Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
People are underestimating how good Dame is. When all is said and done he may be top in 50 all time. Swapping Brown for Dame gives the Celtics a top tier big, wing, and ball handler. I would do the trade
Lillards agent just came out and warned teams not to trade for him because he won’t go to specific places willingly and would be an unhappy player. What a peach. He forces his way out of Portland but is also limiting their potential return because he only wants to play in Miami and they have Jack shit of value to offer in trade. Sounds like a real must have on the roster.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
What's Dame gonna do if he gets dealt to a Celtics team that has Tatum and maybe even JB? Pout and dog it on championship contenders, far and away favorites with him? It's cool he wants to go to Miami but every offseason we hear all about how Dame just wants a chance to compete. Where he wants to go doesn't matter outside of a courtesy. If I wanted him I wouldn't worry about the posturing.

Reactions: DangleCity

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What's Dame gonna do if he gets dealt to a Celtics team that has Tatum and maybe even JB? Pout and dog it on championship contenders, far and away favorites with him? It's cool he wants to go to Miami but every offseason we hear all about how Dame just wants a chance to compete. Where he wants to go doesn't matter outside of a courtesy. If I wanted him I wouldn't worry about the posturing.
Seems like that’s the stance of the orgs involved on him. They mostly think it’s bluster

Reactions: DangleCity

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Sure, but you also have to factor in age.

And Jaylen is a top 20 (25 at worst) player in this league right now. He's not a scrub.
I get the age difference, but Brown is a major flight risk if you ask me. I'm not sure he wants to stay here, even after he gets his bag.

They would be in win now mode for the next few years if they did the trade and would have to be the hands down favorites going forward.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I get the age difference, but Brown is a major flight risk if you ask me. I'm not sure he wants to stay here, even after he gets his bag.

They would be in win now mode for the next few years if they did the trade and would have to be the hands down favorites going forward.

I too think he might ask out eventually, but at least he's under contract.

Reactions: Mione134

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The Celtics Summer League Schedule:

If Interested.

7/8 3 PM EST vs. Miami
7/9 7:30 PM EST vs Washington
7/12 10 PM EST vs. Los Angeles
7/14 7 PM EST vs. New York

TV Coverage
7/8 NBA TV
7/9 NBA TV
7/12 ESPN2
7/14 ESPN2

These players are rookies usually draft picks current year and past plus players from the farm team and walk-ins.

If you haven't watched a game, the quality of play is not NBA level more like college level and
first year minor league NBA ball.

Enjoy.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I understand and agree with you. I don't want that (him) for the Celtics either.
When he's healthy he's great. But it's unfortunate. He's gotta go.

I really want Pritchard to stay and get a role. He took a step back in development this year. Mazzulla didn't know how to use him like Ime.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
When he's healthy he's great. But it's unfortunate. He's gotta go.

I really want Pritchard to stay and get a role. He took a step back in development this year. Mazzulla didn't know how to use him like Ime.
I agree re: Pritchard He got screwed last season and this off season but he is not the starting PG for the Celtics., he is not ready, and may.never be because he doesn't get used.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
No need to trade him unless they bring in another PG, you’re not winning a title with Payton Pritchard as your backup PG. Need another ball handler there.

I don't think he's a starter. But he should definitely be in the rotation. I think the Celtics want to get rid of Malcolm due to his health. He cannot be relied on unfortunately.

I agree re: Pritchard He got screwed last season and this off season but he is not the starting PG for the Celtics., he is not ready, and may.never be because he doesn't get used.
He should be in the rotation. Not sure if he'll ever be a starting PG, but he definitely should be playing. Ime knew how to use him. Mazzulla just didn't bother.

Reactions: Maine Fan

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

I am not a big Dame guy, and I think JT, Dame, and Kp will be soft, weak defensively, and at times become a jump shooting convention. Besides I think Dame gets his wish and plays for the Heat.

That said, I do not like Brown's attitude, and think you are right about him wanting out regardless of money. That means the Celts will have to trade him at below market value. However, it will be for the best. ...

Besides that, my spider sense is starting to tingle. Paul George?

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't think he's a starter. But he should definitely be in the rotation. I think the Celtics want to get rid of Malcolm due to his health. He cannot be relied on unfortunately.

He should be in the rotation. Not sure if he'll ever be a starting PG, but he definitely should be playing. Ime knew how to use him. Mazzulla just didn't bother.
I like him as a microwave off the bench on nights where they’re having trouble generating offense, he’s one of those guys who can get hot and score a bunch of points in a hurry. I just think he’s more of a 9th/10th man off the bench than a 6th man

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Pritchard just isn't a good fit for Boston. He's a point guard who is a negative playmaker and shot 35.9% on drives when the next worst non end of bench player was Brogdon at 49.7%. Force him off the 3 point line and he's a liability.

Seth Curry was a guy with a similar build who needed a few years in the league before he established himself as a good bench shooter but Pritchard needs to go to a team that runs more motion and gets guys designed shots which the Celtics don't really do. Even if they don't add that fourth star, they should still try and trade Pritchard.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No need to trade him unless they bring in another PG, you’re not winning a title with Payton Pritchard as your backup PG. Need another ball handler there.

Which Malcolm Brogdon shows up next year. they guy who shot 44% from 3 last year, or the guy was 31 % the previous year? Is it the guy who used to be a really good defender, or the guy who seems to have forgotten how to do that.

But ultimately I don't think PP is anything more than a deep bench guy, so if they were to try and salary dump Brogdon before their year, they need to get a replacement back in the deal

Brogdon is going to be fine by the regular season per all reports

Which may be true. Or they could be BS. As it seems the team had been aggressively shopping him it seems like it would only make sense to say everything is awesome. We know they one team they did complete a deal with him looked at the medicals and said no.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

No Celtic player was hurt more by last season's Coaching change than Pritchard was. It was basically a lost season for him and I really hope the lack of confidence Shown by the new Coach doesn't hurt his progress going forward.

Besides that, my spider sense is starting to tingle. Paul George?
Playoff P ???? Man - I really hope it's just something bad that you ate earlier today that's giving you this tingle. I do not want Paul George on this team. :nono:

I like him as a microwave off the bench on nights where they’re having trouble generating offense, he’s one of those guys who can get hot and score a bunch of points in a hurry. I just think he’s more of a 9th/10th man off the bench than a 6th man
I have said it before that I compare Pritchard to Vinnie Johnson in that he's instant offense so it's funny that you referred to him as a microwave. :thumbu:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Which Malcolm Brogdon shows up next year. they guy who shot 44% from 3 last year, or the guy was 31 % the previous year? Is it the guy who used to be a really good defender, or the guy who seems to have forgotten how to do that.

But ultimately I don't think PP is anything more than a deep bench guy, so if they were to try and salary dump Brogdon before their year, they need to get a replacement back in the deal

Which may be true. Or they could be BS. As it seems the team had been aggressively shopping him it seems like it would only make sense to say everything is awesome. We know they one team they did complete a deal with him looked at the medicals and said no.
The clippers didn’t have time to do their own physical on him and that’s why they said no

They haven’t really “aggressively shopped” him either. They were willing to move him for Porzingis, but that’s not being aggressively shopped

And if he was badly injured and forever damaged then another team would be able to see that in a physical and void the deal. There’s no use in hiding that info for trade purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad