2023-2024 Preseason

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Casadei has been fantastic since coming on as well. He and Santos are really close.

Mudryk playing a through ball to himself, guy runs incredibly fast.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chalobah and Cucurella getting clowned. 4-3 now, don't like this.

Joao Pedro looking great for BHA.

Reactions: luiginb

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Very entertaining game. Been a while since I have been able to say that about Chelsea, but they looked very positive.

Still some defensive issues that I assume will plague us for a while.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
On the Mudryk vs. CHO discussion, I don’t think anyone said that CHO isn’t basically done at Chelsea and Mudryk isn’t at the beginning.

When a team spends like 100M euros compared to being an academy player, you’ll get a very long leash, but if we are to be honest, CHO’s end product numbers at Chelsea are actually quite decent over a very long sample. Mudryk’s are weak over a small sample.

Now maybe it’s easy to remember Mudryk looking “close” to being effective and you hope over a longer sample that translates better than it has so far, while with a player like CHO that isn’t viewed as part of Chelsea’s future like Chelsea fans still hope from Mudryk, it’s easy to have a selective memory remembering when he’s struggled. However, let’s not get this twisted, CHO has been the more effective of the two so far at Chelsea.

And the initial point was never to directly compare which of the two is better. I don’t know how it turned into that.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Angelo came on for Sterling and completely outplayed him as well, good to see from a new 19 year old signing. Sterling looks cooked.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea need work done. They still have major issues.
For sure, especially defensively. I think I'd rather just roll with most of these young players and play some progressive football than be subjected to a bunch of veterans who are checked out and don't give a f*** again though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
For sure, especially defensively. I think I'd rather just roll with most of these young players and play some progressive football than be subjected to a bunch of veterans who are checked out and don't give a f*** again though.
Yeah, probably for the best. However I still don’t hear much in the market for them. They shipped out some players but Sterling, is still there. Kepa the #1 again? As of now top looks like a hard target for them

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah, probably for the best. However I still don’t hear much in the market for them. They shipped out some players but Sterling, is still there. Kepa the #1 again? As of now top looks like a hard target for them
Kepa has his flaws but has improved a ton since getting to Chelsea, so he's fine. Was 3rd or 4th last season in shot stopping statistics in the PL. Shockingly since in his first season at Chelsea he was one of the worst in the top 6 leagues. They do need another goalie for cover though.

Sterling drives me crazy, we got scammed on that transfer.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Angelo came on for Sterling and completely outplayed him as well, good to see from a new 19 year old signing. Sterling looks cooked.

Don't know who made the decision to sign Sterling in the first place, but it seemed stupid at that time for that amount money, and it looks even worse now.

Guy just can't create anything for himself on his own, and is pretty much useless unless set up on a silver platter by others.

It's just embarrassing for anyone who calls himself a scout, it was questioned here at that time, how come Chelsea hierarchy couldn't see it back then. Another waste in the long line of awful decisions by Chelsea.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Don't know who made the decision to sign Sterling in the first place, but it seemed stupid at that time for that amount money, and it looks even worse now.

Guy just can't create anything for himself on his own, and is pretty much useless unless set up on a silver platter by others.

It's just embarrassing for anyone who calls himself a scout, it was questioned here at that time, how come Chelsea hierarchy couldn't see it back then. Another waste in the long line of awful decisions by Chelsea.
Thank you Thomas Tuchel.

1690081272193.png

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
TT was a magnificent in game coach. He got it.

His player evaluation? Clearly awful.

Most emphasized by Saul over Tchouameni

Reactions: Blender

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
@Jussi I guess you'd get a kick out of this. A preseason friendly and he's already going nuts. Not that Ty is entirely wrong, but I am not sure why Man United was playing like that today. I get it if it was in the season, but being Neanderthal United in a friendly is dumb and could've gotten players injured. Also, Arsenal fans already complaining about a lack of a striker lol.

AWB stole that ball from Havertz as it were candy.
Yup, he's beyond toothless when he has the ball, very weird to see because some players play more desperate when they have it and he does the complete opposite.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
but man does Malo Gusto have a nightmare start so far. I like the kid, but he's often lackadaisical defensively, and I think Chelsea fans should pray Reece James is healthy for a change this year, cause Gusto's not ready to start.

Highlights and comments disagree with you.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Are City and Chelsea the only teams in 'cup preseason matches'?
City in Japan and Chelsea in the Florida cup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad