasons
  • 11x All-NBA in 13 seasons
  • 5x MVP
  • 1962-63 AS MVP
  • 1968-69 All-Defensive
  • NBA 75th Anniv. Team

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The NBA threads are closed. I just wanna say that Russell > Wilt. Wilt won 2 rings playing with 2 of the top 7 PPG scorers ever Baylor and West. What did Russell do:

C Russell - 22.5 RPG
  • Hall of Fame
    12x All Star in 13 seasons
  • 4x TRB Champ
  • 11x NBA Champ in 13 seasons
  • 11x All-NBA in 13 seasons
  • 5x MVP
  • 1962-63 AS MVP
  • 1968-69 All-Defensive
  • NBA 75th Anniv. Team

Chamberlain - 22.9 RPG

Chamberlain also has the 3 best rebounding seasons.

Chamberlain played one full season with Baylor. Played 10 seasons before going to LA.

Won't even bother comparing scoring numbers.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The trading of Robert Williams III who is injury prone and can't shoot for Myles Turner who is 6' 11" and can score and is available to play gives the Celtics 2 bigs that can play and score plus one that requires managed rest.

Every team knows he is I jury prone, is a head job at time, can't shoot so alone is no where near enough.
Turner is injury prone also

He can shoot a little but RWilliams is a better defender

Reactions: Maine Fan

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I hope Jaylen Brown is happy now. I also hope that he is working on not turning over the ball so much, improving his shooting from the free throw line, the accuracy of his passing the ball, his defensive play, and finally his selection of shots, he must learn that he can't dribble through 3 defenders without losing the ball. I know that is asking one player to learn a lot at one time but if you are the highest-paid player in the NBA and with the Celtics, these must not be issues every game and during the playoffs.

Good luck Jaylen.

If you think you had stress before wait til you make a series of these issues. Jaylen lighten up on the city of Boston you are making your $304 Million there, so love it with your mouth shut.

Go Celtics

Reactions: chizzler

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

At 12:01 a.m. on July 1, forward Jaylen Brown was eligible to agree to a five-year, $304 million super-maxextension with the Celtics.

But then hours turned into days and days turned into weeks without a deal, even as less-heralded stars around the league such as LaMelo Ball, Tyrese Haliburton, and Desmond Bane agreed to super-max extensions of their own.

All along, though, sources on both sides stressed that there was no concern about the contract. And on Tuesday, a league source confirmed, Brown and the Celtics agreed to the five-year deal that will become the most lucrative in NBA history.

The source says the deal does not include a fifth-year player option like the one Jayson Tatum received when he signed a five-year extension in 2020, perhaps a mild concession by Brown’s camp.

But the source said the deal, which will start during the 2024-25 season, does include a trade kicker, which is essentially a bonus a team must pay the player if he is traded. Brown cannot be traded for at least one year after signing this extension.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

At 12:01 a.m. on July 1, forward Jaylen Brown was eligible to agree to a five-year, $304 million super-maxextension with the Celtics.

But then hours turned into days and days turned into weeks without a deal, even as less-heralded stars around the league such as LaMelo Ball, Tyrese Haliburton, and Desmond Bane agreed to super-max extensions of their own.

All along, though, sources on both sides stressed that there was no concern about the contract. And on Tuesday, a league source confirmed, Brown and the Celtics agreed to the five-year deal that will become the most lucrative in NBA history.

The source says the deal does not include a fifth-year player option like the one Jayson Tatum received when he signed a five-year extension in 2020, perhaps a mild concession by Brown’s camp.

But the source said the deal, which will start during the 2024-25 season, does include a trade kicker, which is essentially a bonus a team must pay the player if he is traded. Brown cannot be traded for at least one year after signing this extension.
I wish my parents were taller and that I had learned to play basketball better. $304M doesn't entitle Brown to shoot off his mouth about Boston and the Celtic's fans. $304 M doesn't allow constant mistakes while playing the game.
$304M brings lots of pressure and stress from many sources since the majority of Celtic fans didn't think he was worth or deserved that super max money. It will be about what are you doing for us now.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Way too much money for Brown, he is a good player, but not a true #1 go to guy, if we had to I would have traded him for help elsewhere on the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad