2023-2024 Preseason

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Did I understand correctly that this game is going to penalties REGARDLESS of the result??
Correct. Penalties at the end no matter what. Just wait til we spin zone this into an Arsenal win.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
That Arsenal kit is truly ugly. Seems more yellow than green though. But light blue numbers on a yellow background.. :facepalm:
They look like zebras advertising Mountain Dew. That minecraft pitch is awful too.

This isn't unusual for friendlies, teams want to get in different types of practice.
In my 32 years of watching (A LOT OF) football I've never heard about that. Anyway, not watching that gimmick, switching to Chelsea

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Guess they aren't showing us the penalties?

Pretty boring friendly overall. Martinelli should have buried that chance around the 10 min mark and then United score 2 off poor errors from Ramsdale and Gabriel.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea definitely looks a lot more direct than under previous managers. Hard to know if that is entirely the manager change or the removal of certain players.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Great rhythm so far, not surprising in a Pochettino vs de Zerbi match. Great team goal by Brighton but man does Malo Gusto have a nightmare start so far. I like the kid, but he's often lackadaisical defensively, and I think Chelsea fans should pray Reece James is healthy for a change this year, cause Gusto's not ready to start. Nkunku on the other hand already looks like Chelsea's best player, and he's got that killer instinct they've missed for a couple of years now in their players.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Santos looks like he's going to be a beast.

Sterling still looks lost.

Chukwuemeka is still clearly not ready despite being talented.

Chilwell healthy and in fine form so far.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Chelsea lucky to be level at half time. Brighton has been the better squad, but their finishing is letting them down, as usual.

de Zerbi needs to work a bit more on his English.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hopefully they don't loan out Santos, he looks ready for rotation in the first team.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Gallagher!

Casadei what a play to get that in, and Jackson with the poise in deep.

Jackson showing better link up play in 2 friendly games than Havertz showed in 3 seasons.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Another assist from Jackson, who looks smooooth out there. Gallagher deserved a goal tonight, such box to box hustler, he looks possessed by Kante's ghost.

Reactions: Blender

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Holy shit Jackson is great.
Kid looks like prime Drogba out there, 1 goal and 2 assists in a couple of minutes. Speed, awareness, technique, passing, finishing.

Now Colwill takes Joao Pedro (who's looked very good) out in the penalty box. 4-2, Joao Pedro's a baller too.

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad