Prospect Info: [2023 - 165th] Filip Eriksson (Allsvenskan - Nybro Vikings IF)

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

Nice. The way he evaded the defender's check at the last moment, he timed that perfectly as he knew the guy was closing on him.
If he fills out his frame and becomes stronger and more explosive, I think we may have something there. He should stay there another year then cross the pond to be ready to play for the Rocket with an outside shot at the main club at the start of 2025-26.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Is it normal to be excited by basically all of the prospects drafted in the last few years?
Besides Reinbacher being arguably a BIT underwhelming everyone else is doing pretty awesome. With exceptions of the NCAA picks and like Tourigny and Nurmi maybe?

Lot of very promising upside

I mean this is pretty insane production from a 6th rounder in the Allsvenskan. He's got smarts, he's got skills.. no one really talks about him.

That’s a nasty back hand jesus

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'm surprised there is such a huge gap between the SHL and Allsvenskan. Production seemed to be relatively similar with SHL guys obviously doing better when relegated in the past but not to this extent. Sextupling your production is something else.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm surprised there is such a huge gap between the SHL and Allsvenskan. Production seemed to be relatively similar with SHL guys obviously doing better when relegated in the past but not to this extent. Sextupling your production is something else.
Maybe just has a better opportunity/team/system, etc. to produce.

Unless things have changed in the last few years it’s not an enormous drop in talent between the two leagues.

Pretty sure what the kid is doing is pretty impressive regardless but I don’t really know

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Maybe just has a better opportunity/team/system, etc. to produce.

Unless things have changed in the last few years it’s not an enormous drop in talent between the two leagues.

Pretty sure what the kid is doing is pretty impressive regardless but I don’t really know
I feel like hockey has changed so much in the past 5 years because of the ramifications of COVID and Russia being barred from international play. All the leagues have changed in terms of quality of competition. The only one I can clearly say got better was NLA.

Going over a PPG in a men's league is impressive regardless at 19 years old. People were very happy for mesar being .5 PPG in the Slovak league which is comparable to whatever is below the ECHL. Brant Harris led the league in points last year, he was unable to score more than 4 goals in a four year AHL career. Allsvenskan is much stronger than that and Eriksson is doing quite well.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I figured big drop in skill level
It's the relegation league of the SHL, the drop can't super big between the two leagues.

If we compare with his peer (D+1 NHL prospects). Last year, Lekkerimäki had 9 pts in 29 games, Östlund had 26pts in 37 games, Öhgren had 20pts in 36 games in HockeyAllsvenskan. All 1st round picks in the 2022 draft (they played for a relegated team, they are all loaned to SHL teams this year).

Will Eriksson production last, no idea, there is probably not that many games left either to see if that would hold over the entire season either. The real question is why they waited so long to loan him to an HockeyAllsvenskan team or back to the J20 if they didn't think he was at his place in the SHL. SHL teams usually don't have problems doing that.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Seems the SHL rarely plays rookies in important roles

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I think Reinbacher will end up an awesome dman just a feeling
I was super high on him at that draft.

I’m not loving his D+1 but it’s certainly not hopeless. The people going on about how awful our drafting is while Slaf’s completely 180’d is goofy as if Reinbacher is anywhere near that bad a pick.

But RB still needs plenty of work.

Reactions: montreal

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

I’m not loving his D+1 but it’s certainly not hopeless. The people going on about how awful our drafting is while Slaf’s completely 180’d is goofy as if Reinbacher is anywhere near that bad a pick.

I think people are focusing on his stats too much. He’s still the top d man on that team but if the team scores 2 goals a game how can he contribute? He also seems to have picked it up after starting the year with an injury. Coincidentally or not the team is stringing wins together too.

Reactions: SlafySZN

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think people are focusing on his stats too much. He’s still the top d man on that team but if the team scores 2 goals a game how can he contribute? He also seems to have picked it up after starting the year with an injury. Coincidentally or not the team is stringing wins together too.

He's a top 4 D on the worst defense in the league. As for how can he put up points, his PP time is all over the place, one game last week he had over 6 mins on the PP and nothing to show for it. He has a big shot but rarely seems to use it.

It's a long process so he just needs to show progress year and year but for now I don't know how anyone can really know what the f*** he is or isn't as he's just been very disappointing in the kind of mistakes he's made, the way he's handled the puck most of the time and overall just flat out terrible production.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Bobrov said they wanted NHLers, they are going to get them, since Slaf, Reinbacher, Beck, Fowler, Hutson, Engstrom, Xhekaj, Mesar, etc.. these kids are going to see the NHL at different points but there's a ton of question marks there as to just how good or effective any will be.

Personally I have not been overly impressed with Slaf, but it's good to see him doing better, I don't get to see too much of him but I think he's still got a long ways to go if we are talking about hopefully one day a 70+ pt player since at 1st OA we need big production out of him most likely, if we ever hope to be a contender again.

Reinbacher I just don't know what to make of him, you can see the tools, you can see the flashes of what he will be able to do in the NHL but his play is just so disappointing and I just don't know what to make of it as it is just no fun at all to watch him play most of the time. But he's big, has the mobility, skating, reach, he can move the puck, so you know he's a lock to see the NHL but at this point I hope they take their time with him or he adjusts to the bigger frame on the smaller ice and takes off next year like Slaf seems to be in his D+2.

So much will come down to what happens with the development of these 2. I am a big believer in Hughes and MSL as HC, I have been one of the biggest Tommy Lehmann fans on this board as I love the job he's doing for us despite how pissed off I am at how shitty and dis-interested Norlinder has looked in Laval this year, Engstrom is easily one of our best prospects, no question.

Too small a sample size for Ericksson here, I saw a little of him during the Champions league and I wasn't impressed at all. Norlinder was named the top prospect in Allsvenskan at 19 and Olofsson at 17 I believe, so I wouldn't get too hyped on him just yet as his resume isn't overly impressive and then last year he missed most of the season so we'll see but I am will to trust whoever Lehmann picks.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Not worried about the production so much.

I don’t like how he handles the puck and seems to be in such a hurry to get it off his stick. I seen him actually make the odd nice stick handling play lately. It was heartening to see.

I really like his defensive play all in all but his feet need to get quicker as well.

He needs a big offseason

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Just found a picture of him, he's got a very thick beard for a 19 years old!

HenrikZetterberg-POW.jpg

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
The article covers at high level the Habs euro prospects but the section for Eriksson includes Q&A from an interview with Eriksson's coach about deployment, development, etc

TLDR: he's playing in Allsvenskan to have top line PP/PK minutes, great production, IQ and "almost too good for this level" comment by coach. They're happy about the way he improves but he needs ice time not 3rd-4th line minutes on SHL team.

skidcells

May 11, 2023

18 pts in 16 games in the second division in Sweden. In his D+1 season, Noah Ostlund played exclusively in the second division and had 26 pts in 37 games. This year, in his D+2 season, Ostlund has 18 pts in 30 games with Vaxjoe (Eriksson’s team) in the SHL. If Filip can match those numbers in his D+2 we will have ourselves a steal for a 7th round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad