Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023

What's impressive about this play in my mind is...it was really well defended.

January 2024- Despite seeing little playing time with powerhouse Lokomotiv, But has still been remarkably productive. It’s rare for But to see more than 10 minutes of playing time, he still has eight goals and 17 points, good for 10th in team scoring. In the month of November, he racked up four goals and eight points in 11 games. One game But had two assists where he played just 5:05. The production he’s putting up in those limited minutes has been outstanding and has to have Coyotes management excited for his future with the club. Keith Duggan

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Reactions: Kaizen and Kai Yo T

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I don't blame Button for not realizing how good But is. I do however expect that But will be a better player than any of our other guys on that list.
If we can all be true to ourselves one of the biggest reasons the 2023 sucked wasn't the picks. It was because we picked two Russians by a franchise who has has absolutely no luck in the draft (let's be honest Keller and Chychrun shouldn't have been available when we selected them and may have been the only luck we've ever had).

I remember thinking that it would suck to not see these kids in WJC, to not have the media pump their tiers and to know it would be blind faith in the org. Both kids have surpassed all expectations. Next step is them just becoming quality NHL'ers because they will never have a chance on the in-between stages

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If we can all be true to ourselves one of the biggest reasons the 2023 sucked wasn't the picks. It was because we picked two Russians by a franchise who has has absolutely no luck in the draft (let's be honest Keller and Chychrun shouldn't have been available when we selected them and may have been the only luck we've ever had).

I remember thinking that it would suck to not see these kids in WJC, to not have the media pump their tiers and to know it would be blind faith in the org. Both kids have surpassed all expectations. Next step is them just becoming quality NHL'ers because they will never have a chance on the in-between stages
Hopefully neither is reading he negativity about the Yotes because most of it is in English. Hopefully neither signs a contract extension with Yaroslavl. Hopefully both see a 50% uptick in minutes next season.

Reactions: DustyDangler

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
TMU is already doing playoffs? Weird league.

If/when they get eliminated could we see Duda join the roadrunners before the end of this year?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Not until his KHL contract expires. I think we've heard speculation about May.
KHL contracts tend to expire on April 30 according to their web site. The Roadrunners regular season ends a week before. I still don't know what qualifications are needed to make the roster for the playoffs.

Reactions: lanky

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
KHL contracts tend to expire on April 30 according to their web site. The Roadrunners regular season ends a week before. I still don't know what qualifications are needed to make the roster for the playoffs.
I don't know either but if it's anything like the NHL he should be able to join the Roadrunners for the playoffs.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Pronman Prospect Pool Rankings - Coyotes:
2024 - 9th (Guenther, Simashev, But, Geekie, Lamoreaux)
2023 - 12th (Cooley, But, Simashev, Guenther, Geekie)
2022 - 11th (Cooley, Guenther, Hayton, Geekie, Moser)
2021 - 14th (Guenther, Hayton, Timmins, Soderstrom, Jenik)
2020 - 11th (Hayton, Chychrun, Keller, Soderstrom, Jenik)
2019 - 17th (Hayton, Soderstrom, Bahl, Capobianco, Merkley)
2018 - 15th (Strome, Hayton, Merkley, PO Joseph, Steenbergen)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Replace Lamoureux with Cooley and where are we? Much closer to top five, I expect.
Would that not be 2023? Why would we jump from 12th in 2023 to top five with the same players for 2024? Maybe others aren't as high on our prospects as some are on this board.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Would that not be 2023? Why would we jump from 12th in 2023 to top five with the same players for 2024? Maybe others aren't as high on our prospects as some are on this board.
i think the point he is making is Cooley isn't included in the rankings. If you exclude our top prospect (who is in the NHL which is why he is excluded) it affects where we fall in the rankings. It's like saying you know the Leafs don't score a lot of goals when you exclude Matthews.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
i think the point he is making is Cooley isn't included in the rankings. If you exclude our top prospect (who is in the NHL which is why he is excluded) it affects where we fall in the rankings. It's like saying you know the Leafs don't score a lot of goals when you exclude Matthews.
My point was that rt wants the same players that we had in the 23 rankings where we ranked 12th, so why would the same players in the 24 list rank top five?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
My point was that rt wants the same players that we had in the 23 rankings where we ranked 12th, so why would the same players in the 24 list rank top five?
you know we are going to likely pick in top 6-8 right? potentially top 5.

That and players progress in their development. 2 of the guys in our list have barely been watched by scouts at all let alone live.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
If Cooley was still playing NCAA for the Gophers, he'd be included in the '24 prospects list. But he's no longer a prospect and is removed from our '24 pool.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
you know we are going to likely pick in top 6-8 right? potentially top 5.

That and players progress in their development. 2 of the guys in our list have barely been watched by scouts at all let alone live.
The picks this year have nothing to do with that list. Maybe, just maybe, we are over valuing our picks?

If Cooley was still playing NCAA for the Gophers, he'd be included in the '24 prospects list. But he's no longer a prospect and is removed from our '24 pool.
I know why he's not on the list.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
The picks this year have nothing to do with that list. Maybe, just maybe, we are over valuing our picks?

An element to consider is, the Coyotes have a generally younger prospect pool. The top 5 players for the top 5 teams all have an average age exceeding the Coyotes top 5. Those pools are going to graduate more players sooner, the Coyotes prospects will (hopefully) continue to develop and the Coyotes will continue to climb the rungs of this ladder. If you exclude Guenther who will of course graduate from next year's list, you have 4 19 year olds and an 18 in the top 5.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad