2023-2024 Preseason

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Roma cancelled their entire Asia trip, apparently the South Korea organizer failed to pay them, Wolves cancelled their trip as well

Spurs add Barca match

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
United starting XI vs Leeds in Norway:

Heaton
Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Martinez, Fernandez
Hannibal, Mainoo, Mount
Forson, Diallo, Sancho

Bench is filled with youth. Looks like Fred didn't make the trip after all. Transfer?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Pretty meh first half. United better first 25 minutes, Leeds better last 20.

Neither teams close to scoring a goal.
These matches usually are like this.

Honestly, i didnt even know Tom Heaton 38, was still playing.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Kiwior looked really really good that half. Saka was dominant, as usual. Excited to see this team with all of its starters.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy smokes, I guess we're not giving these players any sort of break. Not specifically talking about Arteta here, but all of football in general. Hell, the CL Final was only a month back and we're already starting? Geez, here comes the injuries and burnout rate mentally.

Arsenal started off with a ridiculous team on top of that to boot. Saka, Gabriel, Saliba, Jesus, Odingaard, Partey, Ramsdale (just subbed off), and White are all starting.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Holy smokes, I guess we're not giving these players any sort of break. Not specifically talking about Arteta here, but all of football in general. Hell, the CL Final was only a month back and we're already starting? Geez, here comes the injuries and burnout rate mentally.

Arsenal started off with a ridiculous team on top of that to boot. Saka, Gabriel, Saliba, Jesus, Odingaard, Partey, Ramsdale (just subbed off), and White are all starting.
This isn't really that unusual. Odegaard and Jesus didn't start and everyone other than White has been subbed off.

Anyway, Balogun just hit the post and then Hein gave away a goal

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This isn't really that unusual. Odegaard and Jesus didn't start and everyone other than White has been subbed off.

Anyway, Balogun just hit the post and then Hein gave away a goal
I get that they were only playing half of the game at the very beginning, but I am talking about timing. The preseason shouldn't start until the third week in July at the earliest.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Apologies if this (or related) has already been posted but I haven't seen it here. I haven't watched the interview but reading about it makes me really hope for the best for Dele. He always seemed like a very likable person and hopefully he comes through this in a good place.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Champions league is doing qualifiers, there is no CL thread and I am too lazy to make one. Ok maybe I'll make one.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Champions league is doing qualifiers, there is no CL thread and I am too lazy to make one. Ok maybe I'll make one.
My team Farul Constanta just beat Sheriff Tiraspol (of Real Madrid fame) 1-0 in our first game, away game's on Tuesday, one of the biggest games in my footballing fandom haha. If we beat them we're going to get Maccabi Haifa in the second qualifying round.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Naby Keita injured in his first preseason game for Bremen. Of course

• Haha
Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My team Farul Constanta just beat Sheriff Tiraspol (of Real Madrid fame) 1-0 in our first game, away game's on Tuesday, one of the biggest games in my footballing fandom haha. If we beat them we're going to get Maccabi Haifa in the second qualifying round.
I watched it. Kinda of flubbed the shot on the goal, but goals a goal.
They kept complaining about the field being dry or rough or bumpy I donno, I had the volume low.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

- Badiashile still nursing his injury from last year
- Reece is apparently sick but there were injury concerns a week ago so I wonder if it’s a cover
- Fofana’s got knee worries and is being evaluated. Yeesh. Wes is talented but he needs to be fit so he can improve his physicality and play so he can improve his anticipation.

Also, with Ampadu’s sale, I think this nearly guarantees Chalobah starting the season with us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad